AL Super Touring Seasons

Cars AL Super Touring Seasons 2.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
I love this mod in general, I've been playing the '98 season a lot over the past few years.

Although it pains me to say it, I'm having some problems since the latest updates. I find the AI have become a bit too unstable on cornering.

AI Rydell has now become Mazepin in RACE07, although he usually qualifies high up and leads the races, he nearly always has a spin (or sometimes 3) every race and ends up finishing near the back instead of winning most of the races as per his skill variables. To a lesser extent I've noticed it with the other contenders such as Anthony Reid and Menu.

I love this mod in general, I've been playing the '98 season a lot over the past few years.

Although it pains me to say it, I'm having some problems since the latest updates. I find the AI have become a bit too unstable on cornering.

AI Rydell has now become Mazepin in RACE07, although he usually qualifies high up and leads the races, he nearly always has a spin (or sometimes 3) every race and ends up finishing near the back instead of winning most of the races as per his skill variables. To a lesser extent I've noticed it with the other contenders such as Anthony Reid and Menu.

What difficulty level do you use?

At the moment, 97%, before the updates I had it on 100%

Also, I use other tracks outside of the BTCC circuits, but it's mianly Rydell that's prone to spins.

What changes were made to the circuits, was it just a bump to AIGRIP in the gdb???

The super touring tracks are adjusted to fit the super touring cars better.
Mainly I have updated the fastlines and some waypoints in the aiw files, not the grip levels, and the materials and textures.

Many other ai cars have a lot of extra tyre grip, aigripbias, so they don't spin, and that can hide a lot of ai 'problems' at some tracks. This bias often causes ai cars to be able to brake later or take some corners much faster than the player car can.

I have reduced all ai 'cheating' as much as possible and replaced it with some other tweaks so the ai physics should be as close to the player car physics as possible to have better and closer racing.

At least for me the ai works well on the super touring tracks at 110%

Edit:
There are some things in the talent file you could try if you still prefer to race at non super touring tracks, depending on what the problem is.

If he often hits cerbs, cut corners or is involved in car to car accidents and spin, try to reduce the TrackAggression value

If he is just going too fast in fast corners, reduce CorneringMult just a little bit

If he is just going too fast in hairpins, reduce CorneringAdd just a little bit

If he always crashes at some specific track, you could try to make a specific car setup for that track.
It should be named what comes after
SettingsAI = in the .gdb file of that track and be placed in the actual teams folder
(...Gamedata\Teams\ST Reloaded\Volvo s40 Teams\TWR Racing 98) to be used in game.
Rear toe in values can help here.
Too much oversteer => less negative toe
Too much understeer = > more negative toe

(Sometimes it can look like the ai car has too much oversteer in one specific corner, but in reality the car understeers over all, and the driver overcompensate for that, resulting in a spin)

Last edited:
Thanks for the great mod but can I ask a noob question or two and confirm this works on the non Steam Off-Line version? Also the folders are added to the parent directory and not the addon director where STCC is loaded. Thanks

I don't have the non steam version myself, but I think it should work.

In the steam version all expansions are in the same location as the standard wtcc cars, ie Race 07/GameData/Teams...

Can someone help me with this?
I made a custom skin/livery using a template for one of these cars from the mod, in fact i made the livery for the '93 Mondeo, but how do i add it to the game? i tried putting the textures and the .ini file into a folder in the "CustomSkins" folder, but when i launch the game, a text file file called "Errors" appears and says that the parameter "body" is invalid, and that the parameter "windows" is also invalid.
I wrote part of the .ini file like this:
body=(name of body file)
windows=(name of windows file)

Did i type it the worng way? What should i write instead of "body=" and "windows="?
Any help is much apreciated.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years