Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can somebody help me with this?
20190527163508_1.jpg

Thanks for the work guys.

The problem has 2 sides. Actually the audio causes bugs which filles the log with many entries. Sol_weather app is reading the log. We changed that with the next version. So disabeling the log in CM will fix this and the Sol_weather app can be used again. Or just wait for the next version which is coming soon...

Thanks for your precisions, Peter. :thumbsup:
I knew of the audio bugs in the log, believed it was a SLP problem and didn't know that the Sol Weather app was reading the log.
Disabling the main log.txt is not a good solution IMO, as I don't know if it might not bring other problems... so I prefer the second solution disabling the Sol Weather App when driving online.

That will help a bit for freezes or stuttering until the problem is fully solved.
If the log is still making problems and stutterings are still there, I'll go back to previous SLP and Sol versions ( which I still kept unactivated in JSGME mods folder ... always keeping a previous version until I'm sure the new ones don't bring problems. ).

Rather prudent as I'm mostly driving online except for training and creating a setup. ;)

A question about dynamic weather-scripts: I have created my custom dynamic weather plan and saved it to extension\weather-controllers\sol\weather_plans\d_random_10mins_jf.lua (notice jf at the end).
I set dynamic weather plan to true in SOL__WEATHER_PLAN.lua and pasted the correct filename in the dofile-entry.
Weather plan is not dynamic. In in-game Sol Weather Controller I receive error: cannot open extension\weather-controllers\sol\weather_plans\d_random_10mins_jf.lua: No such file or directory. The in-game Sol Plan Selector tells me dynamic weather is enabled and the correct d_random_10mins_jf.lua is assigned.
If I paste the content of my custom d_random_10mins_jf.lua to Demo.lua and assign it to SOL__WEATHER_PLAN.lua the dynamic weather is working. Can't I save a dynamic weatherplan to a custom filename?

A question about dynamic weather-scripts: I have created my custom dynamic weather plan and saved it to extension\weather-controllers\sol\weather_plans\d_random_10mins_jf.lua (notice jf at the end).
I set dynamic weather plan to true in SOL__WEATHER_PLAN.lua and pasted the correct filename in the dofile-entry.
Weather plan is not dynamic. In in-game Sol Weather Controller I receive error: cannot open extension\weather-controllers\sol\weather_plans\d_random_10mins_jf.lua: No such file or directory. The in-game Sol Plan Selector tells me dynamic weather is enabled and the correct d_random_10mins_jf.lua is assigned.
If I paste the content of my custom d_random_10mins_jf.lua to Demo.lua and assign it to SOL__WEATHER_PLAN.lua the dynamic weather is working. Can't I save a dynamic weatherplan to a custom filename?
Just edit your file and select it with the Sol_weather app. You must not edit the SOL__WEATHER_PLAN file.
upload_2019-5-28_6-11-6.png

Last edited:
Peter Boese updated Sol with a new update entry:

1.2 Bugfix and small adjustments

1.2.1 CHANGELOG

- now fully compatible with Shader Patch 49
### When using Shader Patch 49, custom config is not working !!!

- apps: sol_config 0.7 - new "reset to defaults", completely resting Sol's config to its defaults
- apps: sol_config 0.7 - new "track adaption exposure", a track individual parameter to reduce sun and ambient light
- apps: sol_weather 6.7 - removed a bug, which causes stutter and then crashes in online races

- core: overhauled dynamic ambient light

- custom config...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hello, first thanks for your awesome work, assetto is a total different expirience since SOL's release...i have a problem since update 1.2...the cars in my mirror looking 50% smaller as they are!? i dont know how to fix it, is there any solution?? thanks in advance, cheers

or has it anything to do with shaderpatch???

ok it has something to do with shaderspatch, with 129 the cars a to small, with 132 or 133 they are correct but every 5 seconds or so the virtual mirror is coloured?? please help me

and this happens in the 488 Gt3
20190528154908_1.jpg

Last edited:
What's the fps cost of Sol approximately?
I'd love to use it as it looks so so good. But I don't wanna lose many fps

I had similar concerns and i am NOT a techie, so i was very cautious. Bottom line - hardly any great effect on fps. The benefits far out-way any possible loss. I followed Peter Boese's instructions and to date have had no problems. Highly recommended.

Regarding fps, and to be confirmed, I have some more fps. I would say about 15 fps more. About 115 instead of 100.
Not everywhere and maybe not on all tracks, but for sure more (comparison version 129 vs 74).
On my Pc, it works about the same with or without SOL, but I could already run the game at full options etc.. before it. It may explain why running SOL is absolutely no problem

I had similar concerns and i am NOT a techie, so i was very cautious. Bottom line - hardly any great effect on fps. The benefits far out-way any possible loss. I followed Peter Boese's instructions and to date have had no problems. Highly recommended.

Regarding fps, and to be confirmed, I have some more fps. I would say about 15 fps more. About 115 instead of 100.
Not everywhere and maybe not on all tracks, but for sure more (comparison version 129 vs 74).
On my Pc, it works about the same with or without SOL, but I could already run the game at full options etc.. before it. It may explain why running SOL is absolutely no problem

Actually with all the optimizations of Shader Patch and the extra Fx deactivated, it runs better than vanilla AC - can only speak for singlescreen mode. I haven't tested with VR.

No problems at all in VR

OK, wow!
Great news!
Well, I'll be installing this. :)
Thank you, @Peter Boese

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 51 53.7%