Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
@HugoB try one of the options here
btw in the second picture you see how to open CM during gameplay, so you can change this live

View attachment 288313

View attachment 288314

It does appear everywhere. It is just the sun's position that makes it appear in different parts of the track depending the time of the day and year.

Thanks for your help guys! The anti-aliasing seems to have the most effect to get rid of these 'light leaks' at the edges. I tried MSAA 2x and it was bothersome during driving at dusk or dawn, at MSAA 4x it is no longer bothersome and only visible if you pay attention to it, there is no visible difference between MSAA 8x and MSAA 4x (concerning light leak) but things get really blurry at 8x. Now I'm going to try different supersampling techniques, to see if there is a difference between Assetto Corsa in-game SS versus OpenVR (SteamVR) SS versus Oculus mode with AA.

Edit: supersampling has no effect on this glitch. And I've tried all the options in the 'custom shaders patch' menu, nothing has an effect on this. But MSAA 4x in the AC Video settings makes it no longer bothersome, so I have settled for this.

Thoroughly enjoying this Sol Mod!! Endurance at Nordschleife with a Porsche 962C Kurzheck, all through the night, lovely! Big thanks to the developers!

Last edited:
Sorry for reposting this, but I still haven't got Sol to work =/

Day and night transition is not working for me. If I try starting a race at 23.00 I would expect it to be dark, but it is still day time?
I've done a bit more digging into this and set up the time to accelerate 900x I can see the sun and shadows moving and light changing, but it gets to a point the sun stops just above the horizon and the transition stops there. Am I missing something here? I believe the sun stops at 6pm.

I read the manual and followed all the steps in the manual. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sorry...

Could you just try something. With Sol 1.1 beta its now ready for "install via CM". Please follow this steps: Its seems a pretty safe way for everybody to install Shader Patch and Sol:

First: delete dwrite.dll in AC root folder!

Download latest Shader Patch
https://trello.com/c/XQcwBbCg/44-v0125-preview44
Drag'n'drop it to CM -> Open menu (symbol becomes green) -> press install

Download latest Sol beta
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o9cx9c9p52dio8m/Sol__1_1+beta+5.zip

Evening

I'm having issues with the 24 hour cycle, it seems it won't extend out of the games original range, does anyone have any suggestions?
As far as I'm aware, I've installed the latest shader patch (v44) correctly, and I've also followed the instructions on the Sol installation, so I'm at a loss now.

Thanks

Edit: Ignore me, I hadn't done either of those things.

Sorry...

Could you just try something. With Sol 1.1 beta its now ready for "install via CM". Please follow this steps: Its seems a pretty safe way for everybody to install Shader Patch and Sol:

First: delete dwrite.dll in AC root folder!

Download latest Shader Patch
https://trello.com/c/XQcwBbCg/44-v0125-preview44

Download latest Sol beta
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o9cx9c9p52dio8m/Sol__1_1+beta+5.zip
Unfortunately it hasn't worked. I've followed your instructions successfully but now when I try running the game I am given an error message that says the game has failed loading the gmeter app. I said igoner and try again, this time it told me the chat app had crashed. Any other suggestions?? Thanks.

Evening

I'm having issues with the 24 hour cycle, it seems it won't extend out of the games original range, does anyone have any suggestions?
As far as I'm aware, I've installed the latest shader patch (v44) correctly, and I've also followed the instructions on the Sol installation, so I'm at a loss now.

Thanks

Edit: Ignore me, I hadn't done either of those things.
This will lead to success:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol.163844/page-26#post-2904493

Some troubleshooting for Shader Patch:

Black mirrors with sunset:
Mirrors must be set to "High Quality" now with Shader Patch:
oXZLgUr.png

Time selected in CM does not corresponds with time ingame:
Uncheck "If date is not set, use original sun trajectory"
s3kwBaf.png

Unfortunately it hasn't worked. I've followed your instructions successfully but now when I try running the game I am given an error message that says the game has failed loading the gmeter app. I said igoner and try again, this time it told me the chat app had crashed. Any other suggestions?? Thanks.
Did you delete the dwrite.dll before installing Shader Patch and Sol?

Just curious if you are able to edit Sol within a custom single player championship. Such as adjusting the day multiplier and custom weather scripting. Didn't see any options other then selecting the weather and time of day (up to 18:00)

Just curious if you are able to edit Sol within a custom single player championship. Such as adjusting the day multiplier and custom weather scripting. Didn't see any options other then selecting the weather and time of day (up to 18:00)
You can use the dynamic weather plan. weatherFX is overriding the whole AC engine. And in game you can jump in time and date with the weatherFX app.

Just use 1 weather slot, if you don`t want changing weather...

I tried the weather fx app however it seems like it doesn't have the option the speed up the dynamic day night transition in a custom championship like the setup in a standard race or race weekend. 60x etc

I included a pic of my shader app. Looks different then the other posting with multipliers included

Attachments

• 1548723711673569.jpg
    1548723711673569.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back