Sol

Misc Sol 1.5.1

No permission to download

bob76

500RPM
Jul 17, 2011
heey guys 3 questions when ever i select ideal conditions it always goes to the kunos standard weather can i change this?
Second one i use vr and when i use iracing the low sun is really blinding but not in assetto how can i change this?
3rd in 24 hour cycle the sun does not change size like in real life any suggestions?

Peter Boese

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 7, 2014
heey guys 3 questions when ever i select ideal conditions it always goes to the kunos standard weather can i change this?
Second one i use vr and when i use iracing the low sun is really blinding but not in assetto how can i change this?
3rd in 24 hour cycle the sun does not change size like in real life any suggestions?
1. You have to unbind the default weather from using in CM:
1584900746964.png

2. You can just use the additional __Sol... PPFilter like __Sol_Extra. Or use the __Sol filter and set Sun Dazzle:
1584900883800.png

set sun_dazzle_mix and sun_dazzle_stength to 100% and its realy blinding!

3. what you mean with changing sun size?

bob76

500RPM
Jul 17, 2011
1. You have to unbind the default weather from using in CM:
View attachment 356988

2. You can just use the additional __Sol... PPFilter like __Sol_Extra. Or use the __Sol filter and set Sun Dazzle:
View attachment 356989

set sun_dazzle_mix and sun_dazzle_stength to 100% and its realy blinding!

3. what you mean with changing sun size?
When the sun is at the horizon is bigger than when its high up in the sky my sun with sol 1.5 is always the same size in the sky
for the filter i use sol vr one

when i set clear weather to none and select ideal con it stil goes to the kunos clear weather

dont know how to explane this but in iracing i feels like i am directly looking at the sun in sol it looks like some filter is between me and the sun yes used the above settings recomended by you

Attachments

Last edited:

Peter Boese

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 7, 2014
Thx for the suggestion, my GPU is completely fine, the usage of GPU is just 86% while the warning of CPU occupation comes up quite often, by just turning 3D cloud off I can reach a playable 30fps in le mans rather than 20fps, As for the smart mirror, I have just one screen ,so the car's mirror is basically useless, so I turn it off.
The CPU split can just increase the fps by one or two, just better than nothing.
What a pity for not gonna enjoy the 3D cloud, hope I can upgrade my CPU to ryzen 3000 series.
Thank you for the suggestion again.
I found a huge fps eater:
Try to deactivate this:
1584988861686.png

Elaphe

500RPM
Aug 26, 2016
Do you know if it is possible to use a hotkey to pass from the current weather conditions in the game to the next or to another preset?

Cristian51

1RPM
Jan 9, 2019
Hi, i got csp 0.1.46 with sol 1.5 and i got some flickering in the sky. it flickers from blue to black and back to blue. any tips how i can solve this?

Jan 2, 2020
I have played with the video settings and it seems that switching on 8x MSAA has cured the 'white dots' problem completely.
Previously MSAA was off.

Using it in combination with 8x Anisotropic Filtering and FXAA on.
Game looks pretty good now!
Going to do more tests with night driving.
Kind of a bump...but...

I stll get shimmering edges on cars, I have tried FXAA but not difference. The graphics settings in CSP should set the MSAA etc to OFF when looking in the instructions for SOL 1.5. What else to try? =)

PLease tell me what to change here:

MSAA 4X
Anisotropic 16X
FXAA ON

In CSP / Graphics Adjustments (as told by SOL instructions)
Post Processing Antialasing: DISABLED

Regards,

Attachments

greywulf

10RPM
Oct 5, 2008
Hi (Hallo) Peter! Thank you so much for your great SOL-Project, but... now i have the same old problem to get 1.5 to work. Black Sky and damaged CSP effects...

What i have tried so far:

- correct manual install and followed install instructions correctly, settings to default;
- tested different SOLs from 1.5 down to 1.3 and CSPs from 1.50 to 1.46 in different combinations;
- tested various settings in SOL, CSP and CM configurations;
- if i use only the basic weather script, the new 3d clouds are there, but off course no other weather options work
(and btw with only 24 FPS in 3d);
- deleted all SOL files and settings, all re-installed many times;

My last good version was a SOL 1.3.
This is not my first black sky with updating SOL, but in the past was roll-back to a earlier sol version the resolution.
But this time i have really no idea what went wrong now.

Thanks for any help!!!...

Peter Boese

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 7, 2014
Hi (Hallo) Peter! Thank you so much for your great SOL-Project, but... now i have the same old problem to get 1.5 to work. Black Sky and damaged CSP effects...

What i have tried so far:

- correct manual install and followed install instructions correctly, settings to default;
- tested different SOLs from 1.5 down to 1.3 and CSPs from 1.50 to 1.46 in different combinations;
- tested various settings in SOL, CSP and CM configurations;
- if i use only the basic weather script, the new 3d clouds are there, but off course no other weather options work
(and btw with only 24 FPS in 3d);
- deleted all SOL files and settings, all re-installed many times;

My last good version was a SOL 1.3.
This is not my first black sky with updating SOL, but in the past was roll-back to a earlier sol version the resolution.
But this time i have really no idea what went wrong now.

Thanks for any help!!!...
Please look in the manual , how to post an error issue. Its realy needed you make a screenshot, with the sol_weather app shown!

greywulf

10RPM
Oct 5, 2008
Please look in the manual , how to post an error issue. Its realy needed you make a screenshot, with the sol_weather app shown!
Hi - well, i don`t know why, but it' s a small wonder, i`m happy again.
After a restart today to making a screenshot for you, SOL 1.5 works now WITH CSP 1.50, all is fine again!
Hopefully i don`t have to post again. Thanks again for your wonderful work again und your great support!!!

bob76

500RPM
Jul 17, 2011
When the sun is at the horizon is bigger than when its high up in the sky my sun with sol 1.5 is always the same size in the sky
for the filter i use sol vr one

when i set clear weather to none and select ideal con it stil goes to the kunos clear weather

dont know how to explane this but in iracing i feels like i am directly looking at the sun in sol it looks like some filter is between me and the sun yes used the above settings recomended by you
No help for me guys followed the tips of peter but still, the sun is not blinding like iracing it is like there is some sort of filter or film (blurry) between me and the sun

Dec 20, 2019
I have custom shader patch and all the same options that my friend have but he have very much smoke but i have just a original smoke. What i have wrong??

Peter Boese

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 7, 2014
Look at this settings page:
1585855919853.png

The new smoke also depends on car individual settings, which are done in extra config files, So it could be different with different cars/mods. You can set extra heat to the tires to have more/earlier smoke.

Also compare this setting:
1585856042859.png

Billy Pilgrim

1000RPM
Premium
Mar 25, 2014
go CM->settings->CustomShadersPatch->Track Configs
and update imola by right click and selecting "Install now"

if still not working, check folders, you only need one cfg, preferably in
"assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded"
(config-file-name: "imola.ini")

check if there is another in
"assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\"
(if so -> delete it)

if still failing dl config manually from

(right click "Raw", then "Save as...")
Thanks for this above explanation. It's clear (as all your tips are :) )

I've had this strange problem at Imola with trees flashing. I read this post and have gone through all your steps, finally save the ini file from github into my Loaded folder.

Then -weird!- I load a race at Imola to check... I see that the flashing trees problem is still there. So I exit and go and look at the ini file in the Loaded folder... and I see that the ini folder is not the ini file that I had just saved from Github. It seems like the ini file I have saved from Github is then getting overwritten by a file that is causing my flashing trees.

Can you give me a tip on how to fix this?