RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a day!
I haven't needed to clear snow since 1979, and I'm knackered after clearing snow with a small kitchen broom. Wow the back spasms :(
I should go buy a shovel, but Im hurting too much to move..... :O_o: DOH!
At least I don't have to put up with the Honolulu sun, wind, humidity and surfing anymore! :whistling:

Unable to attend due to injury.

****Edit
Note to self: Making snow angels in sweat pants and shorts is the worst idea EVER! :D
I guess it's finally time to retire the shorts and buy proper winter clothes.

Last edited:
Apologies for the late post guys, I usually like to watch the replay first but have been to busy the last few days
The racing and competition was top notch like always guys and my congrats to the podium victors..well done...very fast pace!
I managed to botch my pit stop again and it cost me 20 seconds in the box but don't think it would have changed my finishing position
I have the hardest time seeing that yellow highlight to confirm and dislike the pit menu procedures with a passion
Real thankful to have such a great group of drivers to compete with every Sunday..racedepartment has been everything I've hoped it to be and more:)
Thanks for hosting guys and see u all at bathurst for what's going to be an epic event
Cheers! :)

Okay, first off: WOW! That was a great race, it's easy in my top 3 here at RD! Second, sorry to @jimortality for bumping you at the third corner, ending in us both spinning :/

And third, the race from my perspective. I started at pos 2, and the start was the worst I've ever done, losing at minimum 6-7 places, but didn't fall to far away. Then the it was time to torture my I6T, which worked well. Low gears, easy on the throttle and away you go. Still think the Inline-6T must be faster than the rest of the cars, because I ain't this fast normally.

Anyways, climbing through the positions and having a great time, had a weird moment when @Beikirch appeared on the straight from nowhere 2 dm from my car! No contact at least, and the race continued. Then I bumped Jim, which as I said spun us both, waited for him and though "well, it was fun while it lasted". But we didn't drop to far behind, and after passing Jim in a more legal way I started chasing.

Then I don't know what happend, but I pited and all of a sudden @Lars Hansen was behind me in the pits. No idea how I ended up infront of him, but it didn't last long. I made a very wide turn coming out of the last corner and got a 2.3 sec penalty. Lars oblivious passed me easily, and I stared chasing him instead.

Then Lars spun on the crest, and I was infront of him again, and with open road. Just then I realized I was 4th and not to far behind @Beikirch! Started hunting him like a madman, hopping for my first ever podium finish here at RD. And I pushed so hard, and therefore made mistakes, but I was at last right behind him. Thought "lets take it easy, we got lots of time, and I'm faster than him right now". But I forgot that thought quickly and pass him after the "valley" (first slow corner after the crest) and well, bumped him, spun myself and Ralf got away.

After that I tired to push but it just ended up in mistakes and finished 4th, 10 sec behind Ralf. I had a action-filled, fun and great race, both in performance and enjoyment. Thanks all, and see you next time!

Also, side not, but I got a bug where everybodys ping and p2p was 0 during quali and first half of the race. And since I know that my internet ins't the best I usually wanna know my ping so I don't make any risky maneuvers that would cause crash due to netcode.

Hello or salut,
I am FO Jemp or aldafix972. I am a french and i live in a small Cabibean island, French West Indies. I have 64 years old. When i don't practice the simulation, i pratice the kitesurf and the paraglinding in Martinique. Is the name of the island. My english is not very good. But i understand. Ihaved practice on GTR2 and Assetto Corsa before. Now, i play on Raceroom with you. I am not very fast, but i nice to race with this league.
At the next race.
JF

That was.....interesting. :D
Started off great by knocking half a second off my PB in qualy.
Then it sorta went downhill from there. :p

No idea who was in third, but man he was fast off the line.
Wiggled the rear in the first hairpin, and found myself in third.
Took a couple of laps, but managed to get back into first....That is until I spun it completely in the same hairpin.
Then followed the pit-stop surprise. Not only did I take the wrong entry, I could've sworn I got a drive-through due to speeding. So next lap I went in again, only to find a very puzzled official wondering why I was doing a drive-through..... :laugh:
Anyway, then I had an interesting couple of laps where I could see @Filip Carlén a second ahead of me on the timer and the map, but no sign of him on the track...Which is a little scary. :confused:

Not that it mattered. By now I was so far down the ranks and pushing so hard that I spun again.
(Same corner btw.....)
And apparently my car enjoyed the experience so much that it insisted on spinning twice more.
At which point I decided to call it a day before I hit anybody. :whistling:
(Besides, all that spinning was making me dizzy.)

Love both the cars and the track, but sometimes it just isn't meant to succeed.
Great fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back