LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've always wonder if it were possible to give the Ghost Car a more real car appearance. Essentially have it be a fully rendered car that you clip through while driving.

I've always wonder if it were possible to give the Ghost Car a more real car appearance. Essentially have it be a fully rendered car that you clip through while driving.
Yeah mate that would probably be pretty sweet if that was possible... With most things with Assetto... A lot is possible... but it all depends on the effort involved in tweaking it... I'm sure there's some talented app dev that can do some of these things... If headlights are possible... almost makes me think anything is!

Update on the Hotlap timing in default launcher... The time starts ticking as soon as you load in... But resets to 0:00:00 when crossing the line... on the out lap...
hotlap_timing.jpg

As you can see Ben's trees / rocks are really starting to look epic!

Update on the Hotlap timing in default launcher... The time starts ticking as soon as you load in... But resets to 0:00:00 when crossing the line... on the out lap...
View attachment 262880
As you can see Ben's trees / rocks are really starting to look epic!
i did great, especially here :D :
upload_2018-8-2_10-41-33.png

these trees are just a mess i put all of them in one area to test them all, should be more "organized" when i start covering areas... :coffee:
all in all you won't have much forest, mostly bushes. Bushes everywhere. Bushes that will try to murder you in your sleep :confused:

upload_2018-8-2_10-45-10.png

i did great, especially here :D :
View attachment 262882

these trees are just a mess i put all of them in one area to test them all, should be more "organized" when i start covering areas... :coffee:
all in all you won't have much forest, mostly bushes. Bushes everywhere. Bushes that will try to murder you in your sleep :confused:

View attachment 262883
lol I think when I mentioned the bushes... you might have mis-understood... I wasn't after the George Dubya's lol That hair is a little bit too de-saturated :D

v0.55 should be up later today... Including...
Bens rocks :) (1st version, Ben's working on a few awesome things... But will be good to get these out there for performance feedback)
Much leaner track maps for all layouts...
Freeroam layout maps are zoomed out a little more, useful to see oncoming traffic...
Use the normal / reverse layouts to have a clearer map when learning the main loop.
Basic cameras.ini with only one cam... But it stops any F3 crashes...
Fixed a few rogue polys, thanks to @correca for finding...
Fixed a UV area, thanks to @Mumaransa for spotting...
Moved a couple of signs that were in amongst chevrons which looked wrong.
Correct sidelines for AI normal... Which Correca had right in the first place... somehow I loaded some other sidelines :confused:
2 new layouts... Including....
Freeroam Distant... 60 pit boxes all over the map...
pit_box_map.jpg

Pursuit... 50 pit boxes... 32 at the regular start location... 18 pits miles away at the Hidden Springs tunnel.
new_layouts.jpg

Each Freeroam / Pursuit layout features a text document with pit box number / location... and guide map in their respective layout folder... For servers to decide where to put what cars / vehicles. Should be pretty funny working out where you are when you load in :D
Just going to spend a few hours testing...
To see if there's anything that's been missed... anything not working as it should.

Thanks to @Stereo & @Joshua Widder for the awesome cars on the layout preview :)

Also thanks to @shmafoozius for finding out the track map size was causing the 4 second lag issue.. @CobraCat @AccAkut and other guys in this thread for testing things out... Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Phoenix77 updated LA Canyons with a new update entry:

Rocks, Minor fixes, Leaner Maps, Freeroam Distant & Pursuit Layouts.

View attachment 263262
Added streamlined maps (To fix 4 second lag issues) cheers @correca
Added Basic Track Cameras... only 1 camera... to prevent F3 crash.
Corrected Normal layout AI track boundaries.
Added first version of @Ben O'Bro 's awesome rocks.
Added Freeroam Distant map with 60 pit boxes spread around the area.
Added Pursuit layout... With two groups of cars... One at the regular start area... One at the Hidden Springs tunnel.
Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Phoenix77, mate well done on the track so far. Full credit to you and @Ben O'Bro for undertaking this mammoth task. Ben your rocks look absolutely stunning and I really can’t wait for you guys to start adding in the finer details. The quality so far in VR is amazing. Keep up the awesome work guys.

I did not think we'd get another update so soon. :)
I'll gladly update the server once I get my hands on the update.
Thanks mate, now that literally the groundwork has been laid down... updates should hopefully be a little more frequent :)

Awesome! It is a excellent map to try out my different F1 cars on! SUPER.
Thanks, glad you're enjoying testing out your F1 cars around here... Get any super quick lap records... Post them in a comment over on this thread...
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/la-canyons-0-5-online-car-meet-thread.156805/

@Phoenix77, mate well done on the track so far. Full credit to you and @Ben O'Bro for undertaking this mammoth task. Ben your rocks look absolutely stunning and I really can’t wait for you guys to start adding in the finer details. The quality so far in VR is amazing. Keep up the awesome work guys.
Thanks mate, Ben's work is awesome, and what you've seen so far is just Ben warming up ;)
The trees that are coming are looking epic! I'm so tempted to post a screenshot of them....
But would rather leave them as a massive surprise :D

Nice, we have a few trees on Canyons ;)
LA_Canyons_trees.jpg
Nice find up on Mount Wilson mate :D
Plenty more trees are being planted.... and they're much nicer than those test trees ;)
They were just to test if you'd be able to see the observatory.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%