Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm getting snow textures (trees and track) on Kunos Nordschliefe with shaders light patch activated and none when it's deactivated. Is this supposed to happen? It doesn't happen on any other track, Kunos or mod.

Just to note, I JUST bought the "Dreampack #1" with the Nordschleife track today, so it cannot have any mod elements installed within it, I've installed no mods after it.

Last edited:
Has anyone an idea why the sky is black?
gy4Hc9ZUrvr8Ozb-kXpraAdNJFPoKtFQUaT1YuNgp0TIkzKGsuWbMExo_eaJ5TMlTNNRAqdDsV3BNharoCR3HaRcukesAPT4J_lRlmlieTR3M__N82KU73UV0b6vLkIoobuaPjCb-hJhNE1TO7NJhp9KhH6idAGZPLUKKCnyVsMoNBAbH79wHWSEY89Lqk9Wh4KxbETWdmNhAIFEXPLYXqbyiG5jzT0A4h-nLOCDpZdAmQSKOJDHaB4Or_abe2nZ8sPyOJo3oh4L1EqUcPJdxZWoqLUzrOLgxcAX_UBJkES6U8iVZ7xTBvRgGHgQW0NDOYTB-6g_-Yl_KEWN4jvUwktijAetEBemmw-_gcWiPZOG7XUYbhcCrsbbD6kCKR3ATca4Z48nQN76lkLrlbCxLym8g37kH4_oXH4x3m051_5t5ppidgDMiRTtDW_hppeosgb7AEtif7opwr5eDJj8xiTdd5wx4vujjQB4YDBBHBh0Fx7-02IeAEnAAjlB5FfjqAjdeD557j1_6z_oQ3O2H40o1y9gY-9OhchCpLPwY5ViRFi9O9_sGnrEB9PMyLZa_-Z2PBcHVyMZ2M9N_CmBj8ZwnLyqRgxHRCSiO09wtG8M_uwTPXBolqZXdpKYzlyjCekSi0MzyycMn7cu5zi58X9O=w1748-h983-no

iD9g87g

iD9g87g

I have a big problem with my oculus rift. i install the shaders and the sol 3 days ago and everything work perfect! today i get a diferend pp filter to my right eye (darker) so i cant drive. i tried beta 44 and beta sol v4 but nothing. The only think i did the last 2 days was i install winter mods for some trucks. When i unistall shaders and sol i am ok. Can anyone help me plz (sorry for bad english)

I also have problem with my rift´s right eye view always when I turn on ANY pp filter. My right eye view gets devided into two views: flickering black/vertically displaced image (upper part of the screen) and some what normal image (bottom half of the screen). I have had this problem fot the moment a started using rift (about a year ago) so I guess it is not an issue of these mods for me. Feels like I have tried to change every setting within pp filters, resolutions and such but nothing seems to fix it. I guess I just have to keep pp filters turned off in vr.

I have now beta44+sol beta4 installed and it seems to be working ok without pp filters on, except the problem with the headlights being ultra bright to some trackside elements and exspecially my car interior if another car drives right behind me. I found changing the Lightning FX brightness from default 300% to 100% helps to dimm the ultra bright car interior (pp filters turned off). This headlight brightness issue is absent when pp filters are turned on (even if Lightning FX brightness default 300%). The new "headlights illuminating interior" setting does not seem to do anything when I have pp filters turned off.

I have this similar issue. Mine was not write protected either. Mine even had this line: FILTER=__Sol but I always get S1 something in game at first. In cm settings I have the __Sol pp filter set up and it shows as the default one. I did try moving the pp filters from \SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters to other place and leave only _Sol there but ac then crashes on load. You need default there and then it loads into the game but it still started in S1-showroom.

I did solve it by moving the filters in \Users\User\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ppfilters\ to some other folder and only leaving the __Sol filter there. But doing that causes the game to load on track little slower because I think it is trying to find the s1 showroom pp filter and showroom pp filters first and only then loads the __Sol pp filter.

Doing that I have no errors in CM logs but in ac logs I have these errors. Although these errors are probably not related to this change I did:
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CLOUDS] COLOR
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CLOUDS] COVER
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CLOUDS] CUTOFF
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FOG] COLOR
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FOG] BLEND
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FOG] DISTANCE

fyi. I have the free version of cm.
I have this similar issue. Mine was not write protected either. Mine even had this line: FILTER=__Sol but I always get S1 something in game at first. In cm settings I have the __Sol pp filter set up and it shows as the default one. I did try moving the pp filters from \SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters to other place and leave only _Sol there but ac then crashes on load. You need default there and then it loads into the game but it still started in S1-showroom.

I did solve it by moving the filters in \Users\User\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ppfilters\ to some other folder and only leaving the __Sol filter there. But doing that causes the game to load on track little slower because I think it is trying to find the s1 showroom pp filter and showroom pp filters first and only then loads the __Sol pp filter.

Doing that I have no errors in CM logs but in ac logs I have these errors. Although these errors are probably not related to this change I did:
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CLOUDS] COLOR
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CLOUDS] COVER
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CLOUDS] CUTOFF
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FOG] COLOR
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FOG] BLEND
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FOG] DISTANCE

fyi. I have the free version of cm.
I complete all sol weathers to be compatible with standard AC in the Sol betas...

Could you clarify what you mean?
This are error logs, because sol weather don't had this values, because its not needed anymore. But for some cases CM and also AC accessing this values. So I completed the sol weather with this values again, so no side effects with missing values, like with ACServer Manager. .

