WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Indeed I also noticed a drop in fps.
This is really noticeable in the cockpit view but also in the other exterior views.Tested with other cars on several rallies.
I don't have a war machine for the moment it's borderline unplayable .....I didn't have this problem before the update.

Last edited:
Indeed I also noticed a drop in fps.
This is really noticeable in the cockpit view but also in the other exterior views.Tested with other cars on several rallies.
I don't have a war machine for the moment it's borderline unplayable .....I didn't have this problem before the update.

Yes is unplayable. O didn't have that before too.

Iam sending a video to the devs... Can you make a video with fps drops? I just did one but its not to noticiable in video (i have difficulty to work with video) but i will send it to the devs anyway.

It always amazes me how much they break when they release an update. The first thing I reported to them is, if you go onto for example a Japan stage and switch on and off the cars headlights certain trees change shape! :O_o:

I will take a look at the slowdown/stuttering. Also they are using a new v-sync system which has not been mentioned in the release notes, could be related to stutters.

I found one new vehicle livery which i'm guessing is going to be used in an upcoming event.

some things I noticed examining the files:
new v-sync system

Multiple patches to:
Vehicle Sounds
Game Music
Graphics
Levels
Car Wheel FX
nVidia PhysX updated

Last edited:
It always amazes me how much they break when they release an update. The first thing I reported to them is, if you go onto for example a Japan stage and switch on and off the cars headlights certain trees change shape! :O_o:

I will take a look at the slowdown/stuttering. Also they are using a new v-sync system which has not been mentioned in the release notes, could be related to stutters.

I found one new vehicle livery which i'm guessing is going to be used in an upcoming event.

some things I noticed examining the files:
new v-sync system

Multiple patches to:
Vehicle Sounds
Game Music
Graphics
Levels
Car Wheel FX
nVidia PhysX updated

So maybe its the new vsync...i will try all to see what happens. In the cockpit/dashcam is where iam getting the stuttering.

If you can fix it i will apreciate so mutch...the game is unplayable at the momment.

@AgentHeX 0007 can you anwser to my question above?

V-Sync is part of the games code in the exe

Taking a quick look at the code I have found different vSync methods and modes which were added for Xbox, Series X/S, PS4 and PS5

Open the UserSettings.ini and change

Engine.Device.VSyncMode = "E_VSYNCMODE_ENABLE";

Try each of the following:

Engine.Device.VSyncMode = "E_VSYNCMODE_30FPS";
Engine.Device.VSyncMode = "E_VSYNCMODE_60FPS";
Engine.Device.VSyncMode = "E_VSYNCMODE_120FPS";

Test and see if any of them smooth things out:

Also try changing smartsync to either:
Engine.Device.SmartVSync = false;
or
Engine.Device.SmartVSync = true;

Once you have modded and saved the .ini don't change the in game settings as it will revert back to the games default vsync mode.

Last edited:
My game runs butter smooth 0 hitches.
PC is 1080Ti Water Cooled, i7 6900K@4.2Ghz Water Cooled, 3440x1440, 100Hz, G-Sync on)
I have every graphic setting at the highest plus my enhanced graphics mods.

I did notice that when I first bought WRC9 that things like Aida64, Corsair iCue (RGB keyboard lights), NXZT CAM, etc. on screen monitoring apps running on my second monitor would sometimes cause hitches and stalls.

I would recommend closing any apps that monitor your PC or control RGB lighting when running the game.

Last edited:
@AgentHeX 0007 Nothing works :(. At least i backup the 1st version of the game (and in the future i will backup all versions in case if something goes wrong) so i can play, but without the new stages because they dont appear in menu. :(

Last edited:
Another RACEDEPARTMENT World exclusive sneak peek for you :thumbsup:

WRC9 FIA RALLY STAR DLC - MORE INFO HERE and HERE

RS.jpg

M-Sport Fiesta Rally3 DLC - RACEDEPARTMENT World exclusive sneak peek
WRC9 2020-12-07 23-32-55.jpg

WRC9 2020-12-07 23-35-13.jpg

WRC9 2020-12-07 23-35-56.jpg

WRC9 2020-12-07 23-34-17.jpg

WRC9 2020-12-07 23-34-55.jpg

All screenshots captured in game by me.

Attachments

• WRC9 2020-12-07 23-32-55.jpg
    WRC9 2020-12-07 23-32-55.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
@AgentHeX 0007 i think i figure out the cause of stuttering/frame drops. Its the vsync. Bellow you can see the October update and December update. In December update the frames dont match. I tried all that you said also.

When we can expect the mod release... :rolleyes::geek:

Attachments

• WRC 9 FPS October update.jpg
    WRC 9 FPS October update.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • WRC 9 December Update.jpg
    WRC 9 December Update.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 94

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 78 29.4%