Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
My setting is a copy of your guide with the 3d cloud on,As for the AC settingView attachment 356667
BTW ,due to my bad luck, my CPU can't get higher than 3.9ghz
To achieve the highest framerates with CSP and Sol, select clouds render method 0, 3d Clouds realy stress your system. And switch off "smart mirrors" in Settings > custom Shader patch > smart mirrors. Its an fps eater too.
Then select "NoClouds", "clear" or at least "few clouds", this will keep the calculations low.
As an additional step, you could try to activate "CPU split" on the first page of sol_config. This will split the calculations for the weather graphics in parts to minimize them per frame.

If you don't use dynamic weather, then you can disable "preload textures" on the first page of "sol_config" too. This will minimize your GPU mem load. Just the textures are used for the selected weather, are loaded to memory.

"ExtraFX" shouldn't be used to get high fps, also you can try to disable "grassFX".
AC will look still nice, sure without all the new eye candies, but it delivers still 24h cycle and real sun positioning and much optimization of CSP.

Last edited:
To achieve the highest framerates with CSP and Sol, select clouds render method 0, 3d Clouds realy stress your system. And switch off "smart mirrors" in Settings > custom Shader patch > smart mirrors. Its an fps eater too.
Then select "NoClouds", "clear" or at least "few clouds", this will keep the calculations low.
As an additional step, you could try to activate "CPU split" on the first page of sol_config. This will split the calculations for the weather graphics in parts to minimize them per frame.

If you don't use dynamic weather, then you can disable "preload textures" on the first page of "sol_config" too. This will minimize your GPU mem load. Just the textures are used for the selected weather, are loaded to memory.

"ExtraFX" shouldn't be used to get high fps, also you can try to disable "grassFX".
AC will look still nice, sure without all the new eye candies, but it delivers still 24h cycle and real sun positioning and much optimization of CSP.
Thx for the suggestion, my GPU is completely fine, the usage of GPU is just 86% while the warning of CPU occupation comes up quite often, by just turning 3D cloud off I can reach a playable 30fps in le mans rather than 20fps, As for the smart mirror, I have just one screen ,so the car's mirror is basically useless, so I turn it off.
The CPU split can just increase the fps by one or two, just better than nothing.
What a pity for not gonna enjoy the 3D cloud, hope I can upgrade my CPU to ryzen 3000 series.
Thank you for the suggestion again.

Thx for the suggestion, my GPU is completely fine, the usage of GPU is just 86% while the warning of CPU occupation comes up quite often, by just turning 3D cloud off I can reach a playable 30fps in le mans rather than 20fps, As for the smart mirror, I have just one screen ,so the car's mirror is basically useless, so I turn it off.
The CPU split can just increase the fps by one or two, just better than nothing.
What a pity for not gonna enjoy the 3D cloud, hope I can upgrade my CPU to ryzen 3000 series.
OK. Yes AC is mostly limited by the CPU. The higher you can get its core speed, the better fps you get. On my side, there is a huge difference if I have the core speed at 4.0 or 4.7 GHz

OK. Yes AC is mostly limited by the CPU. The higher you can get its core speed, the better fps you get. On my side, there is a huge difference if I have the core speed at 4.0 or 4.7 GHz
Sadly I was too confidence that kunos might get AC updated to suit multicore CPU when updating AC in 2018 and pick the cheaper AMD platform.Even worse, I got a not-so-good CPU which could not reach 4.0 even get the voltage up to 1.425v
Now I get this CPU running @3.95ghz with 1.45V, hopefully my heatsink can hold it

Sadly I was too confidence that kunos might get AC updated to suit multicore CPU when updating AC in 2018 and pick the cheaper AMD platform.Even worse, I got a not-so-good CPU which could not reach 4.0 even get the voltage up to 1.425v
Now I get this CPU running @3.95ghz with 1.45V, hopefully my heatsink can hold it
That's strange, my cpu never goes over 60% workload on any 1 core at a time, when in most demanding situations, that's in VR too, Ryzen 2700x

heey guys 3 questions when ever i select ideal conditions it always goes to the kunos standard weather can i change this?
Second one i use vr and when i use iracing the low sun is really blinding but not in assetto how can i change this?
3rd in 24 hour cycle the sun does not change size like in real life any suggestions?

heey guys 3 questions when ever i select ideal conditions it always goes to the kunos standard weather can i change this?
Second one i use vr and when i use iracing the low sun is really blinding but not in assetto how can i change this?
3rd in 24 hour cycle the sun does not change size like in real life any suggestions?
1. You have to unbind the default weather from using in CM:
1584900746964.png

2. You can just use the additional __Sol... PPFilter like __Sol_Extra. Or use the __Sol filter and set Sun Dazzle:
1584900883800.png

set sun_dazzle_mix and sun_dazzle_stength to 100% and its realy blinding!

