RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't try Leaderboard challange at Laguna nor Monza. Setup for Monza (from the same source) was very fast but I was struggling handling the car with -10 wing through Parabolica. Took me whole practice session + quali (done only one clean lap) and 2-3 laps of the first race to finally control the car. But since then it was bloody fast :D
This one for Laguna is similar: -10 wing, difficult to control but with gentle, sensitive inputs pretty fast. The only problem I'm having for last week or two is my wheel base slides off the desk from time to time and my right foot from throttle pedal which is super annoying :mad:
As far as I'm concerned and despite anything said different mechanical grip is paramount. In other words there is no amount of wing that will help you to get you around the track faster. At least amount of wing on your car is the most substantial thing that will get you around the track in the fastest possible. Always looking for the maximum amount of mechanical grip.
It is plain as it is on your nose on your face the least amount of downforce is the fastest. Working on getting the mechanical grip with toe, camber, suspension, bump and rebound will get you that grip with the least amount of downforce which is created wings pushing you to the ground but also slowing you down. To achieve this is a challenge when you have no natural talent.

Last edited:
A night to forget. Everything went bad, from qualy to race.

Huge apologizes to who I hit at both races, not usual from me as some of you know. Harm is done tho.
Quit both as a way to penalize me.

This was one of those days I shoud not sign in, after going to hospital to get some (more bad) news.

I hope you guys forgive me.

Paulo.

Race 1 was hairy, I managed to gain 6 positions by a lot of people crashing in the andretti hairpin (eg Turn 1). Laguna Seca is trickier then most, and I feel like I got very far simply by being able to drive consistently (though there's still plenty of room for improvement). Managed to overtake @Ross Garland and @KKJUN when they put a foot wrong, but they managed to overtake me back in the end. Loads of fun :)

Due to @Piotrek Blaszczak 's unfortunate disconnect I got elevated to pole position from the 6th spot. Whilst I had originally qualified in... 12th? So I was rather terrified through it all! Good racing up front though! That was a lot of fun. Even if it was white-knuckle fun :D! I eventually managed to finish in 3rd too, so that's a rare podium finish for me. In race 2 I still had a 1 second variation between my lap times, but I'm decently sure that my slowest laptime in race 2 was also my qualifying time. @Steve Le Gallez and @KKJUN proved themselves to be a lot faster then me, and watching their little battle up front was a lot of fun. Also, kudos for not ramming me off the track :p

Did it all with the default setup for the Hyundai too ;)

Race 1 was hairy, I managed to gain 6 positions by a lot of people crashing in the andretti hairpin (eg Turn 1). Laguna Seca is trickier then most, and I feel like I got very far simply by being able to drive consistently (though there's still plenty of room for improvement). Managed to overtake @Ross Garland and @KKJUN when they put a foot wrong, but they managed to overtake me back in the end. Loads of fun :)

Due to @Piotrek Blaszczak 's unfortunate disconnect I got elevated to pole position from the 6th spot. Whilst I had originally qualified in... 12th? So I was rather terrified through it all! Good racing up front though! That was a lot of fun. Even if it was white-knuckle fun :D! I eventually managed to finish in 3rd too, so that's a rare podium finish for me. In race 2 I still had a 1 second variation between my lap times, but I'm decently sure that my slowest laptime in race 2 was also my qualifying time. @Steve Le Gallez and @KKJUN proved themselves to be a lot faster then me, and watching their little battle up front was a lot of fun. Also, kudos for not ramming me off the track :p

Did it all with the default setup for the Hyundai too ;)
Well if you did that and beat all those guys with the default setup I should strongly suggest you put that on the leaderboard.
Yes that's right mate put it on the leaderboard I'm calling you out.
If you could beat my time with the default setup which I will never know if you are or not I will eat my hat. But do it all the same love to see it.
Shouldn't take it long no setup required.

Well if you did that and beat all those guys with the default setup I should strongly suggest you put that on the leaderboard.
Yes that's right mate put it on the leaderboard I'm calling you out.
If you could beat my time with the default setup which I will never know if you are or not I will eat my hat. But do it all the same love to see it.
Shouldn't take it long no setup required.

