LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
That's what I thought... A few edges to sort out :D

lac_12k_diffuse.jpg

@AccAkut ... When you said you want more green.. I do have satellite images up to 75,000 x 75,000
The above is only using 12k... In game, both these sizes wouldn't be a good idea But I have options to provide these later if it's a good idea. and when I remember what alpha channel lets the diffuse through the detail textures :D
As you can see the diffuse and the meshes line up nicely, over 30km's x 30km :)

I slightly underestimated the length of roads.... It's going to end up at around 115km's...
But already the L.A end of Angeles Crest has an awesome left / right flow to it... I can see why Bikers love it!View attachment 243681
This is the same section as the pic near the top of this page (With the Angeles National Forest sign)

And whoever named Mount Disappointment....
Obviously didn't have @Ben O'Bro 's awesome Caterham ;)
View attachment 243683
View attachment 243684
As you can see... Mount Disappointment Rd, and Mount Wilson Red Box Rd are right near the start :)

Most of the road has conformed reasonably well... But there is still quite a lot of sorting to do...

Wow! You're going to need another coffee so this one's on me, pinged over a donation :)

Wow! You're going to need another coffee so this one's on me, pinged over a donation :)
Thanks mate, that's very kind of you :)
And I will need some seriously strong coffees for this :D
What was I thinking... 115km's... :confused: :roflmao:
But after having driven them all (In various stages of needing work done).. It was a good decision...
One thing I will say is...
With any online freeroam version... Anyone who has trouble meeting up with their friends on Pacific Coast...
Will probably lose their friends on this one! :D

Junctions...

Angeles Crest (Hwy 2) - Angeles Forest Highway
junction_1.jpg

Angeles Forest Highway - Big Tujunga Canyon Road
junction_2.jpg

Angeles Forest Highway - Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road
junction_3.jpg

Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road - Angeles Crest (Hwy 2)
junction_4.jpg

Angeles Crest (Hwy 2) - Mount Wilson Red Box Road
junction_5.jpg

it's a very nice work.
but maps seems as empty as old version (from last year), the only changements are textures and roads add ?
Maybe focus about one main thing, quality is not quantity.

Thanks... But I don't think you're grasping the increase in scale or quality.
I think you missed that this is a completely new, 900km² terrain mesh... lined up to a 75,000 x 75,000 pixel satellite image?

Road textures that were created from 16k x 4k textures, I think that's quality, and quantity.

maybe you need a designer for trees, grass and objects, like Lemaxx, it would be awesome a map made by my both favorite creators.
Maybe I need 48 hours in a day is more like the thing...
Trees and bushes won't be a problem... once the terrain is signed off.
Lemax tracks are great... But I'm sure he has his own projects to work on :thumbsup:

Tracks can take years!!... Ask Lucas how long the 50km Lake Louise took...
or have a try making one yourself... I think you'll be surprised, or maybe horrified :D
Also factor in... I'm pretty much a 3DS newb compared to the other talented track guys... and that I'm doing all this in my spare time...

This track almost never happened in the first place... it will be done when it's done. If you don't want to wait for the few hundred thousand objects to go in, there are plenty of other tracks with objects.

you do know that this is like very very very early alpha version right??? eventually it will have tress grass bushes etc.... give the guy a break lol its not gunna happen over night. :)
Cheers mate, yeah it's still only going to be a 0.4...
Nailing the terrain / road is the big thing (literally lol)
It's like a 900km² pizza base atm.. and it will require quite a few truck loads of toppings :roflmao:

Judging from the time for trees on PCH (around 40,000).... I'm guessing a solid weeks work... and it will certainly have to be KSLAYER'd which will take just a little bit of planning.

your work is nice but :
- your project seems too much big for you, 1 year after, you haven't change from 0.3 to 0.4 = you could finish this map for 2024 , really !!
-You add roads, instead of finishing the first main road....
-Like i said, you need to focus on the main things, why don't you finish only the main 43km track, with grass trees and objetcs ?
- and now you announce that you will make 150km, so that's why your project is never finished.

GTR3 is a vaporware, i'm affraid we could add one more in the list :)
Well, if you finish one day your work, and AC is installed on my computer (i doubt), you will deserve a very good donation.

your work is nice but :
- your project seems too much big for you, 1 year after, you haven't change from 0.3 to 0.4 = you could finish this map for 2024 , really !!
-You add roads, instead of finishing the first main road....
-Like i said, you need to focus on the main things, why don't you finish only the main 43km track, with grass trees and objetcs ?
- and now you announce that you will make 150km, so that's why your project is never finished.

GTR3 is a vaporware, i'm affraid we could add one more in the list :)
Well, if you finish one day your work, and AC is installed on my computer (i doubt), you will deserve a very good donation.
Or you can understand a bit more the spirit of modding.
Doing it for free and on our free time, with nobody pressurizing us.
He doesn't need to anything, he's free of doing what he likes, and how he likes it!
Besides, you can always support modders on the way, even if you don't have the 1.0 just yet, it always helps and gives him (us) courage rather than telling him what to do ;)

@nabila I really would prefer that Phoenix spent what spare time he has continuing to work on this project rather than explaining things to you. Fortunately no one forces you to download it and you've aired your opinion.

your project seems too much big for you
It is a huge project... But it's not too big for me. I'm tough :D
If I was worried about limitations... I wouldn't have started making tracks in the 1st place.

1 year after, you haven't change from 0.3 to 0.4 = you could finish this map for 2024

lol I haven't been working on this for a year... I have plenty of other things to do besides modding.

You add roads, instead of finishing the first main road
I'll add what I like, When I like, for what ever reason I like, and how I like.
Oh and if I want to, i'll take it into 2034 and make a hover bike layout.

and now you announce that you will make 150km
115km... and I've already made it 115km's... All driveable.

Thanks for your offer of a donation... But sorry... you can keep it.
I don't do this for the money. The cool people that have donated so far haven't put any conditions on any donation... They do it because they're generous and actually appreciate my efforts.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%