Assetto Corsa Competizione Wish List

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ok folks so we know what it is, we know when it's coming and we know it has the Blancpain GT Series licence. But what else do you want to see in the title? Let us know your wish list requests in the comments section below..

SIM RACING IS AWESOME!

Community says they wish things could be like the old days when developers focused on one series. Kunos delivers and now the community wants more tracks and cars. Go figure.
--------------
Realistic flat spotting of tires
Live Crew Chief/Spotter
Ability to schedule pit stop with voice commands
Ability to stall/kill the engine
Manual pit road limiter
Rolling starts
RSR style leaderboard with Hotlap (static optimal conditions) feature
Livetrack/Realroad - rubber is laid down where the cars drive
Realistic wet surface behavior
Realistic gravel traps
Advanced damage model, both visual and mechanical

I'm willing to sit back, Let Kunos devise a road map of awesome features and just impress the pants off me.

And laser scanned Bathurst. Do that and you can have my first born son.

Having said that, My first born son is now a teenager and a major pain in the arse....so...free to a good home.

Modern multiplayer, race hosting interface, something akin to what Project Cars uses. No seperate sever app to launch, no need to open ports on your router, etc.

Heck LFS had in game multiplayer race hosting back in 2003, so there is no excuse for this not to exist in 2018

• Content-wise: I would be perfectly happy to start with the full 2018 Blancpain GT Series (at release, and that is for certain I think). In the future I'd welcome more series even if only within the SRO, such as Intercontinental GT Challenge, Blancpain Asia, British GT, PWC, GT4s, future Blancpain seasons, etc. and that Ultracar Sports Club would add a lot of diversity and they have a lot of cars made in AC. But I can't stress it enough, I am very happy even if I only get the whole Blancpain 2018 grid and calendar, I love GT3s and I love that we are getting a full package. Anything else is just a bonus. Other SRO series would be great for the tracks at least.

• Feature-wise: Of course simulation of more and more things doesn't hurt, I have no doubts in Kunos on that front. What I would like to see, that I love in other sims, is the Manual Pit Limiter and Data Display Pages. Also separate control of high-beam and flashing lights (although basically we already have it in AC). Proper starts, clutch, engine control. Cooldown lap. Oh and the best possible AI (no pressure guys). I am not much of an online racer, due to the lack of time at least, but I am sure it will be good. I don't have any specific wishes. Maybe only something that restricts duplicates of the same car livery racing at the same time.

From the trailer I really like those fancy light strips they have on GT3s at night, animated marshalls, and the position lights working for different categories.

One little cool thing I would like to see is something that I saw at Slovakiaring where I watched an FIA CEZ race. There is a display next to the start lights that shows the laps or time remaining. I don't know how is it on other tracks IRL but it would be something cool to have. Just to be able to race without any HUD elements. :)
IMG_20160820_135654.jpg

Community says they wish things could be like the old days when developers focused on one series. Kunos delivers and now the community wants more tracks and cars. Go figure.
--------------
Live Crew Chief/Spotter
Manual pit road limiter
Rolling starts

Realistic gravel traps

I agree:thumbsup: And will add "Proper smart AI with the same physics" and "absolute proper Director mode replays".

I imagine that they’ll add more racing series in the future so I’d totally go berserk if they added a Group C or IMSA GTP/GTO pack. A 70s Can Am pack would also be awesome. Something for the retro minded. :cool:

Wish list requests :
1 Modability
2 Working pit / start lights.
3 Smarter A.I - that defend the inside line, use more slipstream,(pull out of slipstream later) use slipstream of car in front even if car in front is defending inside line, A.I setups for each track.
4 Mechanical failures. (visual & performance impacting)
5. Realistic damage. (visual & performance impacting)
6 Slick UI, main menu music , loading screens.
7 Start from garage during practice, quali, Live timing monitor while in garage .
8 Better car setup screen.
9. Crewchief (or something similar)
10 . Animated flag Marshalls
This might be the next GTR2 (whatever happened to gtr3 anyway?)

Last edited:
Let us do our own "AI" in Python or whatever. The existing interface on the input side is pretty much there, it would just be nice if we could send HID inputs directly with a game interface instead of fake OS level drivers.

This has the positive side-effect that the player base beats up the developing company less over the "lousy AI" and goes tinker for themselves. From my observation the need to create and maintain programmed opponents is a huge drain on game development companies. And the code written has very little to do with the rest of the codebase.

--------------
Live Crew Chief/Spotter
Manual pit road limiter
Rolling starts
Realistic gravel traps

I'm not going to repeat what's already been said so fine ....
Add just to the list realistic race penalties .... and we'll all be happy, I'm sure.

For server admins, more settings possible of course and a special server race replay feature

NB: more cars and tracks will be for a next AC opus: ACC might be a perfect preparation for .. AC2 in another later future.

What would be absolutely awesome I guess would be a
broadcast-second-screen thingy with drivers, cameras, a livemap etc.
What bothers me the most about AC broadcasts are the cuts when changing camera or car. It's just a pain for the eyes compared to the beautiful Raceroom streams :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%