Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Out of curiousity why did 1.2beta and RC need newer shader patch version while 1.2 should work with p49 release version? What was the reason/feature for requiring later beta shader version?

BTW: The v1.2 SOL can be compressed using 7zip to 7z archive of 106MB instead of 164MB Zip uploaded on RD. Even the quick no settings changed using 7zip to Zip archive is only 153MB. I don't know what Zip archiver do you use but I would suggest switching to 7zip and 7z.

Also it may be a good idea to include a readme/info+how-to-install+etc. and your manuals in the archive itself.

BTW: The v1.2 SOL can be compressed using 7zip to 7z archive of 106MB instead of 164MB Zip uploaded on RD. Even the quick no settings changed using 7zip to Zip archive is only 153MB. I don't know what Zip archiver do you use but I would suggest switching to 7zip and 7z.
No. Simply no. My point is an installation which could be done with a very basic windows setup. Sure I know 7zip and yes it's the best compressor out there, but it has to be installed to install Sol then. And believe my please if I say it's an additional effort in terms of giving support. For now the safest way to install is a manual install. Maybe with the next version it is integrated in Shader patch and we have an update functionality like with Shader patch itself. I have to think of people which already struggle with the folder structure of Assetto Corsa. Sure the install over CM is some pretty easy way to install this 7z but it brings some bugs which cost me a decent amount of time to communicate. So zip is integrated in every windows version starting from XP (or 7). And 100 or 150 MB isn't a big difference for downloading this once, in the age of standard HD online videostreaming.

For that reason self extracting archives exist since forever for those that worry about decompression on vanilla systems. Plus one doesn't need 7zip to extract 7z archives either, any decent file manager can extract all common archive formats, so can most archivers extract other formats (WinRAR extract 7z).

It's a suggestion, there is no need to keep using old inefficient archiver and format.

7zip format is not the best but the most common with a decent speed/size.

---
p128+1.2: Opponent cars don't cast headlights into track walls, at least not much or as much as player's car. Didn't check tail lights (only work sometimes anyway, brake lights only, etc.).

1st image player headlights off yet opponent cars do not light up the wall in front. 2nd image player headlights on and they light up the wall in front fine. Only/mostly ground is getting lit up by opponent cars, headlights range doesn't seem to affect opponent cars (same vehicle).

Didn't this used to work OK before? Although I can't get it to work anymore on p49+1.1b6. Configs are all defaulted on install except what shader patch keeps after it's removal and decides to reload some values, SOL ini loading disabled.

Is it some config issue in Shader patch? In SOL? Or a missing feature?
Deleting and disabling VAO doesn't seem to make a difference.

Is there a hidden setting in shader patch to get opponent car headlights to cast light on walls in front and not only/mostly track surface?

Hidden shader setting in lighting_fx.ini is the only having any impact by making low beams brighter (at least opponent car low beams, hard to notice on player's car that overshines those with high beams anyway, I think it's for all low beams on all cars):

HEADLIGHTS_NEARBY_MULT

These seem to have no effect:
LIGHT_FROM_BEHIND_MULT
HEADLIGHTS_RANGE_MULT
HEADLIGHTS_DISTANT_RANGE_MULT
RANGE_FIRSTPERSON
RANGE_CARS_NEARBY
RANGE_CARS_DISTANT

Of course the blow out on interior is still unreal and even setting interior light_from_behind to 0 does nothing.

Last edited:
I tested a similar thing this evening. This is a Custom Shaders-problem and possibly does not belong in this topic since this is a Sol-topic (although I haven't found a support-channel for CS). I was missing headlights in mirrors in all versions after preview74 (and chrome-reflections on dash of Mazda MX-5 ND). For now I'm sticking to preview74...

I tested a similar thing this evening. This is a Custom Shaders-problem and possibly does not belong in this topic since this is a Sol-topic (although I haven't found a support-channel for CS). I was missing headlights in mirrors in all versions after preview74 (and chrome-reflections on dash of Mazda MX-5 ND). For now I'm sticking to preview74...
upload_2019-5-22_22-33-49.png

For the chrome, try this:
upload_2019-5-22_22-35-29.png

• Deleted member 197115

For disappearing mirror headlights, if you have not disabled it as Peter pointed out, try to disable this performance option.

Disabling the performance-option did bring an improvement in headlightglare nearby but headlights in mirror further away are still invisible. 'Disable lights in mirror' was/is disabled. See images below.

noheadlightsinmirror1.jpg
noheadlightsinmirror2.jpg

For those who have the overexposure bug where the cars lighting (ext and int) is messed up. Try disabling Sol and the Shaders Light Patch in CM. Then re-enable Sol first, then the Shaders Light Path and re-install version 128. That worked for me.

Thanks so much for this, I updated and was pulling my hair out wondering why all the cars looked almost inverted...some cars were even glowing under certain circumstances, like running the Formula Hybrid 2019 through the Monaco tunnel for example.

Hi guys, probably a question which was already posted many many times, but anyway.... what is the difference in between this release 1.2 and the one (1.2 RC2) we can find on the discord channel ?

Hi
I had to roll back the shader patch to version 0.1.25 preview74 because the suggested version was causing severe stutters. It took me a while to find out why but my system disc was reading data and causing the stutters. After roll back everything is working fine but I don't know if this will create any problems with Sol 1.2. If it does, can Sol be rolled back to 1.1?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 58 56.3%