E3 2018 - Assetto Corsa Competizione First Gameplay

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC First Gameplay 3.jpg ACC First Gameplay 4.jpg ACC First Gameplay 5.jpg ACC First Gameplay 6.jpg ACC First Gameplay 2.jpg ACC First Gameplay.jpg
With E3 now in full swing over in LA, the team behind Assetto Corsa Competizione have revealed first gameplay from this exciting upcoming sim racing title...

We've had a couple of videos already from the title in action as driven by guests at the E3 event in LA, but today Kunos Simulazioni have released what we've all been waiting for, in game capture footage of ACC direct from the work in progress version of the title... driven by someone who knows what they are doing too!

Using Unreal 4 as the core game engine, it is immediately noticeable even at this early stage of development how much of an improvement the graphics are in the upcoming game over the current Assetto Corsa title, a simulation which frankly still does a very solid job of holding its own in the graphics department despite its relative grand old age in the sim racing arena.

Now that Steam Early Access deployment is getting closer (remember we are expecting a "summer" release at the moment), Kunos have taken to the E3 2018 event with a playable version of Assetto Corsa Competizione, running the software on the Thrustmaster stand for visitors to have a go around the Monza circuit as the title makes its public debut over in Los Angeles..

On a side note, if you want to kill some time until more info on ACC is released, why not check out the ACC Wish List thread and leave a comment, or watch our exclusive interview with Stefano and Marco on their hopes and plans for the new title HERE and HERE

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Exciting times for sim racing fans, tell us what your impressions are below!

Last edited:
I am so looking forward to ACC.
I love Assetto Corsa and what it brought us in terms of physics, setup, telemetry, aero, collecting cars and tracks, some of the very best mods sim racing has seen since the first guy started it all with a kitchen table, chair, a broom and a salad bowl.

There is no doubt in the abilities of the Kunos core team to deliver on the same qualities we already have in Assetto Corsa come time the title will be final and polished.

I jumped into Kunos sims with the first netKar up to what we have today. I am willing to cope with incompleteness as long as you can clearly diss that development on the title is active and going in the right direction (something other developers over the years sadly could not accomplish).

These first preview videos show nothing new to me, no surprises and certainly would I never make up my mind about features, quality and content based on these videos.

I don't se anything exceptional in these videos I would not already come to expect to be featured in a final AAA UE4 title.
I see in these videos no new or exceptional features we did not have had in the short history of serious sim racing titles since the early 1990's (which is when I started with this whole affair).

I have no negative or positive points to take away from thee videos other than:

Kunos should not have released these videos to the public as this thread shows:
some people will always be able to talk up issues from thin air, expectations and assumptions which at this point are simply unrealistic to make as none of us has had their hands on a running version just yet.

The videos show no nasty surprises. they also show no surprises otherwise. It is just a hey guys look we have done this work on this title coming to use an entirely new graphics engine - that is how it looks so far.

I am looking forward to the pre-release and have already updated my computer for that and warmed the plastic to be just on perfect Betriebstemperatur to ensure a speedy payment transaction as soon as the early access becomes available.

I agree with some of the comments. I don't expect a racing sim to have thousands of cars like Gran Turismo or Project Cars, but at least some variety is always good. In this sense Assetto Corsa was almost perfect (lack of rally cars). This new game looks too focused on GT3. Great for fans of that kind of cars and races, but for many it will be a bit boring. I also think they went the easy way with this decission. It's much more complicated to simulate many different cars, and it involves much more work too. On a sim I like the freedom to do different things. One day I may feel like joining a serious race of GT3s, following every rule, but other day I may want to add some random cars to Nords and have fun.

Read this...
683c70e6c509ad7738bf1a0ad2f8f1db.png

Watch this..
this is not direct recorded audio there is too many issues for me to believe its true far from it.
then compare this.
this engine has audio and visual issues, youll be lucky if its released at xmas looking here,
watching other resources online and closely checking the videos,
there is massive issues with shadows and reflections, yes something to look at and improve upon,
but so far, I am far from impressed.
wow no way near :D

Aristotelis explained in the Facebook group that the sound we know from the TV Cockpit is a sound recorded from a GoPro, with high frequency emphasized.
In real life, the sound inside the cockpit has many less hissing, and is more heavy.

