LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 197115

Beware though that AC engine doesn’t work well with injected MSAA and AF from both Nvidia and ATI control panels, so while looking better it will produce less framerate than the in-game equivalent settings

Oh and I forgot, AF is crazy expensive in AC so going above 8x won’t produce that much of a better quality but it will severely hit your fps

I do not think any of these statements are accurate, not based on my experience at least.

I do not think any of these statements are accurate, not based on my experience at least.

about MSAA and AF injection, it was discouraged by devs back in the early access days, and there was even a notification message in the graphics option menu telling the user to only use the in-game MSAA and AF options.

As for AF being costly performance wise, it is a widely known issue with AC engine. In any case, have a look at this

• Deleted member 197115

I can't speak on AA injection as the only thing I was experimenting with in VR was MFAA as enabling it with MSAAx4 improves antialising quality at just about 5% performance loss.

Anisotropic Filtering on the other hand, in NVCPL forced or in game AFx16 yield the same performance, BUT I have seen slight loss of performance with both enabled, so it's better disable one in game if switching to much better NVidia implementation.
Never seen significant performance impact switching between AFx8 and AFx16, I have no doubt it's there and can be measured but it's very small, at least in current state, not in 4 year old version tested in that reddit link.
Have you done any testing yourself recently?

And we are severely off topic of this thread, sorry, my last post on that subj.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you done any testing yourself recently?

No, in truth I haven't ;) I can only say that a couple times I tried switching from 8x to 16x and every time my fps suffered from it, and so I switched back.

Agreed, we risk going too much off topic, let's just say that everyone should try for themselves the different options and see on their particular config which results do they yield :)

Hey guys, so I fixed the issue. I uninstalled my Nvidia driver and rolled back to a late 2019 driver. This one does have the control panel (only seemed to have GE in the latest update? idk). So even without touching the cp, the in-game 16x AF did start working. Roads look much better! I don't know if this is a bug in the newest driver, or if something was just screwed up, but it's good now. I will try turning AF off in-game and set it to 16 in cp now that I'm able, just to try it. Thanks for the help!

Hi, can anyone help me with a problem? It works perfectly in practice mode but whenever I go into a race as to have AI my game crashes or when I load in I just get a black screen.

1594469809478.png

i have problem with starting the map. can you help me with this problem?

Is there a list of which pit boxes are in each pit area for servers? I'd like to be able to group everyone together rather than having everyone scattered all throughout the map. This is for the VIP Freeroam map btw. -EDIT Nvm I'm just dense.

Last edited:
Why can't I get traffic to work. I purchased the Premium version. I had already installed and activated the Main 1.2, so I followed the instructions step by step, installed and activated the Premium mod, them activated the other 3 mods that were on the list. I closed JSGME and started the game. Apparently every mod works except traffic...
I them deactivated all the mods, deleted the mods folder, began installation from scratch, starting with the main version, with same exactl results.
I feel stupid because it's surely something I'm doing wrong, but I just can't figure it out based on the in instructions.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back