LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks mate, now that literally the groundwork has been laid down... updates should hopefully be a little more frequent :)

Thanks, glad you're enjoying testing out your F1 cars around here... Get any super quick lap records... Post them in a comment over on this thread...
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/la-canyons-0-5-online-car-meet-thread.156805/

Thanks mate, Ben's work is awesome, and what you've seen so far is just Ben warming up ;)
The trees that are coming are looking epic! I'm so tempted to post a screenshot of them....
But would rather leave them as a massive surprise :D

Nice find up on Mount Wilson mate :D
Plenty more trees are being planted.... and they're much nicer than those test trees ;)
They were just to test if you'd be able to see the observatory.

When starting out at the default location on LA Canyons, where on the map am I ? I need a point of reference to navigate, haha

When starting out at the default location on LA Canyons, where on the map am I ? I need a point of reference to navigate, haha
Upper middle of the main loop, just to the left of one big V downward loop in the road. It's marked "regular start" on the labeled map.

Yeah I called it Regular Start... But really it's 'The Smoking Tire' start.
Maybe if he finds out about this, I can call it that and put in 'The Smoking Tire' balloon :D

Will the trees be in a separate file so we can delete the file if we prefer to not have trees?
I kinda like the barren look without trees...
Those rock faces in .55 look great!
I'm not sure about compatibility online if you remove a given kn5 file, but yes trees will be in a separate file.
For example you could remove bo_detail_bushes.kn5 if you want to ride without any bushes :)
As long as you don't play online :) (otherwise you might have a mismatch error)

In another note, i was thinking (if a time comes with plenty of free time) to make different scenery, like different presets for the track, one with pines all over the place, or one with cactus more desert looking and so on. Accessible by replacing one file. Just a stupid idea of mine...)

I'm not sure about compatibility online if you remove a given kn5 file, but yes trees will be in a separate file.
For example you could remove bo_detail_bushes.kn5 if you want to ride without any bushes :)
As long as you don't play online :) (otherwise you might have a mismatch error)

In another note, i was thinking (if a time comes with plenty of free time) to make different scenery, like different presets for the track, one with pines all over the place, or one with cactus more desert looking and so on. Accessible by replacing one file. Just a stupid idea of mine...)

You only get server mismatch error if you change tracsk's models.ini or surfaces.ini files or car's data files. You can delete/rename, for example, bo_detail_bushes.kn5 and drive online without bushes, although I would never recommend it ;)

Last edited:
LAC.PNG

Hey everyone!

A few weeks ago I had the idea to bundle all my LAC laptimes into an Excel chart (yes, the font is horrible), upload them to the thread and see how it is received.
I am by no means a fast driver, so these laps could be seen as "slow" by the true aliens and fastbois in this community.
This aside, it has been a blast to throw all these cars around LAC and rack up thousands and thousands of kilometers. After countless runs I can safely say that this is one of the most enjoyable tracks I've ever driven in any game, what a gem!

If this is well-received, I might update the chart every week/two weeks.

Will the trees be in a separate file so we can delete the file if we prefer to not have trees?
I kinda like the barren look without trees...
Those rock faces in .55 look great!
As Ben and Correca said... the trees are in a separate kn5.... But once you see them... I really doubt you'll want to delete them. I'm really tempted to back this up with a screenshot.... but you'll have to take my word on it ;)
They'll have to remain a surprise for now :)

That's a great idea mate, if you get the time of course...
Maybe if you like the idea... do them as separate replacement 'packs'
Maybe a super high res version... lower leaner res version etc...
And distribute them to anyone kind enough to support your work :)
The amount of work (and help) you've shown this crazy project deserves rewarding! Big time!

View attachment 263807
Hey everyone!

A few weeks ago I had the idea to bundle all my LAC laptimes into an Excel chart (yes, the font is horrible), upload them to the thread and see how it is received.
I am by no means a fast driver, so these laps could be seen as "slow" by the true aliens and fastbois in this community.
This aside, it has been a blast to throw all these cars around LAC and rack up thousands and thousands of kilometers. After countless runs I can safely say that this is one of the most enjoyable tracks I've ever driven in any game, what a gem!

If this is well-received, I might update the chart every week/two weeks.
Awesome one Wietie... Maybe post it in this Thread as well, as people have also mentioned the times they're getting around here... Or maybe start your own LA Canyons lap times thread on here / official forums :)
It's always really cool hearing what lap times people can achieve around here..
If you haven't... join in one of the servers... I'm amazed at how well people know the layout...
And it's extremely cool going for a 10 car cruise with other drivers...
Just turn on your trackmap so you can keep an eye out for any oncoming traffic...
The trackmap gives around 1.5km's warning... Keep in the right hand lane... unless you glance and check the road ahead is clear. Great fun!

Really happy to hear after your thousands of km's you're enjoying this so much
The RedBull x2010 time must have been a complere blur.... the complete opposite of the Abarth 595 :D

Last edited:
Thank you man!! :D Donation sent as soon as i tested the map. enjoy the coffee and keep the good work :D
And thank you too mate... enjoy cruising / exploring all the roads :)

I sent you a nice cup of coffee but haven't received any more miles
Great fun driving these roads Good job
I've sent the roads out to everyone who's sent me a coffee... So you should have the email by now mate... maybe check your spam / junk folder?

Awesome one Wietie... Maybe post it in this Thread as well, as people have also mentioned the times they're getting around here... Or maybe start your own LA Canyons lap times thread on here / official forums :)
It's always really cool hearing what lap times people can achieve around here..
If you haven't... join in one of the servers... I'm amazed at how well people know the layout...
And it's extremely cool going for a 10 car cruise with other drivers...
Just turn on your trackmap so you can keep an eye out for any oncoming traffic...
The trackmap gives around 1.5km's warning... Keep in the right hand lane... unless you glance and check the road ahead is clear. Great fun!

Really happy to hear after your thousands of km's you're enjoying this so much
The RedBull x2010 time must have been a complere blur.... the complete opposite of the Abarth 595 :D

Posted it in there as well!

Great Track! Thanks! Any chance you can add the micro bumps that are similar to Pacific Coast Highway (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pacific-coast.12087/)?
You really "feel" the road with those bumps and your roads feel too smooth. Cheers!
Somehow I got a déjà-vu. Didn't you post this a while ago?
Please keep the version number in mind and read the other postings. It's still an early version. A high-res FFB-Mesh for the road will take a while. Don't expect that Phoenix will be done with it anytime soon.

Tracks like this aren't normally my thing but I just had THE most fun racing with a large pack of MX5 Cups in the mid-morning sun. That car seems perfectly suited for this environment. Thanks @Phoenix77, can't wait to see these trees of which you speak.
:)

Somehow I got a déjà-vu. Didn't you post this a while ago?
Please keep the version number in mind and read the other postings. It's still an early version. A high-res FFB-Mesh for the road will take a while. Don't expect that Phoenix will be done with it anytime soon.

Ooops, you are right, having read the posts... while it wasn't me, someone has mentioned it. Also did not realise Phoenix is the god who also made PCH! :D

Thanks 1000000x for all your hard work Phoenix!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back