RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't touched a wheel this year, but boss lady says I can try tomorrow, plenty of room on this track so shouldn't get in anyone's way. @Yetch get that rig finished, @Calvyn White any chance of a fish please:).
Yeah sure no problem my pleasure.
Here are three fish to choose from the 2015 DTM series. Watch out for the Audi it's a bit of a shark where the other two are more like piranhas. To be honest I can't tell the difference between the 15 s and the 16 s but I imagine there is otherwise I've paid for the cars twice :roflmao:.

Attachments

• AUDI RS 5 DTM 2015 RED BULLRING GP LB .svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 139
  • BMW M4 DTM 2015 RED BULLRING LB .svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 134
  • MERCEDES-AMG C63 DTM GP LB.svm
    6.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Here are some more fishes.
These cars bite like a great white. Upon faffing around with the 15 s and the 16 s I would say the 16 s are a lot more difficult to get out of a corner the car wants to oversteer spin somewhat easier than the 15 s. Considerable amount of throttle control is required for the 16 s that is in no question. But out of the 15 s and 16 s I would say the Mercedes is the easiest to drive on this circuit.IMO.
Three more fishes, it's almost like a school of fish.
I hope you find something you like Sir @Kenny Paton.

Attachments

• AUDI RS 5 DTM 2016 RED BULLRING GP LB 2.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 141
  • BMW M4 DTM 2016 RED BULLRING LB.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 138
  • MERCEDES-AMG C 63 DTM 2016 RED BULLRING LB.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
I need to withdraw from this race, I had the brilliant idea to replace my CPU cooler but I ended up with a broken CPU :cry:
I am now waiting for my new CPU...
Not exactly sure what you mean by broken but make sure there's no pins bent over on your CPU or left in the socket. Your PC should shut down if anything overheats.
Anyway you now got an excuse for a possible upgrades. Hope you don't have to wait too long.

PS: That's of course if you took the CPU out. You know to clean the paste off. Shouldn't have to take it out to do that.
Its is very easy and only needs a little knock to a pin and then you will bend it over completely on replacing it.

Last edited:
I had the brilliant idea to replace my CPU cooler but I ended up with a broken CPU :cry:
:confused: Don't want to pour salt into the wound, but...how does that even happen? I can't imagine breaking a CPU by replacing a cooler, at least not since Intel moved from those Coppermine CPUs without an actual heat spreader like 15 years ago or so.

The old fart is back, finished rig last night, well I say finished, will run it over weekend and if I can live with it (and it can live with me), will button it up with cable management etc next week-ish. :rolleyes:
All a bit weird, rigs longer, wheels higher, screens nearer........... was to knackered to try it out much last night, need to sort a new FOV and iron out a few wrinkles but should well be back tonight.
Took a quick pic when I fired it up this morning, as you can see the rest of the entire flat is trashed and Henry has to do his bit yet but I'm mobile again, so don't give a :poop:, it can all biodegrade for all I care.
See some of you guys in the bear pit later! :)

290721-4b95bd83610ea16f301e8881c2015288.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0071 (1).JPG
    DSC_0071 (1).JPG
    205 KB · Views: 116
:confused: Don't want to pour salt into the wound, but...how does that even happen? I can't imagine breaking a CPU by replacing a cooler, at least not since Intel moved from those Coppermine CPUs without an actual heat spreader like 15 years ago or so.

Dropping it on the hard floor is really bad I learned... :confused:

In any case, I am upgrading: going for a Nvidia 2080 and AMD 2700x

See you as soon as I am done... :whistling:

Dropping it on the hard floor is really bad I learned...
I see. Though I still don't understand why even take the CPU out if you're just replacing a cooler, but you probably had your reasons (and even if not, an internet know-it-all is likely the last thing you'd ask for at this point).

BTW as someone who has recently upgraded to Ryzen 2600, I think you'll like the 2700x :)

Yeah sure no problem my pleasure.
Here are three fish to choose from the 2015 DTM series. Watch out for the Audi it's a bit of a shark where the other two are more like piranhas. To be honest I can't tell the difference between the 15 s and the 16 s but I imagine there is otherwise I've paid for the cars twice :roflmao:.
Hi, thanks for the setups,
How do I install them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back