E3 2018 - Assetto Corsa Competizione First Gameplay

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC First Gameplay 3.jpg ACC First Gameplay 4.jpg ACC First Gameplay 5.jpg ACC First Gameplay 6.jpg ACC First Gameplay 2.jpg ACC First Gameplay.jpg
With E3 now in full swing over in LA, the team behind Assetto Corsa Competizione have revealed first gameplay from this exciting upcoming sim racing title...

We've had a couple of videos already from the title in action as driven by guests at the E3 event in LA, but today Kunos Simulazioni have released what we've all been waiting for, in game capture footage of ACC direct from the work in progress version of the title... driven by someone who knows what they are doing too!

Using Unreal 4 as the core game engine, it is immediately noticeable even at this early stage of development how much of an improvement the graphics are in the upcoming game over the current Assetto Corsa title, a simulation which frankly still does a very solid job of holding its own in the graphics department despite its relative grand old age in the sim racing arena.

Now that Steam Early Access deployment is getting closer (remember we are expecting a "summer" release at the moment), Kunos have taken to the E3 2018 event with a playable version of Assetto Corsa Competizione, running the software on the Thrustmaster stand for visitors to have a go around the Monza circuit as the title makes its public debut over in Los Angeles..

On a side note, if you want to kill some time until more info on ACC is released, why not check out the ACC Wish List thread and leave a comment, or watch our exclusive interview with Stefano and Marco on their hopes and plans for the new title HERE and HERE

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Exciting times for sim racing fans, tell us what your impressions are below!

Last edited:
Instrumental guitar rock/hard rock imo works well with racing games (although not everyone's thing), it's often used in racing related TV broadcasts too. But there should be more than 1 song :D And the chord structure is kinda predictable

Good soundtrack could really give the game some "game like presentation" that HC sims often lack. Stefano plays guitar maybe he could compose it? Or what Wreckfest did, announcing a competition for music https://wreckfest.audiodraft.com/ When it's unknown bands/artists, you can get that relatively cheap

Some will always disable music, no matter how good it is though. Perhaps own music could be allowed to use (like AMS does, you basically drop any songs to a folder = your menu music)
I love rock n roll, but found this one a bit annoying, or it's just because like I watched 10 videos and it had the same thing at the beginning :D

FIRST THINGS I NOTICED

1: WOW HE PRESSES THE IGNITION BUTTON. WITH VR AND BUTTON BOX THAT WILL BE SO IMMERSIVE.

2: WOW THE SOUNDS ARE SO REALISTIC MUCH BETTER THAN AC!!!!!!

3: WOW THE TRACK LOOKS LIKE GRAND TURISMO SPORT - MAYBE EVEN BETTER!?!?!?! LOOKS INSANELY GOOD

4: WOW THERE IS ALSO ANIMATION FOR STEERING WHEEL BUTTONS OMG VR WILL BE INSAAAAAANEEEEEEEEE

5: WOW THE NET INSIDE THE CAR MOVES IMERRSION OMG AGAIN VR WILL BE INSAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

6: hand movements when turning the steering wheel full lock kinda badly done, but its not finalised yet

7: SOUNDS WHEN U BUMP CURBS AND OR DRIVE OVER THEM IS SO GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

8: HE TOUCHED THE BUTTON BOX WHILST DRIVING??!?!! OMG YES YES VR WILL BE INSAAAAAANEEEEEE

9: Mirror looks pixilated

10: SHADOWS ARE REALLY GOOD

REALISATION NUMBER 11: OMG I AM GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE A WEEK OFF WORK WHEN THIS GAME COMES OUT, MAYBE I CAN SAY MY CAT DIED?

SORRY FOR CAPSLOCK I AM JUST SO SO SO EXCITED

• Deleted member 205301

...Well....
I'm not really enthousiastic about it. I'll wait, and later see if it's good or not.
Must to say that I totally don't care about graphics, what I'm looking for is great physics. In my opinion, AC is not "really" a sim (good physics, but too simple to be realistic), and i'm afraid this title will be the same (that don't mean i don't apreciate AC)... Until the game' release we cannot judge it, so, we'll see ... I hope I'm wrong.
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. But I find it hard to sponsor guys that acts like this.

Sure those guys got at each other in a forum thread before this happened but this is such an unprofessional act from Stefano it's not even funny.
Few years ago I had a strong discussion with Stefano in DrivingItalia forum and the discussion was about physics of AC early access and sadly he was very harsh and disrespectful with me. The worst part was I got banned without any reason. DrivingItalia site is such a fanboy of Kunos and Stefano and you just can’t criticize Kunos there.....yea, in private he is not that a gentle man.

The trailer looks nice, I think we're off to a promising start... Someone on youtube commented that Kunos might use ACC as something of a preview of what a possible AC2 could be, kinda like what Polyphony did with the Prologue games. To me this is probably more like what EA has done in the past with FIFA, releasing a separate World Cup title along with the main series.

Anyway, one thing bothers me though... how can a game with a "Summer 2018" release date still be in pre-alpha?

FIRST THINGS I NOTICED

1: WOW HE PRESSES THE IGNITION BUTTON. WITH VR AND BUTTON BOX THAT WILL BE SO IMMERSIVE.

2: WOW THE SOUNDS ARE SO REALISTIC MUCH BETTER THAN AC!!!!!!

3: WOW THE TRACK LOOKS LIKE GRAND TURISMO SPORT - MAYBE EVEN BETTER!?!?!?! LOOKS INSANELY GOOD

4: WOW THERE IS ALSO ANIMATION FOR STEERING WHEEL BUTTONS OMG VR WILL BE INSAAAAAANEEEEEEEEE

5: WOW THE NET INSIDE THE CAR MOVES IMERRSION OMG AGAIN VR WILL BE INSAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

6: hand movements when turning the steering wheel full lock kinda badly done, but its not finalised yet

7: SOUNDS WHEN U BUMP CURBS AND OR DRIVE OVER THEM IS SO GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

8: HE TOUCHED THE BUTTON BOX WHILST DRIVING??!?!! OMG YES YES VR WILL BE INSAAAAAANEEEEEE

9: Mirror looks pixilated

10: SHADOWS ARE REALLY GOOD

REALISATION NUMBER 11: OMG I AM GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE A WEEK OFF WORK WHEN THIS GAME COMES OUT, MAYBE I CAN SAY MY CAT DIED?

SORRY FOR CAPSLOCK I AM JUST SO SO SO EXCITED
Amazing...just put some flashing graphics on screen and peeps bow like ur a god....even if the physics are as flat as a dime...
The PC sim times are over. DCS is the only worthy sim for PC. The rest is all console crap. Im getting too old for this

Anyway, one thing bothers me though... how can a game with a "Summer 2018" release date still be in pre-alpha?
because summer 2018 is release date of early access, not to mention you as a dev can call development stage however you like, pre alpha, beta, gamma. While those are different terms, in practice doesnt mean much and in most cases and loosely used

because summer 2018 is release date of early access, not to mention you as a dev can call development stage however you like, pre alpha, beta, gamma. While those are different terms, in practice doesnt mean much and in most cases and loosely used
Also this build shown in the event may be very old, they find the first one that show what they want to show and is not crashing = choosen for public preview.

• Deleted member 205301

...Well....
I'm not really enthousiastic about it. I'll wait, and later see if it's good or not.
Must to say that I totally don't care about graphics, what I'm looking for is great physics. In my opinion, AC is not "really" a sim (good physics, but too simple to be realistic), and i'm afraid this title will be the same (that don't mean i don't apreciate AC)... Until the game' release we cannot judge it, so, we'll see ... I hope I'm wrong.
@++

Why some people disagree with this ?
Could we know if it's good before the release ? no. So what's wrong with fanboys ?
....Agree with

Boby Kim

maybe I'm getting too old for simracing games....(and yeah, DCS is really something^^)
@++

I think it looks good but that's to only opinion anyone can have at this point unless you were at E3. You don't know what the AI was set at or how good the people actually are.

So far the rain is underwhelming and the rainscreen effects looks half done. Part of the challenge of rain racing is visibility and you can see perfectly fine out of the windshield.

Another thing is I hope there isn't a 22 or 20 car max. Makes no sense to simulate an endurance series then only allow 20 cars at a time.

How to make a "next gen" sim:

- Take a 10 years old graphic engine (do not try anything new...too pcar ish)

- Yup, DirectX9... it's "proved" that any further version is just useless

- Content? Nah...Start with 1 or two cars...different classes... 10 years apart is the better choice

Track? Fictional is good.

Don't forget, this is important: Release everything else piecemal... (nothing related with the first release is the best strategy....plenty of "to be released" new content "in the future")

- Features? Nah, cmon, to pcar ish... things like dynamic weather are "overrated". Just say that you will always drive under "optimum conditions".

Done.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back