LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tracks like this aren't normally my thing but I just had THE most fun racing with a large pack of MX5 Cups in the mid-morning sun. That car seems perfectly suited for this environment. Thanks @Phoenix77, can't wait to see these trees of which you speak.
:)
Great to hear that Mascot, yeah there are a lot of fun car choices around these roads... The MX5 Cups are really fun.... I think @correca used an MX5 Cup to record the very long AI lines :)

[USER=9370 said:
@Howie2010[/USER] no worries mate HR FFB's will be coming, they're just going to take a while for over 42kms of them (also a lot of polys)... then another 100kms more!

Cheers, just wondering is the HR FFB the same as all the little bumps that actually make the car move up and down? I am not speaking just about FFB on my wheel, etc... it seems like low cars like the Audi R18, you really feel the road as the car shakes and hops, etc on your PCH track.

Thanks again for everything, where can I d/l the VIP version? Cheers!

Cheers, just wondering is the HR FFB the same as all the little bumps that actually make the car move up and down? I am not speaking just about FFB on my wheel, etc... it seems like low cars like the Audi R18, you really feel the road as the car shakes and hops, etc on your PCH track.

Thanks again for everything, where can I d/l the VIP version? Cheers!
Yeah the HR (High Res) FFB meshes are the bumps you feel as you drive along... including feeling the double yellows in place as you cross over them...
This is an example of what it looks like...
hwy_section_36B.jpg

You wont see any of this in game as luckily it's unrendered.

Where can I find all the trees? That screenshot looks eeeeeepic!

PS:

NcVwDVL.jpg

Hopefully the first of many.
Hey glad to see this one around there! Will be a nice drive!

Trees are... in progress!
By the way you should see the rocks in this version, you need to put world details to maximum.
This will be fixed and improved, for now the rocks are only visible in maximum, i will fix that in future release. As well as trees and bushes... lot of work are going into it!!

tried the variation using ksGrass, looking nice!
I wish ksTree had the same option
lac_screen_ksgrass.gif

I recommend night drive, the experience is much better, makes you also forget the lack of trees for now :p

Hey guys, think we talked about it earlier, but maybe I missed the answer: even though split up, all your surrounding physics grass and parking are rendered, is there no performance gain in copying that layer, make it unrendered, and make the original stay rendered but non-physical?

Hey guys, think we talked about it earlier, but maybe I missed the answer: even though split up, all your surrounding physics grass and parking are rendered, is there no performance gain in copying that layer, make it unrendered, and make the original stay rendered but non-physical?
I think I missed the question mate... in amongst some other comments.
There would be absolutely no gain from copying the rather large 1GRASS meshes.. and making one rendered but non physical.... and making the other physical but not rendered... Might as well have one rendered and physical.

The parking meshes are not amazingly optimal, but they're also pretty small... and pretty spread out... and hidden around a mountain side....
Mountains, natures way of LOD'ing

Anyway mate... stop nosing inside my kn5's and work on your own track :p lol
Release it.. then I'll unpack that... and have a look at your Lidar data work ;)

stupidly_dense_meshes.jpg

Work on the HR FFB meshes is underway... This is the amount of polys for a 500m section.... So for 42km's will be around be around 103 million, before the heightmap / displacement gets applied...
I will thankfully be optimising this back after this to around 1 million polys.

50 variants of heightmaps... with some rotated 180... this equals 100 variants... in different orders... So little to no repetition.

View attachment 266040
Work on the HR FFB meshes is underway... This is the amount of polys for a 500m section.... So for 42km's will be around be around 103 million, before the heightmap / displacement gets applied...

50 variants of heightmaps... with some rotated 180... this equals 100 variants... in different orders... So little to no repetition.
:confused:
can we call the guinness book for this track ?

View attachment 266040

Finally, was getting a little dull to drive this :D

Why not work with 10-15k pr. 500m from the start?

Just curious, always good to know why other trackbuilders do what they do in certain ways, regardless of method.
No worries mate... As you can probably tell by my tracks...
I don't really do things in the 'recommended' way... But then if I did...
I would have probably finished a tiny little track by now, and never even dreamt of doing something so huge!

My methods won't make sense until later on, and there are plenty of other trackbuilders with methods that are far more sensible than mine! :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%