AL Super Touring Seasons

Cars AL Super Touring Seasons 2.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
thanks. but my question is, do we have to rename the .aud file to match the one included in your mod? Renaming would overwrite the .aud file in the ST mod team folder.
Yes. The game will look for an .aud file with that name for that car (but that could be changed in the .inccar file)

From what I've seen on track, these cars are missing engine sounds (for the 1998 BTCC only! I haven't tried the other seasons):
  • Audi
  • Peugeot
  • Renault
  • Vauxhall
  • Volvo
and
  • Independent Renault
  • Independent Vauxhall

I will find the best replacement .aud files from the current SimBin cars and make a list on here so it's easier for anyone hoping to use this mod to replicate Toca 2 / 1998 season of BTCC.

AndreasFSC updated AL Super Touring Seasons with a new update entry:

Polishing, tweaks and fixes

V. 2.4
* New updated materials and cubemaps for better looks and more visual 'depth'
* Updated normals for smoother surfaces
* Some exterior reshaping
* Repositioned windscreen wipers slightly
* A few updates to the interiors, but more could be done in the next update
* Replaced the facelifted Nissan Primera with a better model (based on the ETCC 2002 updated version)
* Fixed a few minor errors.
* Tweaked ai throttle controll and aggression. The result is more passes but also some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The 850 estate requires STCC2 addon to be installed, because it is based on the Simbin model with some modifications. If you don't have that addon, you can just delete the 'Volvo 850 Estate Teams' folder and use the other cars.
Thank's so much! I just got back into the game and downloaded the STCC2 addon!

Hey, i havent played in a while, but just downloaded the 2.4version, the readme says to delete the old version. The problem is i have so much crap in my R07 folder i dont know whats what, and i dont want to delete mods other than this old one.
Is there a why of knowing what to delete or can i just throw the new one in and let it overwrite the old files?
Thanks

You should delete
Pre Super Touring
ST Reloaded 95
ST Reloaded 96
ST Reloaded 97
ST Reloaded
ST Reloaded 99
ST Reloaded 00
Super Touring Seasons

in '..Gametata/Teams' folder and
Pre Super Touring
Reloaded95
Reloaded96
Reloaded97
Reloaded
Reloaded99
Reloaded00
Super Touring Seasons

in '..Gametata/Talent' folder

The reason for this is that some files are renamed and will not overwrite the old files, so there would be some duplicated content.

Hi, I dont know if this has been pointed out in the thread. But i cant seem to get some of these cars to work in a normal "event" wanted to drive these cars around Porto but the game just loads my car & the safety car. None of the AI gets spawned & going back to the car filter all the cars are turned off.

I have pretty much ever single "DLC" or what you want to call them installed. No idea what i am doing wrong since i'm activating up to 24 AI drivers for the track.

That is because there are a very limited number of free car id's available in the game. The Simbin cars uses many of them, and my other mods do too. So the only solution was to let the same type of cars share the same numbers.
So to use the cars the categorys should be used, and the filter has to be turned of.

The thing is, I only have 1 thing active. I have only the 97 season active & nothing else. Sorry i'm not very good at this lol
Do i need to uninstall some of the DLC's or do i just have to run less cars on the grid? It is a bit confusing not going to lie. Havent modded this game in ages :)

filter.jpg

It should work if you turn the car filter off.
Because some cars use the same ID numbers, the game for some reason turn them off if the filter is used

Thanks a lot for the efforts you had with this over the years. I´m glad people still care for this game.
When I copy the files into Race 07 directory it asks me to override existing files. I didn´t do this. But it still works. Which files will be overridden , when I give the permission?
I don´t like corrupting my original files, because when I install a mod the first time , I don´t know if I will play it more then 20 minutes :)

There are some car logos for the menu, so if you have them already there is no need to overwrite anything.
There are also some safety car files if you want to use the Rover, but it will not change anything in the game unless you enable it, as described in the readme.

OK , thanks for the fast response. I rediscovered Race 07 after playing current sims, did a fresh install few days ago and was satisfied with the basic settings and drivers, so a bit cautious not to make a mess, hehe.
After seeing you are working for years now with this mod, I gave it a try. Things like that keep this game alive. And for Classic Touring Cars it´s really a little heaven.

Last edited:
I discovered 2 things today, first was that I was still on the April 2018 version of this mod, don't ask me why secondly that I'd never left a review. Both corrected and a quick 12 lap race sees a physics change that caught me off guard, but in a good way.
Another fun race, worked from 12th to 7th till lap 10, spun at Knickerbrook ended up 21st spun at the same spot again next lap finished last. But the fact that I'm battling mid pack tells me I've got the AI in my sweet spot, with just the right amount of bumping and grinding.:)

I'm new here and just installed the mod. First of all, congratz on all the hard work, it looks and drives just brilliantly!

I do unfortunately have one problem. When I select a race and select my car, it's only my car that loads into the race, no matter how much opponents I select. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.