RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Calvyn White - is that setup for the 2005 version? And does anyone know if there is a difference in speed or handling between the three versions? I had to buy only one so went with the latest version but maybe the others are more fun.

@everyone Guess I should join the Race 2 Turn 1 apology train!! I definitely was over optimistic on my braking point and went right through the turn so I apologize to anyone I smacked:(
Ended up facing the wall and took a bit to get out but at least we had the whole race to get it back together. Greg was gone so no chance to catch him!! Good run @David DeGreef , you seemed to have the car dialed in pretty nice with the back end a bit loose but good for the hairpins.
@Scott_H That chicane was a bit tricky for everyone and setup helped a bit but it was more about just getting the line right. I could gain or loose about .3 sec just by a little different braking point or line. It seemed the key was turning in late, staying tight to the right side and then a late apex on the second part which gave you much better speed up the long back straight. Very difficult to get it consistently right, especially while racing with other cars around.

@Calvyn White - is that setup for the 2005 version? And does anyone know if there is a difference in speed or handling between the three versions? I had to buy only one so went with the latest version but maybe the others are more fun.
Yes, m8 it certainly is the 2005 version. Sorry about the lack of identification I assumed it was in the setup attachment.

And yeah you don't want to be suckered in to go too fast for the first chicane and if you do it is hard to put right you could easily find yourself in the gravel. The second chicane is a whole load of fun changing down the gears with heavy braking pretty much from the first kerb touch on the right to the exit apex. Excellent fun grit your teeth and go for it. You can easily get both of these wrong but if you get them right you can certainly make time.

Tips.
Only take the front toe as high to where it stops being useful and even then back it off a little. What I mean is there's no point having a front toe on -55 when it stopped doing any good at -35. You're just scrubbing away rubber without any real benefit and it will also create more heat. If tire wear is a factor.

Make sure your bump and rebound are good especially when testing on those overtaking points. Having a good bump and rebound into a corner will aid you with your breaking especially when you're offline going into the corner on the inside. The track surface may be a bit bumpier it maybe even smoother which of course is more preferable. A good bump and rebound will help prevent tyres from locking up as the suspension is more in tune with the bumps.

These are just a few things that I consider when I make a setup. Some people think it's an incorrect way of doing things, which is fair enough of course but it does seem to work out for this old man.:p

Handling wise I would say they're probably roughly the same as well as the speed. But for me at the moment I prefer the 95. It just feels a little bit more connected.

Just had a quick go in the 1995 car. Loving the sound of this car. Like you @Keith_G I've never driven any of these cars and I must concur. Love it. Great choice Mr David :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2020-03-11_06-28-06_amg-mercedes_c-klasse_dtm_1995.svm
    6.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Setup Guides and Setup Tool

Forgot about this. Maybe some use. Give them a read as a reference and as the word suggests guide. Try out the tool it's useful but you've got to know what the car is doing in the first place so you can tell it and get the appropriate answer to setting up your car. Just ok the error. These guides and tool will help you with the art of black magic car setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: DND
Perhaps tomorrow I'll have a damn good look at it and see what can be done. Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a miracle worker. :laugh:

I used your setup as a base and stiffened it up a bit and that took out some of the loop de loops for me....or maybe I'm starting to learn how to drive.

Attachments

• 2020_canhard_r51.svm
    7.6 KB · Views: 71
Been on the server with our host with another fellow his name escapes me.
And I've discovered one thing even though the 95 is a blast to drive I've it eats tyres especially the front left. It can go as high as 108 in 2 laps for soft tyres and only marginally better with hards. And roughly 1 second slower. Crikey. And I have tested and there is no amount of toe you can remove or camber. Simply just hot hot hot. So if you don't drive like an 88-year old granny I can safely say you're screwed.

The 2005 version is better but you will have to take it a little easy now and again for those right-hand turns. You will have to keep a check on this because if it gets out of control it will be somewhat difficult to get back under control.

I know nothing about 2003 I have not tried it yet.

As it's 2:30 in the morning I'm off to have a bowl of loop de loops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play