WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
- sorry, but even if I check the dynamic FOV, in the cockpit cam I have no dynamic FOV, only in chase cam.
- Do you know if you can add more dirt on the windshield, or accelerate the time to get the dirt on the windshield, it's for my taste not enough fast, or I don't have enough dirt fast, I like switching on the wipers.
- can you add a parameter to move the camera on the left/right ?
- Can you add a parameter to remove the helicopter sound, I would like to record replays with the helicopter cam, but the sound ruins all.
- Do you know a way to remove the sharpen effect, even on OFF, it's too much sharpened.
- Can you add a parameter to reduce the headlight power in the cockpit cam only.....

Very good job, before your mod, the game was unplayable.

AlexHeuskat I can confirm the Dynamic FOV mods are all fully working.

To confirm for yourself that the mod installed correctly go in game, make sure Dynamic FOV is turned on in the game settings menu. Go to bonnet view and accelerate. You should see the view of the bonnet stretching slightly. And for in car view be in first gear accelerate to red line and slam on the brakes, do this repeatedly. As you do this watch the world outside you should see the world stretching slightly.

Dynamic FOV is linked to speed, so the faster you go the more the FOV extends. I have set the FOV to extend from 80 at stop to 110 (at full speed) Its a subtle effect but it is definitely there.

Last edited:
AlexHeuskat

- Do you know if you can add more dirt on the windshield, or accelerate the time to get the dirt on the windshield, it's for my taste not enough fast, or I don't have enough dirt fast, I like switching on the wipers.

Im sure this can be done, ill look into it.

- can you add a parameter to move the camera on the left/right ?

How do you mean? in the cockpit or move the camera to outside of the car on the left or right?

- Can you add a parameter to remove the helicopter sound, I would like to record replays with the helicopter cam, but the sound ruins all.

Not sure, ill look into it.

- Do you know a way to remove the sharpen effect, even on OFF, it's too much sharpened.

You could install a ReShade blur filter to do this.

- Can you add a parameter to reduce the headlight power in the cockpit cam only.....

Not sure what you mean by reduce headlight power.

- thank you, I have installed first the v3, and i think it makes a conflict with the v4, I will try to re-install the game.
- About a reshade blur filter, can you add it ? I don't know how to make this.
- About the headligh, it's very good with the chasecam, but in cockpit view, it's too strong...but it's only my personnal taste...

Keep on this way, it's very good.

- About a reshade blur filter, can you add it ? I don't know how to make this.

First, Install ReShade (you can do this using in my installer)

You can find the official ReShade shaders here: Official ReShade repository
On that page click the green button "Clone or Download"
Once downloaded extract the downloaded files.
In the extracted files find the shader you want, Try one of these GaussianBlur.fx SurfaceBlur.fx

Go into the WRC8 game folder and copy the shaders you want from your download into the ReShade-Shaders/Shaders folder.

Go in game press F11 to open the ReShade controls and enable the shaders you downloaded by ticking them in the list and also disable "Contrastadaptivesharpening.fx". Then click the "Performace Mode" button to enable editing of the Shader controls to edit the shaders and to return to game press F11.

Last edited:
First, Install ReShade (you can do this using in my installer)

You can find the official ReShade shaders here: Official ReShade repository
On that page click the green button "Clone or Download"
Once downloaded extract the downloaded files.
In the extracted files find the shader you want, Try one of these GaussianBlur.fx SurfaceBlur.fx

Go into the WRC8 game folder and copy the shaders you want from your download into the ReShade-Shaders/Shaders folder.

Go in game press F11 to open the ReShade controls and enable the shaders you downloaded by ticking them in the list and also disable "Contrastadaptivesharpening.fx". Then drag your new blur shaders to the the top of the list, Then click the "Performace Mode" button to enable editing of the Shader controls to edit the shaders and to return to game press F11.
thanks i use you WRC 8 preset V2, I will try to add the Gaussianblur or Surfaceblur fx....

EDIT: I've now the Gaussianblur fx, I've added the DOF.fx but it's too much and I can't change the settings in game.....

Last edited:
thank you AngentHex007, now have succeed to add DOF.fx, it's awesome, the game is crazy !

WRC8 2019-11-22 00-43-02.jpg

yeah my original mod had DOF shader but i took it out because it blurs the in game menus

I use LightDoF Far when i play

Im currently working on improving the in-game dof. the game seems broken to me, we have strong dof on the intro of the game but then in the stages there is hardly any effect at all.

Also please note that each time you run my installer it will completely delete ReShade and ALL presets and Shaders, and then install my default setup again.

I will change this in the next update so that it leaves users presets and users own shaders.

Last edited:
I gave it a try and honestly, your MOD is very good.
Didn't test it yet with my wheel, only quick stages with the xbox one controller.
The feeling is very good, physics is much better (tried SIMPLUS -A)
We can feel the inertia of the car ( if you can add a little more, it will be perfect like RBR style)
I will try the -C after this comment.

Strangly, the replays are better, more natural WRC cars.
I like also the new look of the graphics.
I tried tarmac and gravel.
Only the sounds are not good (thanks to the developpers ! ). They must implement Dirt Rally real sound in the futur, they have plenty of time.

