RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross you mention joining you on Discord, is this before the race, during practice? I'm a bit of a simpleton when it comes to apps and chat, could I use the microphone in the G2 or am I better with a gaming headset?

I think you race in vr as well so do you use the hmd for Discord chats and then jump into practice/race or have a chat in Discord then switch to RRE and your HMD and then race?

Last edited:
Ross you mention joining you on Discord, is this before the race, during practice? I'm a bit of a simpleton when it comes to apps and chat, could I use the microphone in the G2 or am I better with a gaming headset?
You can join the discord channel anytime (haven't done it yet myself :laugh: but intend to for this series onwards).

I would think the G2 mic would be perfectly adequate, I used to use the rift one from time to time and it was perfectly fine. Becomes a bit cumbersome in VR with a headset too.

Ross you mention joining you on Discord, is this before the race, during practice?
I mean during the whole event. :) Most of us jump onto the voice chat as soon as we connect to the server, and stay there until the end of the event. Practice is good for chatting, having a laugh, asking questions, passing on tips, etc. The unwritten rule is not to talk during Qualy, as people are concentrating. Then during the races the chat can be handy to let people know where you are, which side to pass if being lapped, apologies for bumps and scrapes, and a bit of banter. ;)

As Gordie says, the mic on the HMD should be fine, the one on my Rift S works perfectly.

I'd definitely encourage everyone who can to join in, as I think the social side adds a lot more to the experience than just racing alone. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hey Ross,
Bin-dabei-logo-10.png

#22 please

I mean during the whole event. :) Most of us jump onto the voice chat as soon as we connect to the server, and stay there until the end of the event. Practice is good for chatting, having a laugh, asking questions, passing on tips, etc. The unwritten rule is not to talk during Qualy, as people are concentrating. Then during the races the chat can be handy to let people know where you are, which side to pass if being lapped, apologies for bumps and scrapes, and a bit of banter. ;)

As Gordie says, the mic on the HMD should be fine, the one on my Rift S works perfectly.

I'd definitely encourage everyone who can to join in, as I think the social side adds a lot more to the experience than just racing alone. :thumbsup:

So I need to start Discord and then navigate to RD and Raceroom, I assume there's a voice chat option at that point?

When I'm on the server the 'factory default - ON' option is enabled and cant be disabled. There no point tinkering with the setup before I have confirmation about this :)

Last edited:
Last question, I promise, do I need an invite from you to join the Raceroom discord chat?
Nope. As long as your Discord account is linked to your RD forum account, you should be able to just click on the channel and join it whenever you like. (Only premium members can access voice chat.)

And please, ask as many questions as you like! I'm here to help. :)

#46 please. Is there a way to turn the ABS off or is that a constant-on thing?
The server is set to force factory assists (ie, Get Real mode), so it'll be on as the real cars have it.

It was no wonder I couldn't remember using this track in the club before in our post-race chat. It was apparently nearly two and a half years ago. Didn't realise the track had even been out that long... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 63 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 55.6%