E3 2018 - Assetto Corsa Competizione First Gameplay

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC First Gameplay 3.jpg ACC First Gameplay 4.jpg ACC First Gameplay 5.jpg ACC First Gameplay 6.jpg ACC First Gameplay 2.jpg ACC First Gameplay.jpg
With E3 now in full swing over in LA, the team behind Assetto Corsa Competizione have revealed first gameplay from this exciting upcoming sim racing title...

We've had a couple of videos already from the title in action as driven by guests at the E3 event in LA, but today Kunos Simulazioni have released what we've all been waiting for, in game capture footage of ACC direct from the work in progress version of the title... driven by someone who knows what they are doing too!

Using Unreal 4 as the core game engine, it is immediately noticeable even at this early stage of development how much of an improvement the graphics are in the upcoming game over the current Assetto Corsa title, a simulation which frankly still does a very solid job of holding its own in the graphics department despite its relative grand old age in the sim racing arena.

Now that Steam Early Access deployment is getting closer (remember we are expecting a "summer" release at the moment), Kunos have taken to the E3 2018 event with a playable version of Assetto Corsa Competizione, running the software on the Thrustmaster stand for visitors to have a go around the Monza circuit as the title makes its public debut over in Los Angeles..

On a side note, if you want to kill some time until more info on ACC is released, why not check out the ACC Wish List thread and leave a comment, or watch our exclusive interview with Stefano and Marco on their hopes and plans for the new title HERE and HERE

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Exciting times for sim racing fans, tell us what your impressions are below!

Last edited:
Lots of comments here from people who seem to have forgotten that this is *pre-alpha* game footage. Still a long way from the final product...

Boggles the mind. I will never understand why some can't just relax, kick back , enjoy the videos and screenshots. Instead they get all uptight and act as if their very lives depend on every minute detail in this sim being absolutely perfect to their requirements. If you ain't having fun, it's time to pack it up and find a new hobby. :whistling::thumbsup:

What blue tint. Imo color palette looked perfectly real and natural, unlike AC.
The colors in direct light are fine, but everything in shadow is too blueish, @Gopher04 is right. It looks just like if you take a picture (or record a video) with a camera and set your white balance to daylight - you'll get correct colors in direct light, but shadows will be blueish. Human eyes do not work like cameras, though, when it comes to "white balance".

Still, this is certainly much better than The Turquoise Simulator, aka rF2.

The other videos look better. This one feels more like a first Pcars wannabe. Not impressed. But the other three videos are quite nice. A bit rough for a game with a supposed release in 2018 summer. The rain effects look good.

Im actually happy at the lack of content, sounds stupid i know but i want to play a complete game, pcars2 would have probably been stunning if they focused on a a series and balanced it properly and refined all the cars. I really dont want another game with any car they can get a licence for, give me complete racing series any day and if they bag another licence slap it in the game charge £15 thanks very much. A bloody RACING game finally!

this game needs solid ai not like ac or pcars2 stupid ai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and please different cars i hate gt3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!there is no challenge with this cars.
Its already been confirmed as the official Blancpain game. Why don't people understand this simple concept?
If you don't like GT3 don't buy it... simple.
Plus, of course there is challenge, when you race people of your skill level in, pretty much anything really... your comment makes no sense.

The other videos look better. This one feels more like a first Pcars wannabe. Not impressed. But the other three videos are quite nice. A bit rough for a game with a supposed release in 2018 summer. The rain effects look good.
The Early Access comes out in Summer. Not the complete title...

this game needs solid ai not like ac or pcars2 stupid ai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and please different cars i hate gt3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!there is no challenge with this cars.
Bit of a contradiction in terms, you want better AI (presumably for a challenge) then say there is no challenge... Or just a sim snob, i dont hear many RL GT3 drivers complain that the cars arnt challenging, of course they are easy to drive fast but the challenge is being faster than someone who drives damn near perfectly. So i presume you are topping the leaderboards in GT3 as they are no challenge for you. :O_o:

Its already been confirmed as the official Blancpain game. Why don't people understand this simple concept?
If you don't like GT3 don't buy it... simple.

That's exactly the funny side of us, customers. We don't even agree on what we want! ::laugh:
I have read many complaints on forums about AC and its lack of a "true racing series"... or too many road cars.... or too many Ferraris... ok, so given that F1 license belongs to Codemasters, what else is left? Australian Supercars? or any other stock-car based series that is not so popular outside its region? To me, the Blancpain series is a sensible choice. You might not like the cars, fair enough, but it's still widely known (I guess that people will have no difficulties in finding a tv broadcast of a race or even the whole championship).
If the game is good, you can have fun no matter what car you're driving.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%