Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
SOL updating procedure. What would be the correct way to update a present version of SOL ?
I know there are install manuals, but can you update it in Content manager, or is it better to do it manually and remove all old content?
I only ask because some of the older tracks still have that line in the sky like a horizon, most are OK though, and my lower spec PC may have issues with any new "extra" candy that may have been added.
I've manually deleted old folders and paste the new one so everything is ok for me.

Im sorry if this has been posted before...

What setting should i change to turn this off?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_abarth500_ks_laguna_seca_20-9-119-2-58-14.jpg
    Screenshot_abarth500_ks_laguna_seca_20-9-119-2-58-14.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 205
SOL updating procedure. What would be the correct way to update a present version of SOL ?
I know there are install manuals, but can you update it in Content manager, or is it better to do it manually and remove all old content?
I only ask because some of the older tracks still have that line in the sky like a horizon, most are OK though, and my lower spec PC may have issues with any new "extra" candy that may have been added.
Just copy the new version manually over the old version.

Hi! Thank you very much for this brilliant Mod, it is a game changer literally.:thumbsup:
Is there any plans to implement the option to install SOL using CM?
Cheers :)
Yes, but actually its a little bit difficult, because i had to limit all to the /extension folder, which is not possible at the moment. So manual install is the best option for now...

Should the custom shaders version be updated first with Content manager, and then SOL updated ?
Yes. Because Sol brings its own weatherFX.ini where the "SimplePPoff" weather implementation is listed. SO its better todo it after the installation/update of CSP. Otherwise CSP is overwritting the weatherFX.ini again and then the "SimplePPoff" is not selectable. If there is no need for the other implementation, the order does not matter.

Yes. Because Sol brings its own weatherFX.ini where the "SimplePPoff" weather implementation is listed. SO its better todo it after the installation/update of CSP. Otherwise CSP is overwritting the weatherFX.ini again and then the "SimplePPoff" is not selectable. If there is no need for the other implementation, the order does not matter.

Is it why i couldn't find "SimplePPoff"? As far as i remember i've updated CSP after SOL installed?
Will be ok if i first delete Sol, update CSP then copy sol folder again?
TIA

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    641 KB · Views: 674
Hi everyone!
Is it just me or the "Accumulation Motion Blur" stopped working since Shaders Patch 1.25.185? With version 1.25.140 it was working like a charm, where SOL "Accumulation Motion Blur" option had that message saying it was experimental and had to disable the Motion Blur in Assetto Corsa settings.
Now there is no message in Accumulation Motion Blur, but with Assetto Corsa motion blur enabled or disabled it doesn't work anymore.
I am using SOL 1.3.1 and tried with CSP from 1.25.185 until 1.25.205.

Any tips?
Thank you :thumbsup:

I just can't get the game to run smooth. Getting random stuttering on. I can do one lap without any stuttering, only for it to be heavily there on my second lap. Tested at Nordschleife and Trento Bondone Hillclimb.
Whatever I do with the graphics settings, I can't eliminate it.
Getting frustrated with it by now...
It happens both with with CSP + SOL and with both set to off.
V-sync on or off, 60fps limit or not, various AA settings do not eliminate this.

My PC specs are: Radeon RX 580 8GB, Ryzen 5 2600X, 16 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500GB
PC is new, built and configured about 2 months ago.

I think these specs should be more than enough to run the game smoothly at high settings.

Will be very glad to eliminate this problem, but I am feeling helpless now.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 53 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 86 58.5%