RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great racing guys and well done to the podiums in both races.
race1.jpg
race2.jpg

• Deleted member 6919

Congrats to Reggie & Malachi for the wins,;) your pace was just extreme in the end, jeez I was happy I hit a 1.51.6 in the 1st race, after that just couldn't match you guys, 2nd race 3 wide nearly into the turn one on lap 3 was just insane, but such good fun, so now on to a track which I hate..

From what I saw and heard turn 1 was fairly clean by most, so that says alot..:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
These cars are definitely growing on me. They can be tough, but good fun anyway. Apologies to @Spaldinio for bumping you going into the chicane in race one. Entirely my fault. :redface: My races were slightly compromised as I ended up t-boning stationary cars in Ascari near the start of both of them. It messed up my aerodynamics so although I was making up time on the corners, I was losing it all on the straights. Had some nice little battles here and there though, so it kept me occupied. :)

Congrats to the podiums and cheers to all who entered. Looking forward to Sunday! :thumbsup:

Good lord, what a disaster :( This is getting really frustrating :(

I came very close to quitting in the first race after I caused that big crash in the Ascari (and I'm really, REALLY sorry about that, but there was little I could do about it - I lost control on the kerb, spun out off to the side on the grass, but somehow ended up right in the middle of the track still and there were cars spinning everywhere before I could even realize what's going on, let alone do something) because I felt terrible about that, but forced myself to continue after at least making sure that everyone involved is long gone, effectively just leaving myself far behind everyone else. And I *still* managed to make more mistakes, thankfully just involving myself. I went into the second race thinking it can only get better from there and was proven wrong in the very first corner (sorry @booda kmb about that punt from the side, but I really couldn't do much at that point again and the light touch somehow made me lose what little control I had left and spin out uncontrollably right in front of you) and spun out again. Was about to call it a day pretty annoyed with myself, but forced myself to continue, only to be taken out (unintentionally, I'm sure) a few seconds later by a spun out car right before the second chicane. I'm still amazed I didn't actually quit then and there, but somehow still forced myself to continue. And just as I was getting closer to some cars ahead, I stepped on the brakes a bit too hard and spun out yet again... Thankfully that was like 4 minutes or so before the end, so it was actually easier to continue just because the end of the race was so close.

I felt pretty good about myself (well, within my ability to) after practicing with the P1 for Sunday yesterday and doing quite all right I'd say, but now I'm starting to think I should perhaps reconsider attending the race at all if my races lately are any indication :(

Last edited:

I came very close to quitting in the first race after I caused that big crash in the Ascari (and I'm really, REALLY sorry about that, but there was little I could do about it - I lost control on the kerb, spun out off to the side on the grass, but somehow ended up right in the middle of the track still and there were cars spinning everywhere before I could even realize what's going on, let alone do something) because I felt terrible about that, but forced myself to continue after at least making sure that everyone involved is long gone, effectively just leaving myself far behind everyone else. And I *still* managed to make more mistakes, thankfully just involving myself. I went into the second race thinking it can only get better from there and was proven wrong in the very first corner (sorry @booda kmb about that punt from the side, but I really couldn't do much at that point again) and spun out again. Was about to call it a day pretty annoyed with myself, but forced myself to continue, only to be taken out (unintentionally, I'm sure) a few seconds later by a spun out car right before the second chicane. I'm still amazed I didn't actually quit then and there, but somehow still forced myself to continue. And just as I was getting closer to some cars ahead, I stepped on the brakes a bit too hard and spun out yet again... Thankfully that was like 4 minutes or so before the end, so it was actually easier to continue just because the end of the race was so close.

I felt pretty good about myself (well, within my ability to) after practicing with the P1 for Sunday yesterday and doing quite all right I'd say, but now I'm starting to think I should perhaps reconsider attending the race at all if my races lately are any indication :(

You gotta keep at it, there's no substitute for race experience, however badly you think you're doing, as you'll eventually get better at dealing with pressure and annoying races where everything seems to be going wrong.

@Case_, try not to worry too much about it buddy. Lots of people spun today, so it wasn't just you. I think it was you I t-boned in race one, but it was someone else in exactly the same place and same circumstances in race two, and I saw multiple other spinners just there who I managed to avoid. I almost lost it there myself at least 3-4 times when I was trying to defend myself.

As for incidents in general, again, try not to worry too much. You always apologise and you always wait, and that's exactly what you're meant to do. It's racing... **** happens sometimes, but as long as you show respect to your fellow drivers, it's all good and I doubt anyone here is going to be holding it against you. I certainly don't! :thumbsup:

Oh, and you have no choice... you MUST race in a P1 on Sunday! I order you! I refuse to be the only P1 rookie in the race! :D

At least I'll look damn good doing it. I'm driving the most elegant of German land yachts. :p

And no DNFs because...
237073f4f7d1b87e70779fa119d34a40_jerry-monza-if-youre-monza-meme_400-400.jpeg
I was at the 1985 Indy 500 and watched Danny Sullivan do this literally right in front of me.
635911376922010230-1985-sullivan-spin.jpg

Don't know which impressed me more, seeing him go on to win or Mario for not driving into him.
Sometimes even us Yanks can put on a good show.

Was about to call it a day pretty annoyed with myself, but forced myself to continue, only to be taken out (unintentionally, I'm sure) a few seconds later by a spun out car right before the second chicane.

A few of us ended up the wrong way round there as well, I qualified 8th but finished up pretty much at the back. Oh well, there are plenty more races to look forward to :)

@Vertigo346 That's the problem - there really is little pressure involved in how my racing's shaping up currently. I don't feel like I'm making mistakes due to pressure. I just can't seem to be able to put a solid lap in I'd feel good about lately.

But I guess I should stop whining, sorry.

@Case_ It is pressure, just indirect pressure. When I start making mistakes I get mad and make more. But I got better at it by doing more races as I regain my composure more quickly. I still get mad though ;D

@Ross Garland I may have been the one you tboned in race 2,completely lost it on a slide. Oh and I'm sorry for that audacious move in the first chicane, you two were awful slow in there and I was suddenly right in the middle lol

I came very close to quitting in the first race after I caused that big crash in the Ascari (and I'm really, REALLY sorry about that, but there was little I could do about it - I lost control on the kerb, spun out off to the side on the grass, but somehow ended up right in the middle of the track still and there were cars spinning everywhere before I could even realize what's going on, let alone do something) because I felt terrible about that, but forced myself to continue after at least making sure that everyone involved is long gone, effectively just leaving myself far behind everyone else. And I *still* managed to make more mistakes, thankfully just involving myself. I went into the second race thinking it can only get better from there and was proven wrong in the very first corner (sorry @booda kmb about that punt from the side, but I really couldn't do much at that point again and the light touch somehow made me lose what little control I had left and spin out uncontrollably right in front of you) and spun out again. Was about to call it a day pretty annoyed with myself, but forced myself to continue, only to be taken out (unintentionally, I'm sure) a few seconds later by a spun out car right before the second chicane. I'm still amazed I didn't actually quit then and there, but somehow still forced myself to continue. And just as I was getting closer to some cars ahead, I stepped on the brakes a bit too hard and spun out yet again... Thankfully that was like 4 minutes or so before the end, so it was actually easier to continue just because the end of the race was so close.

Martin, watch me on race 1 and enjoy. Ross is right, just let it happen. You'll just get better, that's a fact.
Maybe try to approach to them the other way around, I mean, from slow to fast, if you know what I mean. When I find myself struggling I've realised the more anxious the worse, so now I try to drive as my grandmother would, and push from there respecting my "comfort zone" with the given car/track combo.

And remember... to have fun is the key ;):)
-May the downforce be with you- :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play