Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
As I didn't see any difference of fps when moving from 1.2 to 1.3.1 ... just at one condition ... I think you don't take too much risk going the same way.

The only condition is: don't activate the EXTRA FX extension in CSP Extensions settings ... this one might be the main fps eater.
I have a better GPU ( 1060 6GB ) ... and I only saw a fps difference following the best settings advised by Peter but only with the EXTRA FX features.

NB nonetheless .... reinstalling the previous Sol version and CSP 140 if it doesn't work with the new versions ... is not really something very difficult ( surely not for CSP ... that's just a click ;) )

Hi,
I'm no expert but if you keep your same settings it's worth a try. I would create a windows restore point so no worries.

*As a side note, don't think your rig is not worth throwing a little money at because of it's age. We have about the same setup, I built mine in 2012 and have upgraded hardware slowly. Until recently I was using a GTX 970, which was an upgrade, now with the GTX 2080 intro several months ago I took advantage of the 1080 coming down and got a generic (HP) 1080TI on ebay cheap. My GTX 970 allowed me to run AC on High settings with 38 IMSA style cars on the Daytona 24 Road track, my 1080TI runs the same setup with settings Maxed out. Anything over 38 cars there I get an intermittent CPU 99% Occupancy Warning, I have run 42 and disregarded the occasional warning. My setup now is:

Windows 7 Professional (x64
SABERTOOTH X58 Rev 1.xx
Intel Core i7 930, 2.6 @ 3.8
HP, GTX 1080TI @ factory
24GB DDR3 @ 1814 MHz
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB

Drive well good luck.
Thanks for the reply. Do i really need create a restore point ? Couldn't i just delete 1.3.1 and install 1.2.4 again for the worst case scenario?
Drive well too

As I didn't see any difference of fps when moving from 1.2 to 1.3.1 ... just at one condition ... I think you don't take too much risk going the same way.

The only condition is: don't activate the EXTRA FX extension in CSP Extensions settings ... this one might be the main fps eater.
I have a better GPU ( 1060 6GB ) ... and I only saw a fps difference following the best settings advised by Peter but only with the EXTRA FX features.

NB nonetheless .... reinstalling the previous Sol version and CSP 140 if it doesn't work with the new versions ... is not really something very difficult ( surely not for CSP ... that's just a click ;) )
Thanks for the reply.
That's what i need to hear :D
As far as i understood i'm gonna try 1.3.1
If something go wrong simply delete 1.3.1
Re-install last working version ( 1.2.4 0.1.25-preview 140)
Thats all right?

If I'm not wrong, CSP 1.25.183 version ( 185 is also fine ) is the one advised by Peter for this Sol 1.3.1
If your move doesn't perfectly succeed for your PC specs ... CSP version may very easily be reinstalled, by just clicking on this version in CM/settings/Custom Shaders Patch/About&Updates ... under "Available Versions".

But I really don't think you will need to .... as the one you're going to install should not cause any problem.

First of all i wanna thank you for this great mod and would anyone help me?
Currently i'm using SOL 1.2.4 (w/ CSP preview 140) on my PC. Unfortunately my PC rig is not so new because of that i need your advice. I have some hesitations (FPS drop) about installing latest version ol SOL (1.3.1).
TIA...

Here is my PC rig :
* ASUS SABERTOOTH Intel X79, 2011, DDR3, 1866 Mhz,SATA 3.0 USB 3.0 Rev.1
* INTEL Core i7 3820,2011, 3.6GHz, 10MB
* NDVIA ZOTAC GTX670 GDDR5 2GB 256Bit 2048MB Nvidia GeForce DX11
* CORSAIR 8GB(2x4) Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1,5V Dual Kit
GSKILL 8GB(2x4) Sniper DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1,5V Dual Kit
* WINDOWS 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
* EZCOOL 240GB SSD S280/240GB 2.5" 560-530 MB/S
That CPU can easily be boosted to 3.8 with a cheap non-Intel cooler. It'll give you quite a bump in performance. I know this because it is the exact proc I was running until recently. I also did not give it up because of poor running. I gave it up because I wanted to try the new Ryzens. It ran everything well...including VR....with a GTX1070.

Hi all,
Finally i had a chance to upgrade Sol from 1.2.4 to 1.3.1. As i said before i was wondering if would be huge fps drop or not.
As a result 5-10% fps drop with SOL 1.3.1(CSP preview185) it means fps values 45-60 (v-sync is on). This fps drop especially happened When the head lights on (there is 5% difference between headlights on or off)
I've realised (also written on the manual) SOL 1.3.1 has no "performance mod", instead of this there is an option called "Simple PP off" but i coldn't find this option. I have "Basic (not ready yet)" option Instead of "Simple PP pff) so did i someting wrong? Because when i tried "Basic" result is almost there is no SOL on my game.
How can i enaple and/or find this "Simple PP off" option on my settings?
Any help will be appreciated.

PS: I copleted all the settings as shown on the manual and "Extra FX" disabled.

Here is my Rig:

Hi all,
Finally i had a chance to upgrade Sol from 1.2.4 to 1.3.1. As i said before i was wondering if would be huge fps drop or not.
As a result 5-10% fps drop with SOL 1.3.1(CSP preview185) it means fps values 45-60 (v-sync is on). This fps drop especially happened When the head lights on (there is 5% difference between headlights on or off)
I've realised (also written on the manual) SOL 1.3.1 has no "performance mod", instead of this there is an option called "Simple PP off" but i coldn't find this option. I have "Basic (not ready yet)" option Instead of "Simple PP pff) so did i someting wrong? Because when i tried "Basic" result is almost there is no SOL on my game.
How can i enaple and/or find this "Simple PP off" option on my settings?
Any help will be appreciated.

PS: I copleted all the settings as shown on the manual and "Extra FX" disabled.

Here is my Rig:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    641 KB · Views: 466
Thx for the answers.
I have installed and gave CSP+Sol+texture correction mod a spin.
Really liking it, but I have an issue that doesn't let me fully enjoy it. Could be about some settings, idk.

The grass, trees and many objects textures show vertical and horizontal lines through them.
Don't see this in other people's videos and pics of the mod. Certainly looks as if something is not working correctly.

EDIT: not lines, white dots, I include a screenshot
https://ibb.co/CJ4yK1y

I have used all instructions from the config PDF.
Does anyone have a clue what could be the problem here?

Last edited:
Is it possible to have real, dynamic weather conditions using this mod or am I right in thinking that real conditions generates the current condition only and then enabling dynamic weather then adapts this to whatever plan is selected?

Was just thinking it would be a great feature if the app checked say, every 15 minutes for updates to the real weather and then adjusted accordingly in the race, although as above, not sure if it's already doing this or if it's something even feasible to implement.

I have played with the video settings and it seems that switching on 8x MSAA has cured the 'white dots' problem completely.
Previously MSAA was off.

Using it in combination with 8x Anisotropic Filtering and FXAA on.
Game looks pretty good now!
Going to do more tests with night driving.

Is it possible to have real, dynamic weather conditions using this mod or am I right in thinking that real conditions generates the current condition only and then enabling dynamic weather then adapts this to whatever plan is selected?

Was just thinking it would be a great feature if the app checked say, every 15 minutes for updates to the real weather and then adjusted accordingly in the race, although as above, not sure if it's already doing this or if it's something even feasible to implement.
It's in preparation...

I have played with the video settings and it seems that switching on 8x MSAA has cured the 'white dots' problem completely.
Previously MSAA was off.

Using it in combination with 8x Anisotropic Filtering and FXAA on.
Game looks pretty good now!
Going to do more tests with night driving.
You could also try the extented post processing AA settings in CSP's "graphic adjustment" page. But imo MSAA gives the best results for AC.

hi, when running the GT3 spec cars, when the lights are switched the interior of the car lights up in blue, is this suppose to happen?

Modern endurance cars have a blue light in the cockpit (can anyone tell us why blue? Pretty sure blue light is hell for your night vision). Whoever set up the light config for that car probably just got a little too carried away with the effect; it shouldn't be nearly that bright.

[EDIT] Just spoke to a friend that's a pro in Blancpain; the cockpit light is actually more of a blacklight. The drivers don't really see it at all, it's just there to make the button labels stand out. The camera just pick it up, but your eye doesn't. So all these mods with the blue cockpit lights are basically wrong. :)

Last edited:
SOL updating procedure. What would be the correct way to update a present version of SOL ?
I know there are install manuals, but can you update it in Content manager, or is it better to do it manually and remove all old content?
I only ask because some of the older tracks still have that line in the sky like a horizon, most are OK though, and my lower spec PC may have issues with any new "extra" candy that may have been added.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 67 29.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 45 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 46 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 28 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.2%