Call me again when you're sober :p

As far as I'm concerned and despite anything said different mechanical grip is paramount. In other words there is no amount of wing that will help you to get you around the track faster. At least amount of wing on your car is the most substantial thing that will get you around the track in the fastest possible. Always looking for the maximum amount of mechanical grip.
It is plain as it is on your nose on your face the least amount of downforce is the fastest. Working on getting the mechanical grip with toe, camber, suspension, bump and rebound will get you that grip with the least amount of downforce which is created wings pushing you to the ground but also slowing you down. To achieve this is a challenge when you have no natural talent.

Thanks Cal for explanation but like I mentioned I'm an idiot in this subject :p I understand some of the aspects of car setup but in general this topic scares me even pretty limited RaceRoom setup options. This setup for Laguna I got from Jaroslav Hoznik (better known as Jardier) and he did low 29s with it and Thomas Jansen under 29 with the same setup. What's interesting setups for this cars can be used between them pretty easily. This originaly was made for Honda (which is as u may know a japanese fake Hyundai :laugh: ).
But thanks again, maybe some day I will be able to setup cars myself :thumbsup:

Now to the main event.
Great cars, fantastic track but... horrible races for me :(
During quali was still fighting with the car up to nearly end of time when finally was on a properly fast lap, just one corner and... session is over :mad: P8
Race 1 start form P8, quickly advanced to P5, going into inside of T1, Audi at the front of me suddenly stops due tu a car which spun at the front, hit the Audi (sorry about that) been hit from behind myself and from side and somewhere else and finally found myself in static position facing wrong direction :mad: Dropped from P5 down to 15th, 16th or whatever at this point didn't care but quickly turned the car, smashed throttle and I'm on run. From this point had a pretty good pace throughout the rest of R1. A little bit of battle with @kamackeris and @Yetch lost gained positioned on the last lap after corkscrew when I locked brakes into the corner. Finished... who cares... far away.
Race 2, was even worse, waste of time to talk about it.
During and after this event I had this strange fealing like I did something like this before... and... Eureka! Mazda MX-5 at Laguna in iRacing Rookie class :O_o:
Anyway, congrats to podium winners :thumbsup: And hope for better events later this week.

@Piotr Dul In my experience, getting setups from aliens tends to be counterproductive more often than not, but I guess YMMV.
Trying to setup car by myself with my limited knowledge and very little experience is even more counterproductive. I have limited time for simracing. I can spend it for:
- practice,
- setting up a car,
- racing
If I take out "setting up" a car from this list then I have more time for practice then trying over and over tweaking those little numbers and driving few laps after each change. For me it's a lots of time wasted for setting up car only. If I had more time for this hobby then yea, I would spend more time to learn this subject.
What I've been doing for the last few weeks was, trying default setup first, making few very basic changes to the setup (fuel, wing) after and then tried someones else setup. In the end picking that one which I liked most in terms of feel and performance.

@Piotr Dul In my experience, getting setups from aliens tends to be counterproductive more often than not, but I guess YMMV.
You know what @Martin Fiala to some degree you're right. But you know what annoys me the most no matter what from me personally and I'm sure many many others have tried to do the right thing is the lack of appreciation for the efforts that I and many others have done is sharing in the community.
Very very little expression is been put forward to those of which to shared their setups even knowing that may cost them the race.
I have shared setups dozens and I can count the fingers on one hand of the thanks that I've had for the setups in way of a message in any thread.
I myself have begin to think like others, why bother. And just keep all the effort to yourself and reap the result of it. Like being called up for a league events elsewhere with sponsorship.
The total lack of gratitude for helping others is disheartening if not critical to the way they drive or the view they drive-in. If I haven't said it once I said it a half a dozen times I am no alien I get those times out of effort not from talent.
Years I have shared my setups and all I get in the way of appreciation if any, is a like. Very occasionally I may have a message of appreciation for my efforts to the community. Sooner or later I will become like the rest that one's shared will no longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back