Some remarks ( to help you improve your excellent MOD) ;)

- High end computer and sometimes, I got slowness (millisecondes). I didn't have this behaviour with the original.
- The jumps : the landing is too soft. You can see it on the replays, it is strange, I cannot explain, the suspensions should works separately and the car should shake (RBR style)

I really enjoyed this quick test. Will definitely plug the wheel and restart a carreer.
I enjoyed WRC 8 during the first days of the release but I don't know, I was bored and returned to RBR.

Good job man ! Keep up your good work ! :thumbsup:;)
Liked it

I gave it a try and honestly, your MOD is very good.
Didn't test it yet with my wheel, only quick stages with the xbox one controller.
The feeling is very good, physics is much better (tried SIMPLUS -A)
We can feel the inertia of the car ( if you can add a little more, it will be perfect like RBR style)
I will try the -C after this comment.

Strangly, the replays are better, more natural WRC cars.
I like also the new look of the graphics.
I tried tarmac and gravel.
Only the sounds are not good (thanks to the developpers ! ). They must implement Dirt Rally real sound in the futur, they have plenty of time.

Some remarks ( to help you improve your excellent MOD) ;)

- High end computer and sometimes, I got slowness (millisecondes). I didn't have this behaviour with the original.
- The jumps : the landing is too soft. You can see it on the replays, it is strange, I cannot explain, the suspensions should works separately and the car should shake (RBR style)

I really enjoyed this quick test. Will definitely plug the wheel and restart a carreer.
I enjoyed WRC 8 during the first days of the release but I don't know, I was bored and returned to RBR.

Good job man ! Keep up your good work ! :thumbsup:;)
Liked it

UPDATE : I tried the SIMPLUS-C and this is much better.
Simply amazing how you 've completely changed the game, this is another game !
Even the replay is nice to watch.

The only issue I have is some stuttering (frames drop). And I know my system could run this game perfectly in full + another game in full at the same time ;)

Quick question : to adjust the camera, we do it in the preferences of the game, right ?

Thank you bro, you did a hell of a job. Nice interface for the installation as well, it's pro.

Man, the team who developped the game should hire you !
I've tried different surfaces and you can feel the weight of the car and the physics working.
On the ice and snow, it's amazing. On gravel, another type of control, same on tarmac.
Always adjusting the car and play with weight transfert.
I don't know what you did for the graphics, but it's absolutly fantastic !
Gamers who like sim (RBR), should defenitely try this MOD and share it

AgentHeX 0007 updated WRC 8 Mods with a new update entry:

Added Impact Physics Mod, and changed many other things.

Update v.5.0

Impact Physics Mod: v.1 and v.2

Barriers, Armco, Walls, Fences, Hay Bails Signs etc. will now not slow down the car down as much as the default game and will not grab the car and drag it to a standstill as often. You should also be able to smash through fences a little easier. During crashes the car will slide more and take longer to come to a stop. Crash physics are much improved with this mod, though there are some parts in the games stages that seem to ignore any physics setting and send the car flying into the air, nothing I can do about this. Crashing into the terrain and running wide across bumpy terrain should not buck the up car up into the air as much as default. Hitting rocks at 90mph is not going to end well using this mod ;) be prepared to crash a lot at first! after a while you will notice that you will get away with more off road mistakes and close calls than before when driving to the limit.
Try them out im sure you will like them. Both are work in progress.

Changed the Post Process Mod.
x3 scale was causing performance issues slowing the game down and at some resolutions made the effects look worse. x1 scale gives a much nicer effect, games own DOF is more visable and the god rays look nice. x1.5 and x2.0 are also available if you do want them. Default is now x1

Added LightDOF shader to ReShade.
It will slightly blur the menus but I have set it to give a nice blur to far away objects and not blur the menus very much. Added settings for LightDOF to all Shader presets and set the in game DOF in the UserSettings Mod to off.

ReShade:
ReShade presets and shaders will no longer be deleted each time the mod installer is run, for those who are using their own shaders and presets you can now run the installer and keep all of your ReShade settings each time.

Graphics:
Re-balanced the Graphics Mod and User Settings mod for good visuals and good performance, along with the DOF and God Rays changes things should run nice and smooth again. Thanks for the feedback.

Physics:
Slightly adjusted the Physics in Default-PLUS to react more realistically with the Impact Physics Mod.

Bugs:
Fixed a bug in Damage Mod not restoring the games default settings when selected.

It can installed on top of previous versions of the Mod.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Can I please ask about any frames per second impact ?
I know reShade can be tough on fps, especially depending on filters you use and...
I'm afraid I have none of them to spare, hardly managing close to 60 fps now. :unsure:

Please, anyone, opinions ?
Hex, thanks for this great mod once again.

edit:
My antivirus still doesn't allow me dl this. It's Avast and I NEVER have problems with other mods, never get false positive, so this must be something... special in there. :unsure:

I have just started looking at the physics once again. By default all cars except the Stratos have the front to rear centre of gravity right in the middle. Well we have an engine up front (virtual lol) I have moved the centre of gravity forward and then modded the front and rear shocks to suit. Running some tests and its feeling quite good. The aim is to get the cars nose to come down when it goes over bumps, gets airborne and it will also change how to car reacts during crashes.

Also started modding the cars night lighting, exhaust and also v.3 Impacts Mod.

I will also be adding a 60hz locked mode to get the physics engine in sync everytime.

Last edited:
Hey, does your new impact mod get rid of the stupid INVISIBLE! water puddles impact that knocks you off course? I hate that crap, along with the loud shotgun sound lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back