LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
It seems like I am being misunderstood.. The thing is that I am installing the MAIN version first, and then VIP, and I get the same error message vice versa no matter. It's ok make fun of me all you want guys, but I'm following the guide exactly as it says.. My first picture may have showed VIP being added before, but I tried both of them. Main first and then VIP, then VIP first and main, for testing purposes.. That's why my initial picture said that VIP was first (I did in fact try both ways initially to begin with, as also stated in my first message). I also had the MAIN prior to owning the VIP, and to be on the safe side I deleted it and started all the way from scratch. Conflict error still appears

Last edited:
No one is making fun of you and we are trying to help, but by the looks of your last screenshot you are still installing via content manager. Do it manually. Remove all instances of LA Canyons (again) from your AC folder and then open the zip files and go through the files in there and then drag the correct contents into your assetto corsa folder. Don't use content manager or JSGME. If you are getting errors then you are doing something wrong.

• Deleted member 197115

It seems like I am being misunderstood.. The thing is that I am installing the MAIN version first, and then VIP, and I get the same error message vice versa no matter. It's ok make fun of me all you want guys, but I'm following the guide exactly as it says.. My first picture may have showed VIP being added before, but I tried both of them. Main first and then VIP, then VIP first and main, for testing purposes.. That's why my initial picture said that VIP was first (I did in fact try both ways initially to begin with, as also stated in my first message). I also had the MAIN prior to owning the VIP, and to be on the safe side I deleted it and started all the way from scratch. Conflict error still appears
Just answer "Yes", VIP supposed to override some files from Main.
Perhaps if we had self contained version of VIP that does not rely on previously installed free version, things could've been easier.
On my end I've just combined them into single mod that I can activate and deactivate as a whole.

Hey man! Unfortunately I get error when installing Main first also.. Look below.. I tried installing Main first and then VIP, but I still get the error message. They just won't work together. I get conflict no matter what I do..

View attachment 376367
That's normal, there are files (From the MAIN) that need to be replaced by the VIP. Most notably the UI preview / outline images.
I noticed you said earlier that you said you had to manually install, and install the MODS folder method... It's an either / or situation, you don't have to do both.

If installing with CM / JSGME do this......

If installing manually do that....

I think you need to remove the LA Canyons 'modules' from the MODS folder.... and delete anything manually installed... e.g delete the la_canyons folder from assettocorsa\content\tracks folder... And start again... copying both the MAIN & VIP (MODS) folders into your ROOT assetto corsa folder... Go into CM and enable MAIN 1st... Then enable the VIP. If it comes up anything about overwriting, just let it. And that should be job done :)

Just answer "Yes", VIP supposed to override some files from Main.
Perhaps if we had self contained version of VIP that does not rely on previously installed free version, things could've been easier.
On my end I've just combined them into single mod that I can activate and deactivate as a whole.
Well a self contained version of the Main and VIP would mean twice the downloading... I've discovered since being on here that some people don't have great internet, and really really don't like downloading more than they have to :D

Personally I think the whole system is pretty simple, for a track that was far far from simple to plan, create and organise.. including documentation, administration and distribution (In the simplest way for everyone). Over 45,000 downloads on RD later... and I'd guestimate that 99.8% of people have had no issues.

Last edited:
You mean drag and drop or even when copying to MODS folder and activating via CM?
I've never had issues with latter but may be I am a bit short on mods installed comparing to others.
I've personally never used the drag and drop method... and probably never will.
I think it's a good idea, with mods, to check inside the folders and see exactly what I'm putting where, know where it is on my hard drive, so things don't get messier than they have to. I also prefer using JSGME, just in case something gets changed with CM and it causes an... incident :D

Hey guys. When i try to join race it says "AI spline might be missing or broken", any help ? Map is working. I can't play with AI bots

Which track type of LA C are you trying this on? Some don't have an ai line, check the documentation that came with the download.
laclo.jpg

Very fun track. Thank you!
Thanks Rob... If you haven't already, jump on an online server with a few friends :) Just search canyons.... There are usually around 70 of them, with various cars. EDIT One word of warning, keep in the right hand lane... And watch out for oncoming traffic that may not be sticking to the right lane (or speed limit) :D

Last edited:
When I try to download the file above it wants to open in notepad and looks like a bunch of odd characters. I was able to download sol shader pack no problem... not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
You'll need the 7Zip program to open the file... https://www.7-zip.org/ or.....

If you get the latest version of WinRAR or whatever program you currently use, you should be able to open it just fine.

Bonus style points Derek, for using this Discussion Thread to ask this question instead of doing so in the review section. Top man! :thumbsup:

You'll need the 7Zip program to open the file... https://www.7-zip.org/ or.....

If you get the latest version of WinRAR or whatever program you currently use, you should be able to open it just fine.

Bonus style points Derek, for using this Discussion Thread to ask this question instead of doing so in the review section. Top man! :thumbsup:
Outstanding thank you for the quick response!! I appreciate the link as well!! Looking forward to a fun weekend cruising SoCal.

In combination with the recent SOL/CSP upgrades this lovely free roam track becomes better and better. After a lot of cruizing through the canyons I finally decided to fire up the downhill Mt Watson. So rewarding when you can park your car at the end of the decent. Imagine this with to high res textures coming soonish ;):thumbsup:

In combination with the recent SOL/CSP upgrades this lovely free roam track becomes better and better. After a lot of cruizing through the canyons I finally decided to fire up the downhill Mt Watson. So rewarding when you can park your car at the end of the decent. Imagine this with to high res textures coming soonish ;):thumbsup:

Thanks mate, High Res textures will be coming as soon as I get all/most of the shadows off the satellite image... Otherwise the 3D Grass can go a little black (like an oil spill) If only the satellite could have been directly overhead! at noon! :D

Thanks also to @onearmedbandit46 for re-showing the Layout Guide... There are a lot of helpful people in this community, thanks to you all for making this a better place :)

Thanks also to over 106,000 downloads of LA Canyons... And over 600 people who taken the time to leave a review! Cheers!

It was good to see (and join) a Pursuit server online the other day... Was fun trying out some box and pit manoeuvres :)
pursuit_server_a.jpg

One little tip though... If you're drifting in front of a cop car... you're making it easy for them to send you into a spin... and off into a canyon :D
pursuit_server_b.jpg

It was about time some law and order was brought to the Canyons! Shame someone couldn't develop a Radar Trap App with it coming up the speed you were caught going :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.