RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
The class is very track dependant, in most cases Capri is king (thats why i tell everyone not to pick it, i hate capri cup :p), but on some, eg Hockenheim Fabcar shows some pace :D Greenwood is great on Silverstone
85% of the time I run the 935. The power works for me to pass on straights, and then I’m real stingy about hogging the inside line. Normally works. Kind of like how I drove the DP @rOAD America

85% of the time I run the 935. The power works for me to pass on straights, and then I’m real stingy about hogging the inside line. Normally works. Kind of like how I drove the DP @rOAD America
instantly reminded me of 2:14+ :D that amazing speed

Cant wait to see you driving and battle with you :whistling:;) Im curious about Fabcar on Sonoma

I actually owned a Chevy Monza Spyder IRL and IMO it sounds great in Raceroom, but it is the hardest to get a clean lap in for me. BMW is the most consistent for me right now, but I have only been able to do a 1:35 lap. Fabcar and Vette are good too.

That’s movin. That car is almost like cheating. So far I’m a good sec quicker in it than all the others, and I only ran a couple laps in it! I’m liking the Monza. It’s between Monza, Bimmer, and Capri

I like the Monza just because I always felt those cars were "cheater" cars that IMSA allowed in to beat the 930's. They were. Problem is that they are even more of a slug than the other cars. Their saving grace is that big V8 in a very light, but not nimble, car. I would if we were at Road America where that V8 would eat up the straights. I will not be driving it at Sonoma, though I tested it.

I had issues with the Capri in the leaderboard challenge, as with the other cars, and could only get into the mid 1:32's. In the server I was able to increase the tire pressures and it really made a difference in how the car handles.

What I have been doing in some of the corners is coasting in and then stabbing the brakes. This gets the back end around and then I can hit the Go Fast pedal. I am also trying to coast more into other corners and keep in mind that the brakes on these things were archaic pie-tins.

instantly reminded me of 2:14+ :D that amazing speed

Cant wait to see you driving and battle with you :whistling:;) Im curious about Fabcar on Sonoma

Almost a crime to show those cars on that track. They should be raced on the old Hockenheim like we remembered when racing was for men and sheep were scared.

It’s going to be hard to keep leader board pace in this race. I find myself sometimes in the air sideways going into and out of some turns. I’m going to work on a stable setup, then push to see how fast I can get it, I should be good if I can keep a 1:33ish pace.

Oh yeah, still messing with the fabcar 935. Haven’t given up hope on it yet
Fabcar loves riding on 2 wheels coming out of turn 4.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back