RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the P2s, not sure which yet

EDIT: wow just as i post that, I get informed of my involvement on a deployment tonight. I guess consider me a wildcard that may show up :(

• Love
Reactions: DND
@David DeGreef I apologize... But I think I need to sign out.... I can't get this damn wheel to stop oscillating left/right!!! Tried lowering ffb in the controller settings (lowered ffb intensity and steering intensity all the way down to 55 each but to no avail), deleted my controller and player profile, adding more damping, lowered car ffb multiplier.... Nothing is working.

I installed the game today after upgrading my pc couple weeks ago. Woke up early from night shift last night to get the game installed and running before the race tonight. Been at this for couple of hours now.
AMS2, AC and RF2 ffb works perfect plug n play out the box... But for some reason R3E is doing that oscillating thing it had when it was first released.

R3E worked perfectly fine before upgrading the pc. Now haven't a clue what to do from here. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Can't find much info online with my wheel and R3E. I really do want to race tonight

I'm using a TX

@David DeGreef I apologize... But I think I need to sign out.... I can't get this damn wheel to stop oscillating left/right!!! Tried lowering ffb in the controller settings (lowered ffb intensity and steering intensity all the way down to 55 each but to no avail), deleted my controller and player profile, adding more damping, lowered car ffb multiplier.... Nothing is working.

I installed the game today after upgrading my pc couple weeks ago. Woke up early from night shift last night to get the game installed and running before the race tonight. Been at this for couple of hours now.
AMS2, AC and RF2 ffb works perfect plug n play out the box... But for some reason R3E is doing that oscillating thing it had when it was first released.

R3E worked perfectly fine before upgrading the pc. Now haven't a clue what to do from here. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Can't find much info online with my wheel and R3E. I really do want to race tonight

I'm using a TX
Make sure in your wheel settings control panel that centering and damping is at 0. Same with speed sensitivity if there is a slider for that. Re load a new controller profile in raceroom also

Make sure in your wheel settings control panel that centering and damping is at 0. Same with speed sensitivity if there is a slider for that. Re load a new controller profile in raceroom also

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've tried that as well as damping and spring at 100 too. I've tried adding smoothing too. I've tried deleting my plr and control settings profiles.

There's something wrong here because it drives great until the oscillation happens on the 2nd lap (or in a coupe minutes after exiting pits. The wheel sometimes also locks all the way right.

Think I've got it working. Ffb intensity down to 60 and ffb multiplier at x1. For some reason R3E is over working my TX wheel at recommended settings. But I'll give it a try tonight and hope all goes well

We just need a lot more participants to make it interesting. Discord clubs and leagues are packed with players. Currently RD discord looks to be pretty much just ACC guys. I think for whatever reason, most race department people race single player in RaceRoom.

We just need a lot more participants to make it interesting. Discord clubs and leagues are packed with players. Currently RD discord looks to be pretty much just ACC guys. I think for whatever reason, most race department people race single player in RaceRoom.

I've read that RaceRoom's AI is better than most sims. Maybe that's it?
I try to do a sim race before the Tuesday race to check fuel calc and tire wear.
My Daytona sim race was the largest field I've run, one each of all the GT3 cars.

After only racing with real people, racing ai, no matter how good, just feels bizzare to me. I know I’m the minority in the RaceRoom community on the subject.

In, P1. I got to test the Mistral. If I remember correctly, there is something that makes the Mistral not as competitive as the Audi and the DMD.

I take back that sentiment that the Mistral cannot keep pace. It's just fine. In fact I will be running the #3 Mistral Koni P1.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DND
Hopefully it will pick up again soon but I for one really enjoy racing in R3E. I also enjoy racing against people more than AI because it is more unpredictable and the social aspect is certainly as enjoyable as the racing. Thanks for playing well with others last night @sc4dr !! :thumbsup: Hanging out with us slowpokes made for a much better time for all.
As for ACC, it is fun to race in and competitive but mostly because it has only 2 classes of cars that are pretty easy to drive (not "drive FAST" of course) it lends itself to casual racers. Many of those I've raced with in ACC are very new to sim racing and just learning. It can be very complicated and realistic which means that setup and consistency are even more important than in other sims.

One of the things I most like in R3E is that there is great variety and it is pretty easy to access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes