RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are 3 setup I've been doing a little work on.
If anybody cares to give them a go treat them as a base setup. Should give you a good head start. You know if you haven't got the time due to work, family, children, real life commitments or just can't be bothered to practise and make your own.:roflmao:. But want to join in in the fun because that's what it's really about.:thumbsup::)

Attachments

• NISSAN SILVIA TURBO SILVERSTONE HISTORIC GP LB.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 101
  • NISSAN SKYLINE 2000RS SILVERSTONE HISTORIC GP LB.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 114
  • BMW 320 TURBO SILVERSTONE HISTORIC GP LB.svm
    6.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
go team greenwood! :roflmao:
I will be at the back if anyone is looking, or cares. It is fun to drive, if not scary.
upload_2019-3-13_18-33-38.png

My contribuition for whoever interested:D my setups for KTM and Lotus (both a tiny below the 1'.09'' in LB...)
Those mates who dont have the time for this maybe can give it a try;) Enjoy!
The best time was w/ KTM but enjoyed the Evora better... The Cayman has a very weird 2nd gear:O_o:
Cheers

Attachments

• KTM X-BOW GT4 SILVERSTONE INTRN. V1.svm
    6.7 KB · Views: 159
  • LOTUS EVORA GT4 SILVERSTONE INTRN. V3.svm
    6.6 KB · Views: 147
I confess it is sometimes hard to stay focused when you're in 'no man's land'

However, I view every lap as an opportunity to improve, explore alternative lines, braking points etc so each completed lap is never wasted track time IMO.

I will say this to @Ross Garland @Calvyn White @Steve Le Gallez @FeltHat and all the other aliens I've not mentioned - please keep the running commentary and banter going. It's makes a huge difference to know you're not alone on track when you can't see any cars around you. And it's great to hear about the shenanigans going on further up the track.

The only unfortunate thing is when someone lower down the order suddenly decides to quit because they've had an off/spin. You've suddenly got no one close by to try and chase down, or maintain a gap to.

I confess it is sometimes hard to stay focused when you're in 'no man's land'

However, I view every lap as an opportunity to improve, explore alternative lines, braking points etc so each completed lap is never wasted track time IMO.

I will say this to @Ross Garland @Calvyn White @Steve Le Gallez @FeltHat and all the other aliens I've not mentioned - please keep the running commentary and banter going. It's makes a huge difference to know you're not alone on track when you can't see any cars around you. And it's great to hear about the shenanigans going on further up the track.

The only unfortunate thing is when someone lower down the order suddenly decides to quit because they've had an off/spin. You've suddenly got no one close by to try and chase down, or maintain a gap to.

First of all and most importantly I love the word shenanigans.:D:D:thumbsup:
I personally when I find myself alone ( no man's land) I tend to concentrate on my lap times whether I'm gaining on the guy in front or pulling away from the guy behind. I suppose it could be quite easy to mess it all up if you're not focused on something when you're alone, in no man's land.
During a race I never experiment with different racing lines or breaking points. I do this during practice by pretending that im overtaking a car and taking a different line and altering my breaking point and exits. And of course when you do this the track surface is different. By practicing in doing this it will give you a heads up if the situation arises another taking opportunity is available and you will know what the car is going to do.

Yes well about rage quitting sometimes I can understand it I've been there I think we all have when we've just gone:poop::poop::poop:. But it's always left a bad taste in my mouth for a couple of reasons. I've let myself down and I've denied somebody a position in the race. And second of you will learn nothing from your mistakes except you'll be accepting those mistakes as the norm and you will not improve in accepting mistakes.

And finally all the names you have mentioned are not aliens and I feel sure all those names you have mentioned would agree. We just haven't had any racing in the club as of late. There are rare species thank god. Most of them are bullies, arrogant, show offs and generally a pain in the ass. Say very little help even less. But generally well respected.:)

That's the main reason why I try to stay in the race as long as it's at least remotely bearable for me, and I only quit when I really can't go on anymore (for whatever reason). And I *always* feel really guilty about that if there are other drivers at least somewhat "around" me, because I do realize I've just made their race worse as well, and I know all too well how it feels when everyone close-ish to you slowly disappears from the game, leaving you *truly* within a no-man's land, even if you had at least a small chance for having a race with someone before.

They're great fun with H-shifter, but obviously downshifting can be a challenge. I generally drive them with H-shifter, but I am aware that by doing so, I'm willingly making myself slower, because my downshifts are crap, and in the heat of the battle/race, even upshifts can be problematic if you don't time them right. And they've recently re-worked manual transmissions in the game, so they are even trickier now (but more realistic I guess).

Using H-shifter with an autoclutch might be an option as well. If I do that, I only use clutch for upshifts and still blip for downshifts (even though you don't have to do that with autoclutch), but again, ever since the transmission update, even autoclutch is more challenging than it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back