RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
"NOT UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS"

I am stunned that i won, more stunned that usually i crack and i can't keep focus for long races so i am very very very happy, very well put by " **** YEAH" at the end of the race :))

Practice:
Was a hard one, Oli and Shawn i think both dipped into 11's and i was only on mid 12's, i knew i had a low 11 in hand somewhere but i couldn't get it, was a bit tense as this cars are well above my talent level and need a fair bit of practice. Close to the end managed a low 12 and was happy with that, took some brake's during practice to calm my self down and was preparing for Qualy.
Some things i noticed about the RUF, one is that with my setup and probably the car i had very very good traction from low speeds, second is that i had a much more smooth and fast transition that helped me in fast chicane, third is that if you shift as you get to red line(not over) in 5-8 laps you will have problems with the engine.

Qualification:
Man o man was it hard, was into the 13's at first and couldn't get a free space on track and was getting a bit crazy in the head, was sliding making mistakes all that could go wrong did...went to pits and with 5 to go exit for one more go, managed a time for 3ed place and i would take that with both hands happily.

Race:
Oli and Shawn in front of me, in my head was already aiming for a top5 at best since i was expecting a laps of concentration and a big crash .....
I presume Oli was on full gas and then some as he's car went sideways (no drift points Oli) so i got to jump him and was right on Shawn tail, from that moment i knew that i had to pass Shawn in first two laps so i can try to brake free while he's fighting with Oli.
At the end of lap 1 the difference in technique or cars in last sector was big, closed right up and made a pass on last turn(kinda) and had plenty of braking power left, had a good exit and made a small gap of 0.3 at the line but on the next lap on one of the crest lost the rear and had Shawn on my side again, manage to fend him off and from there power to the medal.
With the very good low speed traction i could make a decent gap in the slow corners and then in S3 i was extending that a bit more, pushed for a few laps over red line made some good laps and then tried to calm down, shifting early so i can protect the engine. For others driving at the limit keeps them focus, not for me, i need to drive 95% to be focused and have a bit of a fail safe net, as soon as i saw Shawn or Oli getting closer than 0.8 i was picking the pace up (as much as i could) and was good to go til the end.
Towards the middle of the race i came on mr. Lorenzo, was scared as hell on the start/finish straight while i was saying "please....please....please" on TS, don't think not mentioning a name helped :)), was a bit off after that and he was trying hard to unlap himself but Oli was close by and didn't want the hassle, made a few quick corners and got a better way true some back markers and i was safe, that put me off quite a bit and best thing to do was to pit immediately, witch i did. Practice one or two pit entry and had the preset set so pitstop was good but my outlap was horrendous was expecting to lose the lead(when i entered pits Oli was 1.2 sec behind)but the good thing is that those 10-15sec in pits calmed me down and from 3ed or 4th lap out of the pits was well into 11's so was prepared for a fight, not noticing when i passed them(Shawn and Oli) i saw my self with a 10+ sec lead (yey) but Oli got the fastest lap 11.788 , i was getting cheeky and wanted that too, pushing to hard i had a half spin loosing some 6 seconds.....really **** my self there.
Shawn was 4 sec behind and i started pushing again, got the fastest lap and now i was maintaining the gap (sounds so PRO :)))) ) was relaxed till the end and brought her home safe and sound.

Mr.C newb tip: to win the lotto you have to play the lotto, to be fast you have to practice! ( to enjoy the game you just have to focus) as time for most of us is not on our side.

I am stunned that i won, more stunned that usually i crack and i can't keep focus for long races so i am very very very happy, very well put by " **** YEAH" at the end of the race :))

Practice:
Was a hard one, Oli and Shawn i think both dipped into 11's and i was only on mid 12's, i knew i had a low 11 in hand somewhere but i couldn't get it, was a bit tense as this cars are well above my talent level and need a fair bit of practice. Close to the end managed a low 12 and was happy with that, took some brake's during practice to calm my self down and was preparing for Qualy.
Some things i noticed about the RUF, one is that with my setup and probably the car i had very very good traction from low speeds, second is that i had a much more smooth and fast transition that helped me in fast chicane, third is that if you shift as you get to red line(not over) in 5-8 laps you will have problems with the engine.

Qualification:
Man o man was it hard, was into the 13's at first and couldn't get a free space on track and was getting a bit crazy in the head, was sliding making mistakes all that could go wrong did...went to pits and with 5 to go exit for one more go, managed a time for 3ed place and i would take that with both hands happily.

