Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Oh! it looked more like some sort of slime lol. Thank you, that's good to know.

Oh no... It was turned off. I feel a bit stupid now lol. Thank you, that was the problem.

But now I have the issue where I have some sort of filter on my right/left eye's part of the screen. I'll read about it before asking questions. It was still very useful, thank you again Peter.
If you like, you could try the Sol 1.1 beta. There Sol works with PostProcessing deactivated.
https://discord.gg/fM8zVzP. You have to set
nopp__use_sol_without_postprocessing = true in the /extension/weather/sol/sol_config.lua. Some people using this to get back some fps.

If you like, you could try the Sol 1.1 beta. There Sol works with PostProcessing deactivated.
https://discord.gg/fM8zVzP. You have to set
nopp__use_sol_without_postprocessing = true in the /extension/weather/sol/sol_config.lua. Some people using this to get back some fps.
Ok. It's now clear that you are the Messiah. You just killed too birds with one stone. Both problems solved with that 1.1 beta of Sol. I truly appreciate your help and responsiveness. And since I've not said it up to now, thank you for your work and dedication in increasing everyone's appreciation of the racing experience in Asseto Corsa.

Does anyone have light leaking at the edges of the curbs? It's mostly visible when the sun is setting and not shining directly on the track, so there is global illumination, the track is visible, but it's starting to dusk, I can see very thin light stripes at the edges of the curbs for example, where the track surface and curb meet. Is this due to the mod or was it always there... or am I the only one?

I tried:

[BASIC]
; Extension
ENABLED=1 ; Active (set to 0 to disable Lighting FX); 1 or 0

1 and 0, no difference.

There was a good tip in the shaders patch Discord channel to give a big fps boost with VR. Due to you can't really see much detail with distant cars, you can set the LODs at minimum.
lod.jpg

This should give a neat boost with many cars in front of you...

There was a good tip in the shaders patch Discord channel to give a big fps boost with VR. Due to you can't really see much detail with distant cars, you can set the LODs at minimum.
lod.jpg

Is there a way to decrease pop in from the lights in front of the driver? When driving Daytona the lights on the banking look like they turn on one by one on each lap.

lod.jpg

Thanks for that tricks!
Is there a way to use this only in VR?
Because im watching replay on tv..

I'm getting snow textures (trees and track) on Kunos Nordschliefe with shaders light patch activated and none when it's deactivated. Is this supposed to happen? It doesn't happen on any other track, Kunos or mod.

Just to note, I JUST bought the "Dreampack #1" with the Nordschleife track today, so it cannot have any mod elements installed within it, I've installed no mods after it.
same ,im also getting a snowy nordschliefe

Season effects are in-built. if you are on todays date, it was snowing there so its white. select a date that is mid summer and it will be normal again. 3 dots on time slider in CM. Brands Hatch in Kent UK is the same today as it is currently snow covered.

Please read the manual page 13+14 and bottom of page 17. I adjusted Sol to use the lower region of colors for night. Maybe your monitor is not capable of this or its not right calibrated.
You can also adjust the night brightness....

All settings are done in the /extension/weather/sol/sol_config.lua
thanks for the reply , i did calibrated my monitor maybe i got it wrong ,
after changing the night__brightness_adjust line to 2.0 , it looks better now

Season effects are in-built. if you are on todays date, it was snowing there so its white. select a date that is mid summer and it will be normal again. 3 dots on time slider in CM. Brands Hatch in Kent UK is the same today as it is currently snow covered.
Ah, thanks for the info. The CM guy(s) could use a bit of a UI upgrade on that, in flight sim, train sim, etc. all time and seasonal effects are shown by very obvious icons and sliders/arrows on the time settings page, not buried in menus. Even FSX which uses real time/date by default has those settings out in the open on a settings page.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Ah, thanks for the info. The CM guy(s) could use a bit of a UI upgrade on that, in flight sim, train sim, etc. all time and seasonal effects are show by very obvious icons and sliders/arrows, not buried in menus. Even FSX which uses real time/date by default has those settings out in the open on a settings page.
Thanks again.

UI for weather FXs will eventually make its way to CM. Its in the works, but like anything, these things take time :thumbsup:

Does anyone have light leaking at the edges of the curbs? When driving at down or dusk it is very visible. I'm using the Rift. It's visible using 'Oculus' or 'OpenVR'. On this recording its not that obvious, but while racing it's quite distracting... Is there a setting in the mod that can solve this?

Sorry for reposting this, but I still haven't got Sol to work =/

Day and night transition is not working for me. If I try starting a race at 23.00 I would expect it to be dark, but it is still day time?
I've done a bit more digging into this and set up the time to accelerate 900x I can see the sun and shadows moving and light changing, but it gets to a point the sun stops just above the horizon and the transition stops there. Am I missing something here? I believe the sun stops at 6pm.

I read the manual and followed all the steps in the manual. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Does anyone have light leaking at the edges of the curbs? When driving at down or dusk it is very visible. I'm using the Rift. It's visible using 'Oculus' or 'OpenVR'. On this recording its not that obvious, but while racing it's quite distracting... Is there a setting in the mod that can solve this?

I did notice this effect becoming stronger with this mod. I can't look at the mesh in 3d but when you put a kerb anywhere next to a road surface you get small seam or gap there if you don't match the vertices perfectly. I don't think the issue is specular aliasing which is a problem in ac but (anti)aliasing of some other sort?

I did notice this effect becoming stronger with this mod. I can't look at the mesh in 3d but when you put a kerb anywhere next to a road surface you get small seam or gap there if you don't match the vertices perfectly. I don't think the issue is specular aliasing which is a problem in ac but (anti)aliasing of some other sort?

Thank you for your reply, I understand what you mean now! I tried a fresh install of vanilla AC without any mods and it’s there too. I just didn’t notice it before because, like you say, it was less pronounced (and I wasn’t driving around at dusk that much). It only appears at certain parts of the track, so it makes sense what you say that it’s a mesh design flaw...

It makes me think though... what it is we are seeing behind there? Is it just a white world? Can we make that world black? Then it would be less visible? Or if the mod made it more visible, can it also be made less visible by adjusting some values?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back