This are error logs, because sol weather don't had this values, because its not needed anymore. But for some cases CM and also AC accessing this values. So I completed the sol weather with this values again, so no side effects with missing values, like with ACServer Manager. .
Thanks for the clarification.

Hey everyone !
I've been looking a bit through the thread and can't seem to find anyone who has the same issue as me.
The problem is quite self explanatory from the screenshots I took. I read the guide and tried a few tweaks in the sol__config.lua, in the Content/Miscellaneous/PPFilters settings of CM, in Settings/Custom Shaders Patch too.
Changing the in-game exposure didn't do anything. I thought it had something to do with the Winter/Snowy version of tracks, but can't figure how to turn it off.
Also it seems like I don't have this problem during night time.
Little edit while I'm writing this : I tried to see the transition from night to day and with/without clouds.
The problem seems to be related to the sun when it is not too cloudy, if that can help.
There are those green spots on the tyres which I don't know the origin of either.

My installation is fresh. I use an Oculus Rift but I have the problem out of VR as well.

Thank you in advance to any of you who has even a clue to the solution for this problem. (Sorry for any typos, I'm not a native speaker).

EDIT : Looks like it happens only when it's sunny during the winter period. (I found how to change the date after all).

Attachments

• 11AM Scattered Clouds Nurb.jpg
    11AM Scattered Clouds Nurb.jpg
    742.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Green spots Nurb.jpg
    Green spots Nurb.jpg
    718.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Morning Scattered Clouds Nurb.jpg
    Morning Scattered Clouds Nurb.jpg
    722.6 KB · Views: 300
  • Rivijera Scattered Clouds (2).jpg
    Rivijera Scattered Clouds (2).jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Rivijera Scattered Clouds (3).jpg
    Rivijera Scattered Clouds (3).jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Rivijera Scattered Clouds.jpg
    Rivijera Scattered Clouds.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 229
  • Sauce.jpg
    Sauce.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Scattered Clouds Spa.jpg
    Scattered Clouds Spa.jpg
    561.5 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Hey everyone !
I've been looking a bit through the thread and can't seem to find anyone who has the same issue as me.
The problem is quite self explanatory from the screenshots I took. I read the guide and tried a few tweaks in the sol__config.lua, in the Content/Miscellaneous/PPFilters settings of CM, in Settings/Custom Shaders Patch too.
Changing the in-game exposure didn't do anything. I thought it had something to do with the Winter/Snowy version of tracks, but can't figure how to turn it off.
Also it seems like I don't have this problem during night time.
Little edit while I'm writing this : I tried to see the transition from night to day and with/without clouds.
The problem seems to be related to the sun when it is not too cloudy, if that can help.
There are those green spots on the tyres which I don't know the origin of either.

My installation is fresh. I use an Oculus Rift but I have the problem out of VR as well.

Thank you in advance to any of you who has even a clue to the solution for this problem. (Sorry for any typos, I'm not a native speaker).

EDIT : Looks like it happens only when it's sunny during the winter period. (I found how to change the date after all).
Do you have PostProcessing activated? CM-> settings->video

Those green spots are grass. If you want to disable it, you need to edit the file "tyres_fx.ini" under \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config, and change these values to zero:

Code:
DIRT_GAIN=0.0
DIRT_FADE_GAIN=0.0
GRASS_GAIN=0.0
GRASS_FADE_GAIN=0.0

The downside effect is, you will no longer have debris on your tires if you run over grass or gravel, but there's no more mud or grass when you drive at rain or snow.

EDIT: You can remove the line
Code:
;hidden
and edit those values directly at Content Manager under Settings/Custom Shaders Patch/Tyres FX

Last edited:
Seems like i cannot get VR (oculus rift) to work after enabling this. It works if i choose OpenVR but it doesnt look right. Any know issues or solution to this?

Edit: The movement is working but i dont get any image. Just Oculus home.

That worked for me. Why is that not default though? Also I assumed by custom pp filter it meant pp filter other than the __Sol. It would have been clearer for me at least if it had said: "[x] use __Sol weather pp filter"

In the instructions it is also turned off in the images so if you follow the document to the letter you have this wrong.

I am having the same problem. Day and night transition is not working for me. I tried Ghoults tips but it didn't make any difference. If I try starting a race at 23.00 I would expect it to be dark, but it is still day time?

I read the manual and followed all the steps in the manual. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

I've done a bit more digging into this and set up the time to accelerate 900x I can see the sun and shadows moving and light changing, but it gets to a point the sun stops just above the horizon and the transition stops there. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Those green spots are grass. If you want to disable it, you need to edit the file "tyres_fx.ini" under \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config, and change these values to zero:

Code:
DIRT_GAIN=0.0
DIRT_FADE_GAIN=0.0
GRASS_GAIN=0.0
GRASS_FADE_GAIN=0.0

The downside effect is, you will no longer have debris on your tires if you run over grass or gravel, but there's no more mud or grass when you drive at rain or snow.

Oh! it looked more like some sort of slime lol. Thank you, that's good to know.

Do you have PostProcessing activated? CM-> settings->video

Oh no... It was turned off. I feel a bit stupid now lol. Thank you, that was the problem.

But now I have the issue where I have some sort of filter on my right/left eye's part of the screen. I'll read about it before asking questions. It was still very useful, thank you again Peter.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%