RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, I think I must hate these cars as much as some of you guys love them:p. I wanted to drive the #78 Corvette with the Sebring livery since I live in Sebring and I've had 6 different 'Vettes over the years but I spent over 20 minutes trying and couldn't even get it through the run-up and to the start line without going off track!! Finally gave up after 30 minutes and tried the Fabcar since I had a Porsche many decades ago and spent another futile 30 minutes trying to get a decent time with that car. Finally settled on the Zackspeed b/c it and the BMW seem to be the only two that I can handle at all and even the BMW gives me fits sometimes when the turbo kicks in unexpectedly. I'm in awe of you guys and your ability to handle these monsters:notworthy:.

Boy, I think I must hate these cars as much as some of you guys love them:p. I wanted to drive the #78 Corvette with the Sebring livery since I live in Sebring and I've had 6 different 'Vettes over the years but I spent over 20 minutes trying and couldn't even get it through the run-up and to the start line without going off track!! Finally gave up after 30 minutes and tried the Fabcar since I had a Porsche many decades ago and spent another futile 30 minutes trying to get a decent time with that car. Finally settled on the Zackspeed b/c it and the BMW seem to be the only two that I can handle at all and even the BMW gives me fits sometimes when the turbo kicks in unexpectedly. I'm in awe of you guys and your ability to handle these monsters:notworthy:.
dont give up on vette :cry: i can practice with you :coffee:

It is funny how the cars act on different tracks. Last night I tested my (winning) set up from Sonoma at RA. It was way too tight so I had to stiffen up the rear to get it to rotate enough to keep me from going off on exit.

Here I thought RA would favor a tighter car but I guess the speeds require a looser car. If you want to race the Vette try stiffening up the rear and see if you can get it to rotate. Also remember that the brakes on these cars are pie tins compared to what you may be used to. I found I am faster if I downshift and brake earlier, then coast into the turn. Then I can stomp on it earlier and get the rear to rotate.

If we are picking cars then I will be in the Fabcar, Coke livery if it isn't already taken. Otherwise I will just grab what is available. Now if I can just get a setup that doesn't kick me off the road so often:D

If we are picking cars then I will be in the Fabcar, Coke livery if it isn't already taken. Otherwise I will just grab what is available. Now if I can just get a setup that doesn't kick me off the road so often:D
i see @Calvyn White posted fabcar setup in other event, you may want to check it out
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/group-5-nürburgring-sat-24-aug-2019.171851/#post-3031280 , some tweaks here and there and it should great
@sc4dr check out leaderboards, looks like im bound to be behind you :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back