Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Such rain effect on a track are configured in the track config. Usually they are downloaded automatically. They will be placed in /assettocorsa/extension/config/tracks/loaded/

Be sure you have this activated:
View attachment 650765
AND:

Track configs in the /assettocorsa/extension/config/tracks/ folder will be loaded with higher priority, so maybe clear the FILES in that folder (NOT the folders which are in there)
Amazing! This was the issue. I do not even remember on which step I missed that.
That's a lot Peter. You make amazing product. Looks totally dope! ! ! ;););)
PS and I dont need to reinstall whole game :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I just did a fresh install of assetto, latest content manager, CSP 0.1.80-preview115 and sol 2.2.7

i get a crash if i select __sol_extra PPfilter. it works with __sol though. any idea why?

Kunos car and track

Attachments

• acs_5KdJZOtrVp.png
    acs_5KdJZOtrVp.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Content_Manager_wnSdOiLxZI.png
    Content_Manager_wnSdOiLxZI.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I just did a fresh install of assetto, latest content manager, CSP 0.1.80-preview115 and sol 2.2.7

i get a crash if i select __sol_extra PPfilter. it works with __sol though. any idea why?

Kunos car and track
A conclusion to fix the most crashes with CM, CSP:

Try to update CM and CSP manually:

download ContentManager.zip from here:

replace your ContentManager.exe with the one inside the zip.

download CSP:
OR if you have a CSP preview version, use that zip.

open the zip and extract the dwrite.dll and the extension folder to your AC root folder (steamapps/common/assettocorsa)

start CM and check the CM version in settings->content manager->general
App version should be 0.8.2467.39678

Thanks for your fast response

I originally did my clean install in the way you describe

Did the same again now, made no difference. Strange.

Tried the other things mentioned in the install doc, deleting cfg/extensions folder in documents etc, no luck

Attachments

• Content_Manager_AweT8c4sfY.png
    Content_Manager_AweT8c4sfY.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Content_Manager_d2s4qQltrO.png
    Content_Manager_d2s4qQltrO.png
    245 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for your fast response

I originally did my clean install in the way you describe

Did the same again now, made no difference. Strange.

Tried the other things mentioned in the install doc, deleting cfg/extensions folder in documents etc, no luck
Content manager is still the older version. Please update it manually with the method described above. You need to find your used ContentManager.exe and replace it with the downloaded one from github.

Fantastic work! Everything looks great, rain is crazy in VR!

However, since Sol 2.0 my VR experience is very jittery. As you can see below, the CSP render stats show an constant CPU frametime spike with the latest Sol and Preview CSP. I tried different settings and CSP rollbacks but to no avail.

When I roll back to an older version (1.5) the framespikes disappear and the VR experience is smooth as heck!

Anybody knows what the problem might be? I have a RTX4080 and 5800x3d. Frametime spikes are in VR and non-VR.

Screenshot 2023-04-02 232958.png

Fantastic work! Everything looks great, rain is crazy in VR!

However, since Sol 2.0 my VR experience is very jittery. As you can see below, the CSP render stats show an constant CPU frametime spike with the latest Sol and Preview CSP. I tried different settings and CSP rollbacks but to no avail.

When I roll back to an older version (1.5) the framespikes disappear and the VR experience is smooth as heck!

Anybody knows what the problem might be? I have a RTX4080 and 5800x3d. Frametime spikes are in VR and non-VR.

View attachment 652319
Sol is not very good in terms of fluid frame time. It's code is not written good. That's why I started Pure 2 years ago. This is way better and it's focus is steady framerates and better lighting. Also it's Autoexposure is way better for VR. There is no crazy fluctuation when you look around in the cockpit.

Sol is not very good in terms of fluid frame time. It's code is not written good. That's why I started Pure 2 years ago. This is way better and it's focus is steady framerates and better lighting. Also it's Autoexposure is way better for VR. There is no crazy fluctuation when you look around in the cockpit.
Dude, you're an absolute legend! Thanks for responding AND responding so quick. Will take my chances with Pure then. Thanks for saving tons of hours troubleshooting!

My day and night are inversed suddenly for no reason. The sky is pitch black in the morning, please help.
It depends on the track. If there are wrong timezone options, this can happen. What track is it? It needs to be updated for CSP.

For now just set "if no specific date is set, use original sun trajectory" in weatherFX settings and set no date in drive menu. Then the simple sun trajectory of the track is used.

It depends on the track. If there are wrong timezone options, this can happen. What track is it? It needs to be updated for CSP.

For now just set "if no specific date is set, use original sun trajectory" in weatherFX settings and set no date in drive menu. Then the simple sun trajectory of the track is used.
Actually it was the same on any track so I ruled that out. For now it's temporarily fixed after I reinstalled sol, but pretty sure this wasn't the first time such issue came up.

hey man was wondering why when i go to download sol from 1 of the 2 links it dosent download as a zip file and tells me to open in notes i was following a guide [
] that had the links i dunno what i could have done wrong:roflmao::cry:

Hi, sorry for the bother but SOL doesnt work for me, if I activate the SOL weather script, the game crashes and gives me the two error windows I attached in the post, if I deactivate the weather script , the game runs normally, even with the controller script activated, I don't know if it is a problem with CSP, with my computer or SOL, so if someone can help me, it would be much appreciated.
My computer is a i5-3300 with 16 RAM (DDR3) and a GeForce GT710
Thanks

Annotation 2023-04-15 211014.png
Annotation 2023-04-15 211038.png

Hi, sorry for the bother but SOL doesnt work for me, if I activate the SOL weather script, the game crashes and gives me the two error windows I attached in the post, if I deactivate the weather script , the game runs normally, even with the controller script activated, I don't know if it is a problem with CSP, with my computer or SOL, so if someone can help me, it would be much appreciated.
My computer is a i5-3300 with 16 RAM (DDR3) and a GeForce GT710
Thanks

View attachment 655800View attachment 655801
A conclusion to fix the most crashes with CM, CSP

If you still got crashes, try to update CM and CSP manually:

download CSP:

open the zip and extract the dwrite.dll and the extension folder to your AC root folder (steamapps/common/assettocorsa)

check the video settings in setting Assetto Corsa - video, select the Pure ppfilter. If no ppfilter is selected here, the game will crash as well.

select "Sol" as weather script in settings CSP weatherFX.

Run a session.

Also there are sometimes problems with Microsoft Onedrive. So if you don't need it, uninstall it. If you use it, deactivate Ondrive for your Documents/Assetto Corsa folder.

Last edited:
A conclusion to fix the most crashes with CM, CSP

If you still got crashes, try to update CM and CSP manually:

download CSP:

check the video settings in setting Assetto Corsa - video, select the Pure ppfilter. If no ppfilter is selected here, the game will crash as well.

select "Sol" as weather script in settings CSP weatherFX.

Run a session.

Also there are sometimes problems with Microsoft Onedrive. So if you don't need it, uninstall it. If you use it, deactivate Ondrive for your Documents/Assetto Corsa folder.
I did everything that you lead me to, (reinstall CM, reinstall CSP with the link provided, uninstalled onedrive, check csp and pp effects settings) and it stills crashes, but CM gives me a different crash screen, saying that the gpu failed. Monitoring, the gpu doesn't pass from 40 -60 % of usage. Is there a problem with the GPU itself or CSP? Because the game runs perfecly with the PPfilters on, it starts crashing when I activate the weather script.
Thanks again for the help

Attachments

• imagen_2023-04-17_143820448.png
    imagen_2023-04-17_143820448.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 34
I did everything that you lead me to, (reinstall CM, reinstall CSP with the link provided, uninstalled onedrive, check csp and pp effects settings) and it stills crashes, but CM gives me a different crash screen, saying that the gpu failed. Monitoring, the gpu doesn't pass from 40 -60 % of usage. Is there a problem with the GPU itself or CSP? Because the game runs perfecly with the PPfilters on, it starts crashing when I activate the weather script.
Thanks again for the help
Just try to rename your documents/Assetto Corsa folder. This will reset your AC/CSP settings. Select Sol or Pure again in weatherFX and try again. If this works, a setting causes that.

when i try and download it does download but when i try to open it is just a word file with the code and theres no proper files i dont know whats wrong with it and if you can help it would be great
1681846019678.png

as you can see its a word/note file and i got it open once and it was all code or something i couldnt read but now i cant open it anymore

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 399 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 251 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 268 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 159 27.7%
Back