3. what you mean with changing sun size?

1. You have to unbind the default weather from using in CM:
View attachment 356988

2. You can just use the additional __Sol... PPFilter like __Sol_Extra. Or use the __Sol filter and set Sun Dazzle:
View attachment 356989

set sun_dazzle_mix and sun_dazzle_stength to 100% and its realy blinding!

3. what you mean with changing sun size?

When the sun is at the horizon is bigger than when its high up in the sky my sun with sol 1.5 is always the same size in the sky
for the filter i use sol vr one

when i set clear weather to none and select ideal con it stil goes to the kunos clear weather

dont know how to explane this but in iracing i feels like i am directly looking at the sun in sol it looks like some filter is between me and the sun yes used the above settings recomended by you

Attachments

• Knipsel.JPG
    Knipsel.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Knipsel1.JPG
    Knipsel1.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I found a huge fps eater:
Try to deactivate this:
1584988861686.png

I have played with the video settings and it seems that switching on 8x MSAA has cured the 'white dots' problem completely.
Previously MSAA was off.

Using it in combination with 8x Anisotropic Filtering and FXAA on.
Game looks pretty good now!
Going to do more tests with night driving.

Kind of a bump...but...

I stll get shimmering edges on cars, I have tried FXAA but not difference. The graphics settings in CSP should set the MSAA etc to OFF when looking in the instructions for SOL 1.5. What else to try? =)

PLease tell me what to change here:

MSAA 4X
Anisotropic 16X
FXAA ON

In CSP / Graphics Adjustments (as told by SOL instructions)
Post Processing Antialasing: DISABLED

Regards,

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 121
Hi (Hallo) Peter! Thank you so much for your great SOL-Project, but... now i have the same old problem to get 1.5 to work. Black Sky and damaged CSP effects...

What i have tried so far:

- correct manual install and followed install instructions correctly, settings to default;
- tested different SOLs from 1.5 down to 1.3 and CSPs from 1.50 to 1.46 in different combinations;
- tested various settings in SOL, CSP and CM configurations;
- if i use only the basic weather script, the new 3d clouds are there, but off course no other weather options work
(and btw with only 24 FPS in 3d);
- deleted all SOL files and settings, all re-installed many times;

My last good version was a SOL 1.3.
This is not my first black sky with updating SOL, but in the past was roll-back to a earlier sol version the resolution.
But this time i have really no idea what went wrong now.

Thanks for any help!!!...

Hi (Hallo) Peter! Thank you so much for your great SOL-Project, but... now i have the same old problem to get 1.5 to work. Black Sky and damaged CSP effects...

What i have tried so far:

- correct manual install and followed install instructions correctly, settings to default;
- tested different SOLs from 1.5 down to 1.3 and CSPs from 1.50 to 1.46 in different combinations;
- tested various settings in SOL, CSP and CM configurations;
- if i use only the basic weather script, the new 3d clouds are there, but off course no other weather options work
(and btw with only 24 FPS in 3d);
- deleted all SOL files and settings, all re-installed many times;

My last good version was a SOL 1.3.
This is not my first black sky with updating SOL, but in the past was roll-back to a earlier sol version the resolution.
But this time i have really no idea what went wrong now.

Thanks for any help!!!...
Please look in the manual , how to post an error issue. Its realy needed you make a screenshot, with the sol_weather app shown!

Please look in the manual , how to post an error issue. Its realy needed you make a screenshot, with the sol_weather app shown!

Hi - well, i don`t know why, but it' s a small wonder, i`m happy again.
After a restart today to making a screenshot for you, SOL 1.5 works now WITH CSP 1.50, all is fine again!
Hopefully i don`t have to post again. Thanks again for your wonderful work again und your great support!!!

When the sun is at the horizon is bigger than when its high up in the sky my sun with sol 1.5 is always the same size in the sky
for the filter i use sol vr one

when i set clear weather to none and select ideal con it stil goes to the kunos clear weather

dont know how to explane this but in iracing i feels like i am directly looking at the sun in sol it looks like some filter is between me and the sun yes used the above settings recomended by you
No help for me guys followed the tips of peter but still, the sun is not blinding like iracing it is like there is some sort of filter or film (blurry) between me and the sun

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back