Race:
Oli and Shawn in front of me, in my head was already aiming for a top5 at best since i was expecting a laps of concentration and a big crash .....
I presume Oli was on full gas and then some as he's car went sideways (no drift points Oli) so i got to jump him and was right on Shawn tail, from that moment i knew that i had to pass Shawn in first two laps so i can try to brake free while he's fighting with Oli.
At the end of lap 1 the difference in technique or cars in last sector was big, closed right up and made a pass on last turn(kinda) and had plenty of braking power left, had a good exit and made a small gap of 0.3 at the line but on the next lap on one of the crest lost the rear and had Shawn on my side again, manage to fend him off and from there power to the medal.
With the very good low speed traction i could make a decent gap in the slow corners and then in S3 i was extending that a bit more, pushed for a few laps over red line made some good laps and then tried to calm down, shifting early so i can protect the engine. For others driving at the limit keeps them focus, not for me, i need to drive 95% to be focused and have a bit of a fail safe net, as soon as i saw Shawn or Oli getting closer than 0.8 i was picking the pace up (as much as i could) and was good to go til the end.
Towards the middle of the race i came on mr. Lorenzo, was scared as hell on the start/finish straight while i was saying "please....please....please" on TS, don't think not mentioning a name helped :)), was a bit off after that and he was trying hard to unlap himself but Oli was close by and didn't want the hassle, made a few quick corners and got a better way true some back markers and i was safe, that put me off quite a bit and best thing to do was to pit immediately, witch i did. Practice one or two pit entry and had the preset set so pitstop was good but my outlap was horrendous was expecting to lose the lead(when i entered pits Oli was 1.2 sec behind)but the good thing is that those 10-15sec in pits calmed me down and from 3ed or 4th lap out of the pits was well into 11's so was prepared for a fight, not noticing when i passed them(Shawn and Oli) i saw my self with a 10+ sec lead (yey) but Oli got the fastest lap 11.788 , i was getting cheeky and wanted that too, pushing to hard i had a half spin loosing some 6 seconds.....really **** my self there.
Shawn was 4 sec behind and i started pushing again, got the fastest lap and now i was maintaining the gap (sounds so PRO :)))) ) was relaxed till the end and brought her home safe and sound.

Mr.C newb tip: to win the lotto you have to play the lotto, to be fast you have to practice! ( to enjoy the game you just have to focus) as time for most of us is not on our side.
What are you using to record?

Practice:

Qualification:

Race:

Great summary, I, like you, had it in my mind a top 5 or so would be great, so I was a little surprised to be in the lead at the start. My nerves really got the better of me and I doubted my ability to be up front, so as soon as you moved to the inside I decided to just hang wide and let you through as the thought of getting chased lap after lap didn't fill me with confidence that I would be able to keep it on track.

This race as a whole was a great learning experience and I now know I can hang at the front, so hopefully next time I won't make it as easy lol

Would have liked to chase you down when I saw the lead drop to 4 seconds but my focus was really on keeping Oli behind, damn he is fast!

Hope i don't compete in this one, lost 2h and didn't even improve, tried Merc,Ruf, Alpina and Mclaren....all are crazy stupid...Ruf is good on twisty parts but Mclaren and Alpina **** me are insanely fast out of the corners, well over 380km/h while Ruf is at 276km/h at it's best......can't drive them, i don't give up,just saying may God have mercy on your sinfull souls

Racing etiquette question, what are the thoughts on letting lap cars know they are being lapped Via team speak? Not sure I'll ever be in that scenario again (today may have been a fluke).

My personal opinion is if I'm getting lapped I definitely don't want to interfere with any lead battles, so a quick "Shawn Jacobs get out of the way I'm about to lap you" is fine by me :)
As someone who is most often the lapee :redface: and not the lapper, it is a problem. The mirrors aren't very clear at showing the name of who is coming up behind you till the last minute and I have in the past let people through who were behind me in the race. Thankfully most people are now using TS so at least the problem is lessened. I heard a few people calling blue flag when approaching backmarkers and that I would say is the way to go until the flags are finally implemented, which hopefully will be soon.
I think it's fair to say that most of us slower drivers are very aware of not interfering with race leaders and make every effort not to do so and the faster drivers show respect to the slower ones. It's one of the reasons that make this club and the people who race in it so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes