Assetto Corsa Competizione Wish List

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,649
    Ok folks so we know what it is, we know when it's coming and we know it has the Blancpain GT Series licence. But what else do you want to see in the title? Let us know your wish list requests in the comments section below..

SIM RACING IS AWESOME!

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Patrick Wuyts

Patrick Wuyts

Ratings:
    +14
    grid girls lol

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Haha Haha x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  3. dud

dud
    Premium

Ratings:
    +66
    At least bring in LMP cars in addition to GT3. Next step would be different years, especially the past with Carrera 997 etc.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. McKiernan

McKiernan

Ratings:
    +18
    Modability. It will need more tracks.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle
    Banned

Ratings:
    +2,728
    Community says they wish things could be like the old days when developers focused on one series. Kunos delivers and now the community wants more tracks and cars. Go figure.
    --------------
    Realistic flat spotting of tires
    Live Crew Chief/Spotter
    Ability to schedule pit stop with voice commands
    Ability to stall/kill the engine
    Manual pit road limiter
    Rolling starts
    RSR style leaderboard with Hotlap (static optimal conditions) feature
    Livetrack/Realroad - rubber is laid down where the cars drive
    Realistic wet surface behavior
    Realistic gravel traps
    Advanced damage model, both visual and mechanical

• Agree Agree x 32
    • Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter

Ratings:
    +160
    Add more complete series over time as DLCs - Asia GT, GT4, WEC, WTRC, maybe a classic series, like the IMSA GTO or something like that would be nice imo.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium

Ratings:
    +906
    Transmission flex, both physical and sound.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
  8. Metla

Metla

Ratings:
    +121
    I'm willing to sit back, Let Kunos devise a road map of awesome features and just impress the pants off me.

And laser scanned Bathurst. Do that and you can have my first born son.

Having said that, My first born son is now a teenager and a major pain in the arse....so...free to a good home.

• Haha Haha x 17
    • Love Love x 2
  9. Shap

Shap

Ratings:
    +106
    • Create a fictional team. With an ingame livery designer (proper sponsors layer). Team championships.
    • Free car selection online.
    • Transmission wobble simulation.
    • Realistic wet weather (driving lines).

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  10. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +224
    Modern multiplayer, race hosting interface, something akin to what Project Cars uses. No seperate sever app to launch, no need to open ports on your router, etc.

Heck LFS had in game multiplayer race hosting back in 2003, so there is no excuse for this not to exist in 2018

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Peter Kerényi

Peter Kerényi

Ratings:
    +193
    • Content-wise: I would be perfectly happy to start with the full 2018 Blancpain GT Series (at release, and that is for certain I think). In the future I'd welcome more series even if only within the SRO, such as Intercontinental GT Challenge, Blancpain Asia, British GT, PWC, GT4s, future Blancpain seasons, etc. and that Ultracar Sports Club would add a lot of diversity and they have a lot of cars made in AC. But I can't stress it enough, I am very happy even if I only get the whole Blancpain 2018 grid and calendar, I love GT3s and I love that we are getting a full package. Anything else is just a bonus. Other SRO series would be great for the tracks at least.

• Feature-wise: Of course simulation of more and more things doesn't hurt, I have no doubts in Kunos on that front. What I would like to see, that I love in other sims, is the Manual Pit Limiter and Data Display Pages. Also separate control of high-beam and flashing lights (although basically we already have it in AC). Proper starts, clutch, engine control. Cooldown lap. Oh and the best possible AI (no pressure guys). I am not much of an online racer, due to the lack of time at least, but I am sure it will be good. I don't have any specific wishes. Maybe only something that restricts duplicates of the same car livery racing at the same time.

From the trailer I really like those fancy light strips they have on GT3s at night, animated marshalls, and the position lights working for different categories.

One little cool thing I would like to see is something that I saw at Slovakiaring where I watched an FIA CEZ race. There is a display next to the start lights that shows the laps or time remaining. I don't know how is it on other tracks IRL but it would be something cool to have. Just to be able to race without any HUD elements. :)
    IMG_20160820_135654.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. chksix01

chksix01

Ratings:
    +3
    I wish for GT4 in the future to get more use out of the Ginettas :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker.

Ratings:
    +3,422
    I agree:thumbsup: And will add "Proper smart AI with the same physics" and "absolute proper Director mode replays".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +709
    I imagine that they’ll add more racing series in the future so I’d totally go berserk if they added a Group C or IMSA GTP/GTO pack. A 70s Can Am pack would also be awesome. Something for the retro minded. :cool:

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. mibrandt

mibrandt

Ratings:
    +40
    Safety Car would be cool :)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Stepy

Stepy

Ratings:
    +27
    Wish list requests :
    1 Modability
    2 Working pit / start lights.
    3 Smarter A.I - that defend the inside line, use more slipstream,(pull out of slipstream later) use slipstream of car in front even if car in front is defending inside line, A.I setups for each track.
    4 Mechanical failures. (visual & performance impacting)
    5. Realistic damage. (visual & performance impacting)
    6 Slick UI, main menu music , loading screens.
    7 Start from garage during practice, quali, Live timing monitor while in garage .
    8 Better car setup screen.
    9. Crewchief (or something similar)
    10 . Animated flag Marshalls
    This might be the next GTR2 (whatever happened to gtr3 anyway?)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  17. dud

dud
    Premium

Ratings:
    +66
    Let us do our own "AI" in Python or whatever. The existing interface on the input side is pretty much there, it would just be nice if we could send HID inputs directly with a game interface instead of fake OS level drivers.

This has the positive side-effect that the player base beats up the developing company less over the "lousy AI" and goes tinker for themselves. From my observation the need to create and maintain programmed opponents is a huge drain on game development companies. And the code written has very little to do with the rest of the codebase.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +269
    I'm not going to repeat what's already been said so fine ....
    Add just to the list realistic race penalties .... and we'll all be happy, I'm sure.

For server admins, more settings possible of course and a special server race replay feature

NB: more cars and tracks will be for a next AC opus: ACC might be a perfect preparation for .. AC2 in another later future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff

Ratings:
    +1,336
    What would be absolutely awesome I guess would be a
    broadcast-second-screen thingy with drivers, cameras, a livemap etc.
    What bothers me the most about AC broadcasts are the cuts when changing camera or car. It's just a pain for the eyes compared to the beautiful Raceroom streams :(

20. Guillaume Francois

Guillaume Francois

Ratings:
    +145
    Totally agree @Michael Hornbuckle !
    My wish list, it would be nice to add:
    Spectator mode so we can watch races.
    Safety car for rolling starts and big crashes.
    Detailed and realistic damage and mechanical failure.

I bought the game for xmas 2013, near 2400 hours played, i'm still not bored. I loved every update and content so far, And i'm sure @kunos will surprise us once again !

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.