RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may be further bold and make a few suggestions on how I drive this track.

First corner right hander 4th gear is safe 3rd gear can be a little quicker but more risky. Keep it tight to the apex as possible without touching it. If you do you will have to be more patient and wait for the car to settle before you can get the throttle on. Avoid the kerb on exit as much as possible, if not completely.
Next right hander change down to 3rd gear in quick succession you can go down to 2nd gear watch out for back end lock up and avoid the kerb on exit especially if you're in second.
Flat out including the slight left. Hard on the brakes down to 3rd gear and as you were going around the left short shift to 4th gear with the smallest of lift, if at all. Or keep it in third with a bigger lift. Keep the car far left as possible on to the right hander make sure you get that apex or be prepared the lift off as you will run wide on exit. A lot of time can be made on that section of the track.
The next right hander down to 4th next right hand down 3rd gear keeping it tight to the apex and once you know you can get the power on, floor it.
The final right onto the start and finish straight. 2nd gear. Avoid the kerb on entry, on apex, on exit unless you've got the car relatively straight. All the kerbs are dodgy under acceleration trial and error.
I hope that makes some kind of sense and helps a little. :O_o::whistling:

PS: As in most cars do not hit the rev limiter it slows you down. It's better to be early than late. With a final drive of 5.00:1. You will hit the limiter, if using DRS and in the draught of another this final drive may cause you problems on the straight after the first right. If you are that close behind another you probably wouldn't need the DRS it's probably worth saving for the following straight but make sure you turning off for the slight left.

This is what I found out so far so things may change as I'm still testing.

Last edited:
It took me three attempts to get it to load the right tracks for the servers. One day they might bother to fix this stupid bug. It can't be that bloody difficult. :rolleyes:
Don't get me started on fixing. Oops too late. I don't know what it is but they have this thing about fixing things are not broken such as the GT 4s. and now they're broken. As far as I'm concerned all this is to make their list of fixes bigger but they're not fixing. I'm afraid too much concentration on content and profit. And a big list of virtually insignificant so called fixing. Can't wait for the next update and reading that big list of so-called fixers that I never knew that was a problem. Also looking forward to all those fixes that I know about that I will not see on that list.
Whinge whinge moan moan grumble grumble.:roflmao:

A stern letter should be written. About this persistent bug in setting up the server it's a bloody disgrace. It has been going on for too long far far too long. Heads should roll and spankings should be given. Leave it to me I'll take care of it. I will just fetch my paddles from my dungeon of despair.:):p

These cars are pretty good around here. I can even to that horrible crappy sector I hate with somewhat decent speed, according to the leaderboards! I'll have to try your setup tweaks later Calv, see if they can get me to your level. ;)

When I started playing this SIM I literally hated these cars. I really didn't think they were working as they were supposed to. But over time I slowly began to like them a little bit more. Run up until a recent event and this one I've put in a lot of effort to figure out how to drive them. And through that effort I've grown to really enjoy driving these cars. Put at a cast of time and practice which are the same thing really. But with that effort I have improve my ability to drive these cars. I always found trying to get at them out of a corner very difficult. But now after much swearing I am very satisfied and brings a smile to my face when I've got the perfect exit.IMO
Love to see these cars more often "now" as due to effort, perseverance, pestilence and a considerable amount of practice and rewarded for my effort. LB ;):thumbsup: And it's been worth every lap.

Last edited:
These cars are pretty good around here. I can even to that horrible crappy sector I hate with somewhat decent speed, according to the leaderboards! I'll have to try your setup tweaks later Calv, see if they can get me to your level. ;)
They certainly are fun to drive on this track. A very good combination of high speed straights high-speed corners and some nasty tight corners. Good combination.
As for the setup information treat it as a base and then the other adjustments would be to your style.
But in saying that I suppose you could put the front anti-roll bar as hard ish in the rear anti roll bar as soft ish. This will help you get out of a slow corners a little bit easier without spinning, no guarantee though.
Ride height front 6.5 ish ride height at the rear 7.2 ish. And having the rear camber more then the front such as - 3.0 at the front and - 3.5 at the rear ish.
Front toe - 0.30 rear toe 0.20 ish. If you using the higher gear to come out of corners such as the first right corner in 4th and the second right in 3rd gear you could probably turn up the preload trial and error.

Last edited:
I don't expect a great race, but I'll tag along if I may (provided our ISP is finally done with their repairs, had the internet down for two hours now).

BTW, sorry about stopping in the middle of the track yesterday night, Calvyn, I had no idea I was not alone on the server at that point, must've somehow missed the message of you joining in.

As much as I am furious in what's happened tonight I am happy that I resolve the issue. Fingers crossed.
It appears that I was using a faulty router which was a gave me quite a large ping and about 10% of my download and upload mbps. I had a spare and a newer model replaced it in now everything is where it should be, fingers crossed.

So I'm hoping to see the DTM again soon but unfortunately they're not very popular with the ladies.:roflmao:
Anyway well done to the podium finishes whoever you may be and well done all.:thumbsup:
See you Thursday.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back