RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
In practice I was nowhere, learning the game, car and track at the same time. The car came to me fairly early, but the track was keeping me....honest. Lets just say that this car and this track with all the hairpins is a right b*tch.

Qually went way above expectations and to my shock I was starting 3rd! :O_o:

Race: I forgot to educate myself into what starting procedure was used, to my horror it was a standing start which I utterly hate in these cars. Wheelspin galore but only lost a spot or so. Then there was mayhem in T1 (overzealous driving I think) and got pushed into the sand. Lost about 10 secs and got going again, settled down, trying to catch the leaders. Quickly realized 1st and 2nd were too fast, but Ross just ahead was about the same pace as me. Noticing he ran on red walls, me on primes, I could keep up (ish) which made me confident for the 2nd stint where I planned a switch to reds. Overshot my pitstall and lost about 4 secs backing up and meant I was trailing by 8 secs when exiting pits. Car felt great on reds and I started to reel in Ross and he was reeling in the leaders. At one point it was shaping up to be a 4 horse race for the win until I lost it trying to get past a backmarker. A shame no room was given, but I could also have been more patient. Thankfully there was no contact. Later Ross dropped behind (pits?) and from there it was normal cruise to the finish.
I thouroughly enjoyed this lads, awesome feeling to be back racing again and with the prospect of a triple screen setup looming in the future, Im' very happy everything went great, especially the connection :)

Last edited:
Well, that was fun. Great experience to be so close to @PurgerUK , surprised myself with Q time. Then in race I tried to keep up in first stint but started making mistakes so I slowed down and found my rhythm. Soft tyres @Goffik , you were doing great behind and when you pitted I was only checking distance to you. Decided to go as long as possible and take softs to try to attack you with fresher tyres. And when CrewChief told me on my pitlap: "You will come out in third behind Ross", I was ready for fight.
Then I went out and saw yellow car behind. To be honest I was absolutely confused as I never saw that car before, at least not in my mirror.:roflmao: Almost crashed when I realized it was Steve. :confused: And after few laps missed a gear in turn 1, went wide and he was through. I could follow after that since I had softer tyres, but made 2 small mistakes and gap went at 2sec where it stayed until the end. Super happy with my pace tonight.

Congrats @Jan Larsen on podium, Steve on the win and everyone else on driving with smile on your face I guess. :thumbsup:

Out of interest; was anyone using anything significantly different from the default setup? I noticed Ross in particular getting great exits, but that could just be throttle control. Mine was certainly worse.

Later Ross dropped behind (pits?)
Yeah. I've always gone with the primes in this series, but found the car just too damn slippery on this track. Decided to go with the alts throughout but had no time to test for wear, so assumed two pit stops. It seems I probably could have gotten away with one and maybe finished higher. I had to quickly drop the amount of fuel to be transferred as I came into my second pit stop, as I'd totally over-calculated by at least 20 litres!

Out of interest; was anyone using anything significantly different from the default setup? I noticed Ross in particular getting great exits, but that could just be throttle control.
I lowered the brake pressure to 90% but the rest was default. Throttle control is massive in these cars out of slow corners... the difference between spinning or being beaten out of the corner by a slug is tiny! :p

The results:

Results03.png

R4.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts.racedepartment.com

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - FR US Series
Cars: FR US Cup
Track: Road America - Grand Prix

Saturday 19/09/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:15 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:35 UTC (40 minutes)

FR US Cup: 30 slots
  1. Jan Larsen - #10
  2. Sasha Jednak - #21
  3. Steve Le Gallez - #18
  4. Port1s - #19
  5. brc19 - #17
  6. cagivariver - #7
  7. PurgerUK - #8
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot

UTP#10

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment FR US Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up! Details of the calendar are as follows:

29/08/20 - Round 1: Mid Ohio - Grand Prix
05/09/20 - Round 2: Laguna Seca - Grand Prix
12/09/20 - Round 3: Sonoma - IRL
19/09/20 - Round 4: Road America - Grand Prix​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) Our regular club rules are still in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
2) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish the race. It's just good sportsmanship and shows respect to your fellow drivers.​
3) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. It's up to you if you race in each round or not.​
4) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.​
5) Every driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your chosen car number when you sign up.​

Standings

Standings03.png

Previous Results

Results03.png

Did usual 20min test race with AI, alternate tyres, full 70lit fuel. Maybe I was to nice on tyres but fronts were at 60% at the end. Fuel was close, finished with 2lit left, but all AI have stopped at 10min mark. Maybe they were using more fuel don't know, but if someone uses more fuel it could need 2 stops even on Saturday. Hope this helps someone. :thumbsup:

It was up, I got "no response" first time but in retry it connected without issues. Sorry you missed the race.

Congrats @PurgerUK on championship and @Port1s on podium. For me another fantastic fight with @Steve Le Gallez , switching place for 10min. To bad for fuel stop in the end for you.
Big thanks to @Goffik for organizing this, hope we can continue and bring back people... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back