Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I am using sol 1.2 with Shader patch 49( updated to 74) and all is fine.
I had a few issues (like stutters) with latter shader patch 127 but the 49+74 seems very stable.

I'm curious as to what the latest patch is getting from my C drive that previous patches were not. The game is on a different drive.

For that reason self extracting archives exist since forever for those that worry about decompression on vanilla systems. Plus one doesn't need 7zip to extract 7z archives either, any decent file manager can extract all common archive formats, so can most archivers extract other formats (WinRAR extract 7z).

It's a suggestion, there is no need to keep using old inefficient archiver and format.

7zip format is not the best but the most common with a decent speed/size.

---
p128+1.2: Opponent cars don't cast headlights into track walls, at least not much or as much as player's car. Didn't check tail lights (only work sometimes anyway, brake lights only, etc.).

1st image player headlights off yet opponent cars do not light up the wall in front. 2nd image player headlights on and they light up the wall in front fine. Only/mostly ground is getting lit up by opponent cars, headlights range doesn't seem to affect opponent cars (same vehicle).

Didn't this used to work OK before? Although I can't get it to work anymore on p49+1.1b6. Configs are all defaulted on install except what shader patch keeps after it's removal and decides to reload some values, SOL ini loading disabled.

Is it some config issue in Shader patch? In SOL? Or a missing feature?
Deleting and disabling VAO doesn't seem to make a difference.

Is there a hidden setting in shader patch to get opponent car headlights to cast light on walls in front and not only/mostly track surface?

Hidden shader setting in lighting_fx.ini is the only having any impact by making low beams brighter (at least opponent car low beams, hard to notice on player's car that overshines those with high beams anyway, I think it's for all low beams on all cars):

HEADLIGHTS_NEARBY_MULT

These seem to have no effect:
LIGHT_FROM_BEHIND_MULT
HEADLIGHTS_RANGE_MULT
HEADLIGHTS_DISTANT_RANGE_MULT
RANGE_FIRSTPERSON
RANGE_CARS_NEARBY
RANGE_CARS_DISTANT

Of course the blow out on interior is still unreal and even setting interior light_from_behind to 0 does nothing.

i talked to Ilja. He is fixing something where the lightbeams are cut with modern street cars. With old cars and gt3 you have to see the full light beam

Encountering stutters online with Preview 127 ( and 129 doesn't seem to have solved the problem as I might read on the Discord channel ) .... and not wishing to go back to 74 .... should unactivate the WeatherFX in CM be enough to solve this stutters problem when driving online on servers not using SLP ? ... but keeping SOL skies of course

NB: it seems it's also happening offline with AI ... but as I rarely race offline .. that's not really important. ;)

Edit: Updated through CM to 0.1.25-preview129 (was on recommended 0.1.25-preview49) and removed a stray mods 'lights-patch-v0.1.25-preview46' that I had there from 1.0. I think it's still happening but less so I'm happy I guess.

I just updated to Sol 1.2 with the recommended CM Shaders Patch and now my sky is flashing weirdly in the pits.

Any ideas?

I think I was on Sol 1.0 before.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I've also had the "frosted track" reported a few posts ago show up - at "Le Grande Circuit" on the Mulsanne strait. No where else on the track, just there. I've also had the "current weather" setting stop working a few times - but a simple restart of CM seemed to fix that issue. All in all the latest updates problems are outweighed by the benefits. Fantastic work as always.
its a feature. its a fata morgana. It appearse with high road temps and low wind.
If you have bluish wet road reflection (sounds like this is what you have), I had it on Nord, this is the fix.
upload_2019-5-24_21-51-59.png

Thanks for the last release Sol 1.2 + shader patch 128.
It works like a charm on my PC.
I like the moving trees.
I also like the Sol_ACC filter.

My only comment is an observation I could made on the track I have release for assetto Corsa.
Jops la Neuveville 1.0.2

On this track, and with the porsche GT3 cup, the car lights are only 100% totally switch on at only 1:17 am during the night, observed in replay. I is a very small detail, but how to correct that ?
On car it is not a problem.

Great job, thanks !!+

Edit: Updated through CM to 0.1.25-preview129 (was on recommended 0.1.25-preview49) and removed a stray mods 'lights-patch-v0.1.25-preview46' that I had there from 1.0. I think it's still happening but less so I'm happy I guess.

I just updated to Sol 1.2 with the recommended CM Shaders Patch and now my sky is flashing weirdly in the pits.

Any ideas?

I think I was on Sol 1.0 before.
Just install the latest Shader Patch in CM and do a manual install of Sol, like it is described in the overview page.

Thanks for the last release Sol 1.2 + shader patch 128.
It works like a charm on my PC.
I like the moving trees.
I also like the Sol_ACC filter.

My only comment is an observation I could made on the track I have release for assetto Corsa.
Jops la Neuveville 1.0.2

On this track, and with the porsche GT3 cup, the car lights are only 100% totally switch on at only 1:17 am during the night, observed in replay. I is a very small detail, but how to correct that ?
On car it is not a problem.

Great job, thanks !!+
With __Sol_ACC filter? With __Sol filter it's OK?

Not sure, but i think it is the same.
I answer now from an android tablet. I cpuld check that, but only tomorrow in the evening. Sorry, i am away from my pc until then.

The mod isn't really working for me even with the shader. The sky is black and the scenery is just bright without real lighting effects. Just the same brightness on everything but the sky. Rain isn't working aswell. Did I miss something?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 47 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 76 58.9%