Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sol needs 1.25.41 or higher to work. With the Shader patch versions the new weatherFX engine was introduced and it was activated by default. If you don't have an implementation (like sol) it do not know what to do and you got those errors. You could deactivate weatherFX or just install Sol after it.

OK so how can i totally get rid of Shaders patch preview 40 as i have weather FX tab with preview 40?
I think somewhere it all got messed up.

Hi i tried driving in the night after installed Sol , but here is how my cockpit look , it looks way too dark ,any help? :(

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_812_superfast_imola_27-1-119-13-14-20.jpg

This how it looks with shaders preview 44. lights on on as well. car SHOULD be red.
Any ideas guys?
without preview 44 sol wont work.
Also lost some apps sidekick wont show up.

20190127080633_1.jpg

I did the shader installation and the sol installation and now if i select any sol weather my sky looks like this (pic1). And if i select a gbw weather my sky looks fine but my car looks like this (pic2)
hi did you sort this?? this is my issue as well.

Hi i tried driving in the night after installed Sol , but here is how my cockpit look , it looks way too dark ,any help? :(

View attachment 288022
Please read the manual page 13+14 and bottom of page 17. I adjusted Sol to use the lower region of colors for night. Maybe your monitor is not capable of this or its not right calibrated.
You can also adjust the night brightness....

All settings are done in the /extension/weather/sol/sol_config.lua

the only issue I still have is that AC won't start with the right PP filter applied. I have it set to _Sol in CM, but ingame it mostly starts with S1 Showroom activated... which is no big deal, but rather annoying still

This how it looks with shaders preview 44. lights on on as well. car SHOULD be red.
Any ideas guys?
without preview 44 sol wont work.
Also lost some apps sidekick wont show up.

View attachment 288026
Try to re-install shaders patch manually. It seems that you allowed shaders patch to delete all configs during installation (this happened to me and messed up a good few things, unfortunately). If you re-install it manually, the config-folder (and the app-folder) will be restored and you should be fine.
Please make sure to check whether you use "__Sol" filter in COntent Manager/ Settings/Assetto Corsa/Video.
Maybe you also need to re-install the sidekick app.

the only issue I still have is that AC won't start with the right PP filter applied. I have it set to _Sol in CM, but ingame it mostly starts with S1 Showroom activated... which is no big deal, but rather annoying still
Please look if your video.ini in documents-> Assetto Corsa/cfg is write protected, maybe delete it, it will be autogenerated the next time...

The filter to use is set there...

Try to re-install shaders patch manually. It seems that you allowed shaders patch to delete all configs during installation (this happened to me and messed up a good few things, unfortunately). If you re-install it manually, the config-folder (and the app-folder) will be restored and you should be fine.
Please make sure to check whether you use "__Sol" filter in COntent Manager/ Settings/Assetto Corsa/Video.
Maybe you also need to re-install the sidekick app.

I'll have a play around with this later.
I did a few installs of shaders patch via CM and it creates a back up file so maybe was conflicting.
Anyway runs great on shaders 40 with normal GBW dynamic so happy enough with that.
Will fiddle around a bit later and report back.

And thanks Peter shaders patch isn't even your work but you still answer my questions on it, so helpful and i really do appreciate it mate, i am sure we all do...

Please look if your video.ini in documents-> Assetto Corsa/cfg is write protected, maybe delete it, it will be autogenerated the next time...

The filter to use is set there...
thanks... its not set to write protection, but the entry in FILTER= is "default" ... will try manually setting it to "_Sol"

didn't work, but weirdly enough CM also shows "S1 Showroom" in the AC Setting tab, which I definitely set to Sol and saved afterwards.. will have to ask in the CM discord, its probably not directly related to Sol

edit: set it to Sol, saved, closed and reopened CM, it now showed __Sol in the Setting tab, but clicking on the manage button brought me to the inner workings of the "Default" filter instead.. something is definitely fuggery in there

Last edited:
I have a big problem with my oculus rift. i install the shaders and the sol 3 days ago and everything work perfect! today i get a diferend pp filter to my right eye (darker) so i cant drive. i tried beta 44 and beta sol v4 but nothing. The only think i did the last 2 days was i install winter mods for some trucks. When i unistall shaders and sol i am ok. Can anyone help me plz (sorry for bad english)

Basically it works fine with shaders preview 40, as soon as i go to 41-42-43-44 cars are black with black dash and no headlights lights.
Seems to be buggy reflections. If I turn them off in AC settings everything works fine again.

Last edited:
I have a big problem with my oculus rift. i install the shaders and the sol 3 days ago and everything work perfect! today i get a diferend pp filter to my right eye (darker) so i cant drive. i tried beta 44 and beta sol v4 but nothing. The only think i did the last 2 days was i install winter mods for some trucks. When i unistall shaders and sol i am ok. Can anyone help me plz (sorry for bad english)
Is this with the __Sol ppfilter or with another one?

thanks... its not set to write protection, but the entry in FILTER= is "default" ... will try manually setting it to "_Sol"

didn't work, but weirdly enough CM also shows "S1 Showroom" in the AC Setting tab, which I definitely set to Sol and saved afterwards.. will have to ask in the CM discord, its probably not directly related to Sol

edit: set it to Sol, saved, closed and reopened CM, it now showed __Sol in the Setting tab, but clicking on the manage button brought me to the inner workings of the "Default" filter instead.. something is definitely fuggery in there
I have this similar issue. Mine was not write protected either. Mine even had this line: FILTER=__Sol but I always get S1 something in game at first. In cm settings I have the __Sol pp filter set up and it shows as the default one. I did try moving the pp filters from \SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters to other place and leave only _Sol there but ac then crashes on load. You need default there and then it loads into the game but it still started in S1-showroom.

I did solve it by moving the filters in \Users\User\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ppfilters\ to some other folder and only leaving the __Sol filter there. But doing that causes the game to load on track little slower because I think it is trying to find the s1 showroom pp filter and showroom pp filters first and only then loads the __Sol pp filter.

Doing that I have no errors in CM logs but in ac logs I have these errors. Although these errors are probably not related to this change I did:
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CLOUDS] COLOR
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CLOUDS] COVER
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CLOUDS] CUTOFF
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FOG] COLOR
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FOG] BLEND
INIReader: content/weather/sol_01_clear/weather.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FOG] DISTANCE

fyi. I have the free version of cm.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back