RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had to lower the vertical/lateral forces a fair bit and raise the ffb intensity and that seems to have brought my wheel back in again, strange really.

Hurry up and sort your well warn thumb out Cal..
Obviously removed the pointless post that was posted here. Which I shall replace with another one.

Last edited:
As I do believe in most simulators including this one the force feedback is not consistent throughout the entire simulator. And this is where the ffb multiplier comes in handy.
Thing is, the FFB can't really be that "consistent", because the cars are often very different. FFB multiplier should not be used to achieve the same feeling or FFB strength for all cars, it should be used to adjust the clipping point, and at least in my experience, that is generally pretty consistent with the default multiplier already with most cars, at least with the ones on the latest physics. It's similar to AMS in this regard - quite a wide variety of FFB feels across the cars, but each car's FFB tuned to where it should be, so there's no real need to tweak anything (and you can't tune anything apart from the overall FFB strength there, at least not through the game's UI).

With Raceroom, there are sliders available, and obviously if you start tinkering with them, you will change the overall FFB mix and that will also change the clipping points, so that's where the FFB multiplier should be used.

But again, obviously if using the multiplier to achieve consistent feel is what you prefer, then who am I to tell you differently.

BTW, here's my race:

If anyone has any issue, let me know and I'll take the video down.

It was a fun race, don't know where my qualifying pace came from, honestly, but I was expecting I won't make it until the end of the race like that and the inevitable mistake sadly came pretty early. Still, I felt fairly competitive until the very end and had some fun battles and chases (with @KKJUN and @Jopamir, namely) , so plenty of fun and not frustrating at all, which is all I ultimately care about :)

Thanks for the race!

I myself had a crash to windows seconds before the end of qualy. Dont know what happened but the wheel was stiff, all the way to the left and my Gametrix JetSeat vibrating pad (Andre´s Sim Shaker-Wheels sftware) was buzzing out mad...I switched it off maybe some conflict between USB devices...(and I dont run TS Notifier anymore for fear of it being the culprit of previous crashes..).
So then I tried to get back on ther server which, amazingly, I did, considering that the Warm-Up session had already began... and thought that my qualy time would be erased but was still there:O_o:
Maybe S3 fixed one not being able to enter the server when Warm-Up was already going on? Anybody aware of that?

• Deleted member 6919

BTW, here's my race:

It was a fun race, don't know where my qualifying pace came from, honestly, but I was expecting I won't make it until the end of the race like that and the inevitable mistake sadly came pretty early. Still, I felt fairly competitive until the very end and had some fun battles and chases (with @KKJUN and @Jopamir, namely) , so plenty of fun and not frustrating at all, which is all I ultimately care about :)

Thanks for the race!

Honestly Martin you put yourself down sometimes, you do have decent pace I just don't think you know it..;) but lately it has been noticable just keep at it..:thumbsup:

Honestly Martin you put yourself down sometimes, you do have decent pace I just don't think you know it..;) but lately it has been noticable just keep at it..:thumbsup:
It's...complicated. And if I were to explain it more, it would probably end up being an annoying rant nobody needs/wants to read anyway. But I am indeed very good at putting myself down ;) And I do know that sometimes, I can have a fairly decent pace. It's the rest of the time that can be a bit frustrating ;)

But thank you.

Congrats to podium guys and all the others :thumbsup:
I struggled a lot to get till the end .the FFB in my wheel simply wasn't right Sorry if I was a liability no any one. It was not intended, just clumsy and out of (decent) pace. Thank you @Martin Fiala for your patience and restrain ;)
It was a good battle nevertheless that kept me going.
Cheers

Just had some time to check on this Force Feedback. And there's something very strange.
Using my regular settings im getting clipping where I have never had before.
What's stranger still by lowering it to prevent clipping I'm losing information in what the car is doing. But keeping it normal where I normally would have it im getting the information on what the car is doing but with clipping obviously. It is if I'm getting a false negative. Bizarre.

Last edited:
I had a massive lags from the beginning of the race. Practice session was fine only few minor lags in spectator view outside of the car. I don't know how I've managed to drive safely first lap in such conditions but on second lap due to another massive freeze I lost control over the car through chicane and almost collected @FeltHat with me into sandtrap. Recovered quickly but in second sector another lag send me outside the track into wall. At this point decided it will be better to resign then to be a risk for others.
Looks like sunday races are unlucky for me, will have to try AC Club for sunday races :p
Congrats to podium finishers of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes