LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
4k render in Max, with a 12k satellite image over the top.
I usually work with a smaller texture to give my PC a break :D
u49XBhJ.jpg

If you zoom in you can see how my new roads align to the real ones :)

looking awesome
Cheers mate, still tons of organising to do, plenty of faces to relax... But it's getting there...

Also have got the new tunnel in place...
Screenshot_bo_caterham_roadster500_la_canyons_14-4-118-19-44-3.jpg

Big thanks to @Ben O'Bro for the custom skin... So I can do my own, personalised 'One Take' :D

And have got a template made up for some of these...
guardrail_test_02.jpg

Just have to pick one or two splines to apply it to... :confused:

looks freaking awesome man.
Thanks mate, it's really starting to gel together... bearing in mind this is only the core of the track. The tunnel reverb is also sounding pretty nice... especially in an R34!

I've learnt a load of things that are going to help all of my track projects, pretty hugely, helped massively by someone who know's his way around Max professionally and knows some awesomely cool tricks. :)

I've also easily managed to optimise all the meshes... down from 5.1 million polys... to 3.7 million... that's before the Pro-optimiser modifier which I will eventually put over all the terrain meshes. I'm holding back on doing that as it makes editing anything further a PITA!

Looks like aiming for an April update was a tiny bit optimistic... over 230km's of road edge has taken a bit more tweaking time than I was expecting... and I've had to widen quite a few passing lane sections on the Crest.... and my available time has been a little limited.

It's still progressing nicely, all the terrain / roads are very very almost signed off as done... Just need to cover a few miles with testing...

I still have 4 and a bit days left in April... We shall see ;)

Looks like aiming for an April update was a tiny bit optimistic... over 230km's of road edge has taken a bit more tweaking time than I was expecting... and I've had to widen quite a few passing lane sections on the Crest.... and my available time has been a little limited.

It's still progressing nicely, all the terrain / roads are very very almost signed off as done... Just need to cover a few miles with testing...

I still have 4 and a bit days left in April... We shall see ;)
don't let yourself push by the gimme gimme gimme crowd, those guys would do half a lap and forget about the track afterwards :whistling: Quality takes times

don't let yourself push by the gimme gimme gimme crowd, those guys would do half a lap and forget about the track afterwards :whistling: Quality takes times
Exactly. It'll be done when it's done. Unless you're on a paid contract to have it done by a certain date, there is no reason to fixate on an exact date...especially with the massive size of your projects. :)

Exactly. It'll be done when it's done. Unless you're on a paid contract to have it done by a certain date, there is no reason to fixate on an exact date...especially with the massive size of your projects. :)
i tried to bribe him couple times but he refused, he's so righteous it's admirable! :D

Last edited:
Yeah cheers... although It's not a bad thing to try and have a loose cut off time.. to help push it along :)

And that's IF they can make it round half of a lap :D... Half a lap is almost the entire length of the Nordschleife :D Just with blind corners with 500ft drop offs.
The way the corners flow now... They won't forget their partial lap ;) :D
I'd say most corners can be taken at well over 90mph.
I was concerned that a narrower road following the real roads pretty closely would mess up the flow, In my opinion they flow much better now.

Yeah mate, cheers... massive projects... Mahoosive almost covers it :laugh:
The next update... although massively different is still only a 0.45... If I go for all of the extra roads having barriers & roadsigns maybe a 0.5

i tried to bribe him couple times but he refused, he's so righteous it's admirable! :D
Thanks mate, righteous and admirable in the same sentence sounds like a cool compliment, cheers! :D

The way the new road flows... I will need to release an update soon...
But if it takes a little longer, it means the guy recording the AI has longer to get some cool lines down. 42km normal and reverse AI lines is no small feat around the Canyons. And has saved me loads of time to actually work on the track :) :cool:

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_countach_la_canyons_29-4-118-21-44-20.jpg

I should easily be able to get 40+ pit slots just on this convenient area... I'm currently going round adding 80+ Layby areas... and have parking areas all over the place :) I have pretty much infinite options as to where to put things.
The only limitations in pit slot numbers being, how many AC can actually handle (server wise) and for AI numbers... How things run performance wise.

Normal and Reverse layouts currently have working AI... and working sector timing... If driving around clockwise was too easy for you... The reverse layout, over 42km's is almost unrecognisable :D

That pavement those Lambos are on looks awesome. Dried out from the hot California sun and cracked due to age, seismic activity and a lack of maintenance...love it.

Thanks mate, it's only a placeholder for now... and there are tons of areas like that of various sizes... most of them along Angeles Crest... It's like California had a buy one ton... get one ton free on tarmac :D

Just to put this post in context... I'm finding this pretty funny! :D

I was thinking of setting up a Patreon page... to manage getting the extra roads to those who have supported my tracks... When the roads are ready.

After making a list of email addresses of the generous donators...
I might not have to bother... 29 donations.. in almost 2 years... and 3 people donated twice. And that's for both my tracks.... Easy job! :D

It would have been 26 people but a 79p donation had a reversal on it lol
And I'm undecided if the 10p donation qualifies as support. I've probably used more than 10p worth of electricity typing out this message :laugh:
But on the flip side... They did do something.

Anyone who's thinking of getting into modding to make money, or anyone thinking I'm rolling in it because I've had over 90,000 downloads... Think again :D

Therefore 73km's of extra roads will be heading their way to the 24 generous people ;) And those generous 24 are worth me putting in the pretty huge effort I have. Cheers for your support on my track making journey :)

I will also choose others who I want to have Angeles Crest, Big Tujunga, Mount Wilson etc. And I might also send the extra roads to those who have left a cool review at a later date. Everyone else will only have the 42km main loop.

Last edited:

I was thinking of setting up a Patreon page... to manage getting the extra roads to those who have supported my tracks... When the roads are ready.

I might not have to bother... 29 donations.. in almost 2 years... and 2 people donated twice. And that's for both my tracks.... Easy job! :D

It would have been 27 people but a 79p donation had a reversal on it lol
And I'm undecided if the 10p donation qualifies as support. I've probably used more than 10p worth of electricity typing out this message :laugh:

Anyone who's thinking of getting into modding to make money, or anyone thinking I'm rolling in it because I've have over 90,000 downloads... Think again :D

Therefore 73km's of extra roads will be heading their way to the 25 generous people ;) And those generous 25 are worth me putting in the pretty huge effort I have. Cheers for your support on my track making journey :)

I will also choose others who I want to have Angeles Crest, Big Tujunga, Mount Wilson etc. And I might also send the extra roads to those who have left a cool review at a later date. Everyone else will only have the 42km main loop.
Funny how you say only 42km

I might not have to bother... 29 donations.. in almost 2 years... and 3 people donated twice. And that's for both my tracks.... Easy job! :D

It would have been 26 people but a 79p donation had a reversal on it lol

Anyone who's thinking of getting into modding to make money, or anyone thinking I'm rolling in it because I've had over 90,000 downloads... Think again :D

Therefore 73km's of extra roads will be heading their way to the 24 generous people ;) And those generous 24 are worth me putting in the pretty huge effort I have. Cheers for your support on my track making journey :)

i will donate when the job will be done :)

I need to say this NHF man...As a SP/road car player I love roads like this and I donated some money(sometimes 2 donations) to makers of tracks like Lake Louise (long time a go shame there is no update it NEEDs one),Tajo(my fav),Lemax tracks etc...
Because they are great to look at and drive...I tried your tracks and to me roads are great but lack of trees,grass ,object are to me so immersion breaking that I just cant drive them until more details are there(I never been ther IRL so Im just sayin what I see whan I play them)...so maybe there are more people who would donate and who think like me.Good luck with all the hard work but I will have to wait a lot more to enjoy yout tracks,I understand thats my problem.NHF.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back