Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just noticed this strange effect on a car and it's only happened with Sol 1.2 and not with 1.2RC1:

Z5C3do4.jpg

When you drive it's like the car has disco lights on it. Any idea what the cause is? It isn't the ppfilter as I changed that and the effect was still there. I'll go back to 1.2 RC1 in the meantime.

I created a restore point before hand so no problem but I read your reply above my post from another member and tried the 128v and it didn't help so I'm going to revert back for now. Thanks though for all that your have done with this excellent software!
Fortunately this works for me.

I created a restore point before hand so no problem but I read your reply above my post from another member and tried the 128v and it didn't help so I'm going to revert back for now. Thanks though for all that your have done with this excellent software!

UPDATE: I used my restore point and reinstalled using Shader's Patch 1.25 128 and it worked by starting fresh. Thanks.

The new motion blur, windy trees, car light bounce and new sparks! Visually looks incredible! Thanks again!
these would be custom shader patch, not SOL , right ?

yeah, AC can look really amazing with all these updates, it would be almost "logical" to repackage it and sell it as a new game, haha! :)
I'm really amazed how much were people able to add to AC, I hope that this will help to keep it alive for many more years to come

these would be custom shader patch, not SOL , right ?

yeah, AC can look really amazing with all these updates, it would be almost "logical" to repackage it and sell it as a new game, haha! :)
I'm really amazed how much were people able to add to AC, I hope that this will help to keep it alive for many more years to come
Yes all shader patch. For me the moving trees is the biggest immersion boost. Its crazy how it changed the feeling, to be in an actual living environment. Biggest step with Sol are the fluid transitions between weather. I overhauld the "unpredictable" plan, it creates a high immersion with all the subtle smooth changes over time...

@Peter Boese I can't believe what you've done to me and my AC. I now have to go and see a surgeon to get this permanent smile removed. I'm driving at Silverstone on 3rd June on one of their open track days before the circuit gets re-surfaced. I've always done it before in my Celica GT4 but this year I'm doing it in my recent purchase of a track only mini cooper R56 JCW so really looking forward to it. The point is, your weather mod has allowed me to experience all weather variables in advance, it's that good. I'd say it's on par with Microsoft flight simulator actually contributing to real flight air miles. You should be really proud. You have given more to this community than any other modder since AC launch.

Last edited:
I've also had the "frosted track" reported a few posts ago show up - at "Le Grande Circuit" on the Mulsanne strait. No where else on the track, just there. I've also had the "current weather" setting stop working a few times - but a simple restart of CM seemed to fix that issue. All in all the latest updates problems are outweighed by the benefits. Fantastic work as always.

I've also had the "frosted track" reported a few posts ago show up - at "Le Grande Circuit" on the Mulsanne strait. No where else on the track, just there. I've also had the "current weather" setting stop working a few times - but a simple restart of CM seemed to fix that issue. All in all the latest updates problems are outweighed by the benefits. Fantastic work as always.
its a feature. its a fata morgana. It appearse with high road temps and low wind.

its a feature. its a fata morgana. It appearse with high road temps and low wind.
I was wondering about that... :)

But I just had it show up at dusk, in the rain, with temps around 17C, not what I'd call high! Wind was low, only 5kph. Neat thing, during the earlier part of the day when it was overcast, it appeared white. During the dusk session, with the sky turning orange in the west, the "frost" appeared orange. Fata Morgana... lovely... I knew a woman named Morgana years ago, but that's another story! Cheers Sir!

Is anyone experiencing an increase of stuttering online after lastest shader's and SOL updates? No issues performance wise (with a humble 1050ti) but the stuttering is drowning the inmersion. (mostly on srs, dunno why)

Is anyone experiencing an increase of stuttering online after lastest shader's and SOL updates? No issues performance wise (with a humble 1050ti) but the stuttering is drowning the inmersion. (mostly on srs, dunno why)

I had a couple studders on SRS today as well. Never had them before this update. It was nothing major, just a split second thing, but I'm hoping it gets panned out during the next release. Don't know if it's Sol or Shaders related, or a combination of the two.

I have continuous stuttering and the game is unplayable. I reverted back to the older patch.
This is just the weather integration of Shader patch. But anyway, maybe it's now the link to Shader Patch and everything is happening in Shader patch is now also the problem of Sol. I can live with that. But maybe it's also better trying to find out the problem than to just say it's bad, I revert back. Maybe it's some setting which causes this. AC is so complex now, you can't test everything. So we need the help of the people to find out proplems. But anyway, thanks for rating!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 109 90.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 46 38.0%