Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Loving the new SOL patch... however, CSP above recommended is giving me all types of problems tho the additions are worth having too.

Been crashing with errors about textures and such, race cancels without reason, CSP says I need to reinstall, etc.

Tried reinstalling with CM and drag/drop.

Anything else I would need to do during the upgrades?

Just a quick note around 3D clouds and VR. I found that after a while (intermittent amount of time) it locks the frame rate on 45fps GPU usage locked to +- 40% and gives stutters etc. I checked using FPSVR. As soon as I disable 3d clouds in the app, the fps will become stable again (instantly). Tested with SP 0.1.46 up to 0.1.52. Also had many crashes indicating SP should be re-installed (which I've done a number of times). Sol use CPU split, causes the same problems with FPS it seems. Hope you can get to the bottom of the issue with the next release as the 3D clouds look stunning.

Running windowed mode (disable full screen) will solve that.

I dug around for a while trying to figure out wtf was capping my fps to find out the game's Vsync doesnt work as intended requiring the game to be ran in borderless to resolve it.
Been smooth since!

Also note that the only way to prevent the cap would be to lower settings and turn things off if you do not disable fullscreen.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Running windowed mode (disable full screen) will solve that.

I dug around for a while trying to figure out wtf was capping my fps to find out the game's Vsync doesnt work as intended requiring the game to be ran in borderless to resolve it.
Been smooth since!

Also note that the only way to prevent the cap would be to lower settings and turn things off if you do not disable fullscreen.
If anything VSync should be disabled for VR to work properly, in game and driver.
True Full Screen should give better performance (measured, not made up) and no unexpected focus lost events.

If anything VSync should be disabled for VR to work properly, in game and driver.
True Full Screen should give better performance (measured, not made up) and no unexpected focus lost events.
Windowed mode does not resolve the problem. I found that unlinking time progression takes longer for the problem to appear, but it still does. So the problem seems to be the 3d clouds, which really sucks.

Windowed mode does not resolve the problem. I found that unlinking time progression takes longer for the problem to appear, but it still does. So the problem seems to be the 3d clouds, which really sucks.

Are you using Vsync?
If so, that would explain the cap since your VR is what 90fps and Vsync would cap it to half if it drops below which requires turning off or down options to get back to max.
Like Andrew said, should be disabled with VR anyway.
Good luck!

• Deleted member 197115

VR drops frames in half due to reprojection, not VSync. This is expected behavior under higher load when it can't keep up with 90 fps.
You can disable reprojection altogether if needed.
As to why it happens only after some time, Peter was mentioning some 3D clouds associated memory leak, not sure if it was completely fixed or not. I know that new, better looking and performing clouds are coming.

ATM i'm sitting on the basic functions for weather changing in Sol 1.6. If this is ready, i will release the first alpha, so we can test, if this still happens. Everything is done from zero. So i use a completelly different way to reuse existing clouds. Its like an conveyor belt. Also memory management is different with it too. I never experienced the things with the Sol 1.5 3d clouds with the one in Sol 1.6. The question is, does it also happen with Ilja's "Base" implementation?
I changed many things in his original code to get the look of the Sol 1.5 3d clouds.

VR drops frames in half due to reprojection, not VSync. This is expected behavior under higher load when it can't keep up with 90 fps.
As to why it happens only after some time, Peter was mentioning some 3D clouds associated memory leak, not sure if it was completely fixed or not. I know that new, better looking and performing clouds are coming.
I'll wait for the next version of SOL. It definitely smells like a memory leak to me though.

Some development news of Sol 1.6:
3d clouds with a different "water fill":

KDoj3bH.jpg

lrKeov3.jpg

TavjrfH.jpg

cxLE8BW.jpg

Well it is also the case with Vsync but hey continue to shoot down my 2 cents to the guy since thats the polite thing to do.
Can't pitch a possibility of my own.
The topic is all yours.

• Deleted member 197115

Well it is also the case with Vsync but hey continue to shoot down my 2 cents to the guy since thats the polite thing to do.
Can't pitch a possibility of my own.
The topic is all yours.
Sorry, didn't mean to shut you down.
VSync scenario is correct, if VSync kicks in limiting FPS to monitor refresh rate, like 60fps, and reprojection is enabled, it will drop it to 45, if reprojection is off it will stay at 60.
But it will happen right away, not over time or when load increases, which I understood not the case with 3D clouds issues.
Friends again? :inlove:

Sorry, didn't mean to shut you down.
VSync scenario is correct, if VSync kicks in limiting FPS to monitor refresh rate, like 60fps, and reprojection is enabled, it will drop it to 45, if reprojection is off it will stay at 60.
But it will happen right away, not over time or when load increases, which I understood not the case with 3D clouds issues.
Friends again? :inlove:
Thank you,
this right here is rare sight in a thread/forum!
Yeah, we are good.
Apologies for getting "butt-hurt" on my end :thumbsup:

How to update the SOL mod when in my case there's nothing at the ContentManager's mod page. Did the first SOL install manual like recommended. Youtube channels shows the udating process only with CM's mod page showing all kind of mods.
So I have no clue

How to update the SOL mod when in my case there's nothing at the ContentManager's mod page. Did the first SOL install manual like recommended. Youtube channels shows the udating process only with CM's mod page showing all kind of mods.
So I have no clue
I’m sure there are very clear instructions on how to update Sol in the instruction manual.

So I have no clue
The install described in the install guide, is the safest way to install Sol. You can also use JSGME or the "mods" function of CM. The Sol install is in JSGME format. So if you like to install it with CM, just copy the MODS folder to AC root folder and then activate it in the MODS tab of CM.

knowing the success of Assetto 1, it cannot be otherwise
I wouldn't spend much time thinking about. AC was the only race/drive after rfactor, which has full modding support and a decent racing physic. I don't think there will be a new one, which fulfill the wishes of modders like AC. To much work to do the support for it. It's way easier to make a product with a fixed and controllable content...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.