E3 2018 - Assetto Corsa Competizione First Gameplay

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC First Gameplay 3.jpg ACC First Gameplay 4.jpg ACC First Gameplay 5.jpg ACC First Gameplay 6.jpg ACC First Gameplay 2.jpg ACC First Gameplay.jpg
With E3 now in full swing over in LA, the team behind Assetto Corsa Competizione have revealed first gameplay from this exciting upcoming sim racing title...

We've had a couple of videos already from the title in action as driven by guests at the E3 event in LA, but today Kunos Simulazioni have released what we've all been waiting for, in game capture footage of ACC direct from the work in progress version of the title... driven by someone who knows what they are doing too!

Using Unreal 4 as the core game engine, it is immediately noticeable even at this early stage of development how much of an improvement the graphics are in the upcoming game over the current Assetto Corsa title, a simulation which frankly still does a very solid job of holding its own in the graphics department despite its relative grand old age in the sim racing arena.

Now that Steam Early Access deployment is getting closer (remember we are expecting a "summer" release at the moment), Kunos have taken to the E3 2018 event with a playable version of Assetto Corsa Competizione, running the software on the Thrustmaster stand for visitors to have a go around the Monza circuit as the title makes its public debut over in Los Angeles..

On a side note, if you want to kill some time until more info on ACC is released, why not check out the ACC Wish List thread and leave a comment, or watch our exclusive interview with Stefano and Marco on their hopes and plans for the new title HERE and HERE

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Exciting times for sim racing fans, tell us what your impressions are below!

Last edited:
Forgot Gravel?

But Gravel has a framerate in busy sections/rain that would make a 'What the Butler Saw' mutoscope blush, even on Xbox One X and high end PCs. MotoGP 18 runs well even at 4K in career mode though it can still stutter with a lot going on. MotoGP 18 isn't so good online though, lots of framerate stutter, lag and collision detection issues. There is also that overly glaring effect of red colours especially in low light/night conditions with UE4, Gravel has some awful tracks as a result. It looks good in stylised FPS type games like Gears but it looks wrong in racing games so far.

Was I the only one mildly amused that they seemed to start the video with an advert for GT Sport, Polyphony PS4 Pro and Sony? Seemed a strange choice of car and livery to me but many have inadvertently advertised for others so it's nothing new. Or was this a veiled attempt at some backhanded comment about GT Sport?

For me the unique and standout feature of AC on PC was always the steering feel and close to real car handling. No video can convey that so it's impossible to comment further. It looks/sounds about the same as all the other similar games at the moment, nothing stand out in that department. There is nothing so far in the graphics department that will have Project CARS 2, GT Sport or Forza worried.

If Kunos do early access right for ACC on PC again, at a reasonable sub £30 price, then I'll give it a go for sure.

My only concern remains if they have the ability to switch to UE and if UE is any good for racing games. Kunos's deeply flawed attempts to port AC to console shows they struggled with a change in technology before. Oops I see we are not supposed to be bringing up the failures in Kunos's past but as no such rule is applied to other games I think the point stands. Even if this game were to come to console I won't buy it until I've actually played it on a consumer console and see that it actually lives up to the hype this time. As good as AC/Kunos are on PC they remain as poor on console.

You can really notice the downsides of video games using Temporal Anti Aliasing in this title..
Did you notice the lack of shimmer on the rear of the cars as the headlights hit them , and the lack of flickering textures everywhere ! unlike pC2 !
I think the way the water flows off the wheels in the rain looks amazing as does the night lighting .
pC2 should be worried for their supposed PC sim looking the best is now being dethroned !
This looks pretty amazing .

I didn't know this thread was exclusively about saying how good ACC and never comparing it with AC, if that comparison means it's inferior in any aspect.
No, it's about a game based on a GT series, so why the hell are people moaning about there only being GT cars in it? I have no issue with people moaning about things that are relevant

I think visually, the sim looks like its moved a step ahead. I like the depth of the shadows and the post processing isn’t overdone like some UE4 titles. There are a few niggles here and there like the trees popping-in, but overall it looks good. I listened to the Ferrari 488 footage and to me at least, the 488 engine sounds better in AC, not sure what the change is there, but from listening to onboard videos there is a much more metallic growl which I can’t hear in the ACC footage, again, maybe its WIP.

Pre Alpha is the term used by Kunos, so yes, very much WIP

OK. It reached PC2 parity graphics wise. I'm playing PC2 @ 4K/60 fps maxed out and cannot say I was super impressed by these videos. rF2 at that resolution/framerate can also sometimes give PC2 a run for its money.

Last edited:
After like 4 or 5 times launching a new race game I always mute the music. ACC is not even in early access yet and I already want to do that by just watching the gameplay videos lol

Instrumental guitar rock/hard rock imo works well with racing games (although not everyone's thing), it's often used in racing related TV broadcasts too. But there should be more than 1 song :D And the chord structure is kinda predictable

Good soundtrack could really give the game some "game like presentation" that HC sims often lack. Stefano plays guitar maybe he could compose it? Or what Wreckfest did, announcing a competition for music https://wreckfest.audiodraft.com/ When it's unknown bands/artists, you can get that relatively cheap

Some will always disable music, no matter how good it is though. Perhaps own music could be allowed to use (like AMS does, you basically drop any songs to a folder = your menu music)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back