I agree with some of the comments. I don't expect a racing sim to have thousands of cars like Gran Turismo or Project Cars, but at least some variety is always good. In this sense Assetto Corsa was almost perfect (lack of rally cars). This new game looks too focused on GT3. Great for fans of that kind of cars and races, but for many it will be a bit boring. I also think they went the easy way with this decission. It's much more complicated to simulate many different cars, and it involves much more work too. On a sim I like the freedom to do different things. One day I may feel like joining a serious race of GT3s, following every rule, but other day I may want to add some random cars to Nords and have fun.

Freedom vs actual racing series... that's the thing. I guess for them was kind of imposed (either by budget or by contract) that once they have secured the Blancpain series, there will be no more content outside such series in that title. It might be too little at the moment, but I think for Kunos, it will be a good opportunity to develop a new platform that can be used for future titles.

Well anyone who recorded music (like drums, guitars) knows that the microphone type used and it's angle and position affects the outcome at least as much, than what you actually were recording...

I don't envy the people who need to record these cars, impossible task. Because you can't extract stuff like transmission whine and road noise from it, just like that. Everything is in one big mess. Can't even imagine the trickery they use, to make it actually work.

Last edited:
I think visually, the sim looks like its moved a step ahead. I like the depth of the shadows and the post processing isn’t overdone like some UE4 titles. There are a few niggles here and there like the trees popping-in, but overall it looks good. I listened to the Ferrari 488 footage and to me at least, the 488 engine sounds better in AC, not sure what the change is there, but from listening to onboard videos there is a much more metallic growl which I can’t hear in the ACC footage, again, maybe its WIP.

Duh, that's the whole point: it is completely, totally, -pay attention now-, FOCUSED on Blancpain GT3 because they acquired the bloody license (and envisioned a successor to GTR2). And no it is not the easy way out: by focussing on a single class they can step up the in depth AI programming. Advice: stick to AC. This is not for you.

GT3 cars are my first love after buying mysefl a Wheel...only wish that the game has maybe some GTE or LMP cars but even whit GT3 it`s a must buy.

More important is the driving and race simulation for me, if it`s done good game will be perfect for me even whit gt3 cars only.

I think that they deserve it and it`s a must instant buy for me :)

Ofcourse I am following the project, as every new sim is interesting. That said, I am not overly impressed by the visuals and especialy the tree rendering looks terrible with the trees being very blocky and popping in and out agressively, wich reminds me of PUBG. Even AC is doing a better job in that regard. AI still seems to be very unconsistent and the wonky cockpit shaking is still there. I would also like to know wich hardware they used and how dynamic the track and the weather really is. Other than that I would have liked them to get a few things done and fixed for AC before they move on to ACC, because right now I feel as I am spending my money for the same content all over again just to get a few needed fixes - with a few exceptions ofcourse. And how the game really performs in terms of physics and FFB needs to be seen. So happy tea-time :)

Personally same cars and tracks in many sims they can get bit monotonous

I would like sims to go full circle back to single series like this sim and no more beta or endless fixes

Still waiting for a Historic GP sim and every man and his dog wanted WSC for years and now youngsters want WEC
I would give up 90% of cars and tracks in all sims to have GPL2 and WSC

Then don't buy it or comment, I mean, you wouldn't watch the codemasters F1 trailer and then moan about the lack of Rally Cars???

Ofcourse I am following the project, as every new sim is interesting. That said, I am not overly impressed by the visuals and especialy the tree rendering looks terrible with the trees being very blocky and popping in and out agressively, wich reminds me of PUBG. Even AC is doing a better job in that regard. AI still seems to be very unconsistent and the wonky cockpit shaking is still there. I would also like to know wich hardware they used and how dynamic the track and the weather really is. Other than that I would have liked them to get a few things done and fixed for AC before they move on to ACC, because right now I feel as I am spending my money for the same content all over again just to get a few needed fixes - with a few exceptions ofcourse. And how the game really performs in terms of physics and FFB needs to be seen. So happy tea-time :)

You (and others in this thread) do understand what "Pre-Alpha" is right? You know what it means? You do understand that all this footage is of a "Work In Progress" and not the final product.....right?

If not I fear for humanity itself!

You (and others in this thread) do understand what "Pre-Alpha" is right? You know what it means? You do understand that all this footage is of a "Work In Progress" and not the final product.....right?

If not I fear for humanity itself!

I know what pre alpha means. But the fact that AI was hit and mis from the early days in AC till now, keeps me in a rather sceptical state and the same applies to all other mentioned issues. As said, I will reserve my final judgement until the game is released, but so far I see mostly cosmetical improvements in ACC with a few very obvious rendering issues that surprise me for the fact that they are using a very advanced engine. What I will give them though is that the sound has improved alot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back