Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

Hi Everyone,

I've been browsing this site and forum for quite some time now, so I guess it's about time to introduce myself here.

My name is Marcel, I’m from Holland and 47 years old. I've been console (XBOX) racing for the last couple of years, but recently made the change to PC. And with that upgraded my sim config substantially.

I upgraded my Thrustmaster hardware to Fanatec CSW2.5 and CSP3. Changed my Playseat challenge to a simlab P1X and changed the XBOX for a capable PC and triple monitors. So no complaining there I’ll guess ;-)

The most important thing that made upgrading easy was that my girlfriend is almost more into (sim)racing than me. She is a F1 fan, i am more a GT man. So we both use the sim setup a lot.

Anyway, upgraded my racedepartment subscription and ready to do some racing. Looking forward to meet some of you online.

regards,
Marcel

Hello RD folks,

Newbie here, started SIM racing in April during the pandemic. I started with an Xbox One X and a G920 because I wanted a simple OS - focus on the driving and not on computer problems with Windows. I quickly grew tired of the notchy gear feel in the G920 and so upgraded to a Fanatec set, then concluded that the Xbox platform was too limiting and ordered a gaming PC.

On the Xbox I bought Assetto Corsa and really found the career mode helpful in getting to know how to drive the sim because of the number of various cards and tracks it forced me to do. When I switched to the PC last week AC was therefore the first SIM I bought on Steam. I'll likely get ACC once they get it a bit further down the road and then I can see iRacing in my future somewhere as well.

I have all sorts of technical questions both on hardware and software that I'll be searching around for, I hope RD will be a good resource!

Hello everyone,

I'm Vinny, I've been a member for a while browsing the excellent content and resources on RD.
Got into racing titles many years before that due to my interest in cars and motorsport in general. First titles were things like Indy 500, Gran Turismo, GP Legends, GTR, TOCA etc...showing my age there!
Bought my first decent sim hardware (G25) to race in GT Legends which I really enjoyed and since then have messed around with other titles. Recently upgraded to Fantec's Clubsport bundle and spending time hot lapping in Assetto Corsa, which has been amazing fun. Would like to start online racing but I'm a bit crap, hopefully see you guys on the track soon!

Hello again after many years away, I was a member here a very long time ago and have recently dusted off my sim and upgraded the PC and got back into it.
Unfortunately my old login details are long dead so had to start again

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back