RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...what a race :)
Practice :
Had some time yesterday when i arrived but nothing was working, tried TT's, GT3 and WTCC for all of the events today but nothing was clicking so around midnight i call it in, probably cause i was coming straight from work.
Today since the morning wow, refresh and everything...felt so nice, liked the track and specially the car and everything clicked with default setup, tried the Monza Junior on the Audi but i had more understeer so sticked with default, preaload 1 and brake bias.
Qualy :
Was improving steadily and had a 48.2 with sector times for a 48.0 that's 0.1 from my PB so was happy with that, mr. Bakas(i think) came close
Race :
I was so sleeping, dreaming of something probably....and Bakas took the lead, first lap i got scared as he put all most 1sec on me and i couldn't focus but after that i reeled him in slowly and steady, when i was behind him i could see that i have a better race pace but didn't find a clean pass on him,so i tried to wait.
A bit later he made a mistake at T1 going a bit wide, was going for inside on the exit but we collided , immediately smack on the brakes to wait for him but he only did a half-spin, this allowed Dave in 2nd place and me 3ed.
Again i was a bit off but i let them fight, they where using P2P each lap and i was using none managing only to draft them, since i didn't want to get into the fight my strategy was wait for a big mistake from both or let them finish P2P and blast at the end. Didn't wait long and they both went wide at T1 i got the inside and never looked back, once i had the lead i starting putting down some consistent laps and slowly build a gap and was enough this time for the win.
Towards the end had a problem with tire, both my front tires where bellow 93% and was struggling to make decent laps, went wide at last turn several times and once at T1 gap was decreasing so i started braking way earlier and took it way more easy and manage to finish ok.

Mr.C newb tip : on FWD cars never ever take the foot from acceleration pedal, not even when you are braking, keep it pressed 5-10% ,this will keep the front wheels from locking and having always acceleration pressed will improve laptimes

couple of questions ..; pitstop rtules what has rto happen ?

and is the yellow line on right hand side after last hairpin (coming onto pit straight) a boundry ?
2016-01-10 1819 0001.jpg

Well, right when it was supposed to put me on the grid for the start everything locked up, had to do a hard reset which meant I was out of the race. :cautious: Oh well, I have football to watch, have fun guys.

another disasterous DNF.......
Sorry Lorenzo for the tap and spin I had no where to go trying to let you get back on track, and apologies to who ever slammed into the back of me.

Well, that was a complete disaster.
I have apparently forgotten how to drive Sonoma. Couldn't find grip if I stepped out and nailed the car to the tarmac.
I know I'm not going to mix it up with the top dogs, but four seconds off the pace...?
Oy vey..... :O_o:
And just to make it a perfect evening, I got a small tap on Lap 1. Nothing major, but enough to send me into another car that tapped me into the wall, and killed my engine.....*sigh*
Not anybodys fault, just one of those things.
And now if you'll excuse me, I'll go vent my frustrations by kicking the cat.....repeatedly. :D

Thx for tonight race.Oh by the way request.Use your mirrors.I have two maybe three incident with someone who leave the track and he come back on track like a kamikaze.Any way thx again for this event full grid etc.

I suspect that was myself but unfortunately lack of experience played a part although I have taken your point on board and apologies unreservedly as this was not done on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes