RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it wasn't for the big crash in the beginning, I would've ended up in a much lower position than I did (thankfully the race wasn't longer ;) ). I really mucked up the start this time (and once again sorry to everyone behind me) - thought I have so much wheelspin my engine's bouncing off the rev limiter, so I was backing off, only to finally realize it wasn't wheelspin at all, it's just that the 1st is that short on these :rolleyes:

Also apologize to anyone I've punted (I think there was a few occassions, though it didn't seem serious) or complicated things for, somehow it seemed to me like everyone was braking much later than me, yet still had much shorter braking distance... It's actually not the first time I've noticed this in these races, I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong...

sweet GT3 class is going to be awesome....im going Ford GT3 if you want a setup :D
Currently trying to decide between the M6 and Bentley.....if my lap times are way off the fast guys ill use the Ford GT :)
My tech skills are very minimal lol how do you upload a setup file to the form ? And when you download a tune does it go in the cars folder or the locations folder?
I use to spend endless hrs building community tunes back in my forza days but got away from them when i moved to pc racing.....something id really like to get back into doing as ive been running mostly stock tunes in raceroom.

Pretty sure it would be more effective to give tips to traffic on how to deal with me ;)

No, but seriously, joking aside, I think I'll manage (well at least I feel like it's not as irresponsible of me as I'm making it sound). Last time in Indianapolis, I mostly made life difficult for myself I think, not as much for the others, and I feel like I've learned to keep my cool with traffic around a bit more since then as well.

Then again if anyone has any general tips, I certainly don't mind hearing them. And I'm pretty sure others might benefit as well, not just me.

Currently trying to decide between the M6 and Bentley.....if my lap times are way off the fast guys ill use the Ford GT :)
My tech skills are very minimal lol how do you upload a setup file to the form ? And when you download a tune does it go in the cars folder or the locations folder?
I use to spend endless hrs building community tunes back in my forza days but got away from them when i moved to pc racing.....something id really like to get back into doing as ive been running mostly stock tunes in raceroom.
I was just going to google drive you it, here are all my setups actually :)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1OW7rToMKMmWWwxZ3puZVg3cnc

but ya once you download the file you gotta place it in the appropriate folder.
it should be found at
C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups

We had a league running the beast 919 together with the GT2s and the GT4s in AC not long ago.

As you can see i was ill prepared and wasnt aware of the amazing closing speeds these cars have -it was the first race of the champ and didnt have any experience with the car nor the setup,had less than 30mins of practise.Also was a bit irritated with some risky moves by one 919 driver and that lead to the mess at Aue Rouge-.And keep in mind that this short of almost bad driving isnt typical at all for me as i always try to be fair and give room while keeping it on the black stuff.So P1s can and will bite you if you dont show patience and respect.

So a general tip is to plan ahead and i mean far far ahead at least traffic wise.Also keep in mind that this thing has huge speed and good brakes so you can take almost any line you like,within physics limits of course.The race will be long so try to keep cool at all times and think of the long game.Leaving some time on one or two corners can easily be gained back with concentration and patience.Try to practice with other classes on track -maybe do some races with the AI- so that youll get a better understanding of the speed difference and driving approach when lapping others.

My final advice,be patient and avoid risks.Forgot to mention the fast thinking required due to the warp speeds. :roflmao::roflmao:

The next 2 vids show how much more comfortable i got with it and the way i managed traffic easier.Yes i lost some time but remember other classes are there to race also.Especially the one at Monza where i had an amazing battle with another fast and respectful driver clearly shows that even these cars can do close racing -hes here on RD also-.

@Nasos Charalampou Great post, thanks. Yes, patience being key is one of the things I've learned (the hard way) at Indianapolis, which was pretty much my first multiclass event ever. That is not to say it doesn't apply to single class racing as well.

Same goes for being mindful of others and not ruining their race, that should go without saying at all times. Though I'd say my problem is often the exact opposite - I end up off track during races simply because I was trying to give enough space to someone or get out of his way ;)

Though, to be honest, with the way the field looks at the moment, I almost expect at least some of the guys in the GT3 cars lapping the P1 and P2 cars, not the other way around :p

BTW, practicing with AI to get a feel for multiclass is sadly not possible in R3E I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back