RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyre management is part of racing touring cars. You can either go all out at the start and suffer at the end, or tone it down and be consistent throughout. Even when I feel like I'm pushing hard I never get the high degradation some others keep reporting, so I suppose I must have a driving style which is naturally easy on the tyres.

They're built to last a TC race, which is 25 minutes.

This + 380hp on the front axle without TC resulting in wheelspin that actually makes you faster in some corners. Just watch the real races, sometimes people struggle with their tyres after 10 minutes (Marrakesh for example)

Tyre management is part of racing touring cars. You can either go all out at the start and suffer at the end, or tone it down and be consistent throughout. Even when I feel like I'm pushing hard I never get the high degradation some others keep reporting, so I suppose I must have a driving style which is naturally easy on the tyres.

Lol I've been watching touring cars for years and playing from the toca series, shows how much notice I take of the tech side of racing. Thanks for your replies.

Thursday's race was the first for me to see quite high tyre wear. Then again it was also pretty much the first race with 2016 cars . With the 2014 before, I didn't have this issue. We'll see how tonight's race goes.

Thursday's race was the first for me to see quite high tyre wear. Then again it was also pretty much the first race with 2016 cars . With the 2014 before, I didn't have this issue. We'll see how tonight's race goes.
The 2016's definitely have higher tire wear than any of the previous versions. It was the same when the 2016 DTMs were released. Seems there were changes done to the tyre model. Let's just say had the races on Thursday been 25 minutes, I might've barely made it across the line. :redface:

• Deleted member 6919

Yeh for me there is a higher wear on the 2014's than the 2016's by quite a few laps, 2016 I would see wear at around 8/10 laps, with the 14's anywhere between 3/6 laps.

I so want tyre pressure's and compounds in R3E.

sorry guys, will not attend, exhausted from eSports WTCC race today and have to do some important work.
Enjoy the event and have fun! :thumbsup:

Yeh for me there is a higher wear on the 2014's than the 2016's by quite a few laps, 2016 I would see wear at around 8/10 laps, with the 14's anywhere between 3/6 laps.

I so want tyre pressure's and compounds in R3E.
Compounds are not really needed, since they are fixed for the vast majority of racing series anyway. Allowing different compounds will only lead to unrealistic pace in certain categories (like it is in Assetto Corsa regarding GT3 and GTE for example).

Agree on the pressure though, that should be absolute standard

A brilliant evening of racing, cheers guys! :thumbsup:

Race one was one of the lonely ones for me, being slower than the top three but faster than everyone else, so I was lapping alone for at least half of it. Got on the podium but it was a tad hollow since it was only because @Gopher04 had to pit near the end. Race two was great fun though! Battling from start to finish, really close, lots of side-by-side moments, really enjoyable. :cool: Apologies to @Kurupt CDN for the shunt right at the end of the race, I hope I didn't cause you to lose any positions? :redface: I lost a few positions myself from that, but I didn't mind. Had great fun so I don't really care where I finished!

Already looking forward to the next one. :D

Edit: Fantastic stream once again @Joseph Wright! Looks and sounds really professional, great stuff. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 6919

Yeh was good fun tonight and good clean racing, shame about the tyre wear for me, will have to look into that, someone said it looks like to much steering lock, and going by the live stream you can certainly see that is possible, but was fun trying to survive, which failed in race 2.

@Joseph Wright always good to watch your streams man..:thumbsup:

It feels to me like I'm getting slower and slower with each race I attend lately... :unsure:

So can't say I was having a great amount of fun. And when I went off track in race 2 as I missed my braking point while trying to be faster than the car in front of me and not get overtaken by the car behind me (a lap behind as well), I was pretty close to just giving up on the rest of the race (in fact I was basically cruising then for a while there).

But there were some bright moments here and there still, so it's not like I'd feel it was time completely wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes