WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
I made some tests (WRC cars) with and without the performance mod and I made a comparison with Dirt Rally's 2.0 2000cc cars and I conclude to this: The cars definitely need a bit of more power.The engine craps out when you go with 1st gear at 1 turns and 2nd gear at square(2) turns even at dry asphalt.Also at 6th gear on straights you can't even reach the max speed.The engine is struggling too much for a 380hp car.Don't forget that the car should reach 0-100km/h in something less than 4 seconds.I think a bit of more power should be ok.

Last edited:
Hi, first of all thank you for this mod that seem to be a great evolution for the game and pushed me to buy it. I have a problem after installation: the menus that allow you to choose between the mod option are blank, so I can't select anything to finish the installation. I'm on window 7 64 bit, my graphic card is a G-FORCE GTX 750 TI, if that could help. Thanks.

I made some tests (WRC cars) with and without the performance mod and I made a comparison with Dirt Rally's 2.0 2000cc cars and I conclude to this: The cars definitely need a bit of more power.The engine craps out when you go with 1st gear at 1 turns and 2nd gear at square(2) turns even at dry asphalt.Also at 6th gear on straights you can't even reach the max speed.The engine is struggling too much for a 380hp car.Don't forget that the car should reach 0-100km/h in something less than 4 seconds.I think a bit of more power should be ok.
I don't know why but i really do the 0-100 in 3.8s with the C3 and 3.6s with the Yaris.
Look the videos (sorry for the quality) i do, i make a stop on the timer when I'm at 100km/h.

C3 WRC on tarmac:

Yaris WRC on tarmac:

Have you set your gearbox ratio shorter?

i have some problem with reshade, a error say that is not possible save a new preset
and seem that using reshade make happen a changing of gradient colour during the game

Open the game directory, open the file ReShade.ini in a text editor.

Change:

CurrentPresetPath=C:\WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship\.\ReShade-Presets\WRC8 - Beauty Mode - v2.ini

to

CurrentPresetPath=.\ReShade-Presets\WRC8 - Beauty Mode - v2.ini

I will fix this in an update :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi, first of all thank you for this mod that seem to be a great evolution for the game and pushed me to buy it. I have a problem after installation: the menus that allow you to choose between the mod option are blank, so I can't select anything to finish the installation. I'm on window 7 64 bit, my graphic card is a G-FORCE GTX 750 TI, if that could help. Thanks.

Thanks, Glad you bought it, its a great game.

My guess is that you may not have Segoe UI font installed.
I will update the installer to use a different font for the menus.

Anyone else here using Windows 7, do you have this problem?

Last edited:
I don't know why but i really do the 0-100 in 3.8s with the C3 and 3.6s with the Yaris.
Look the videos (sorry for the quality) i do, i make a stop on the timer when I'm at 100km/h.

C3 WRC on tarmac:

Yaris WRC on tarmac:

Have you set your gearbox ratio shorter?

Gearbox is set to 2.Can you make a run with C3 WRC one in Freisen and one in Barcelona and upload?? That would be perfect.Maybe I don't change gears correctly.

Last edited:
Seems that C3 is a bit of tricky like in reality...even Ogier couldn't win the championship with it :cool:
Yes,i would like to keep this car a little bit slower than i20 or yaris, that was the fact everyone was agree with last year. Even the C3 had less torque, in the game you can be quick but not in long stages. You can't play with that rythme on 20km stage or you really know the stage

My 2cents. The C3 is known for a powerful engine with much torque in lower and mid revs. E. Lappi second this in comments after his first test with the Fiesta. He said that the Fiesta lacks of torque compared to the c3 in acceleration. So, making the C3 slower with a less powerful engine does not match reality. The big problem of the C3 was that the Chassis had flaws which made the car on the edge in some ways unpredictable so that divers couldn't build enough faith in the car.

In my opinion, the current engine mod is a bit to low , cars need more torque. The acceleration depends in game from the still in simmod plus a/b to much grip.
But Overall the mod makes the game better, mostly the brake mod is great as the understeer is gone.

I can’t get rid or understeer, even with the brake mod installed. Grip level A is a bit better than other two, but the car still plows straight. Tried some setup changes, but no real difference, so there must be something I’m doing wrong.

I can’t get rid or understeer, even with the brake mod installed. Grip level A is a bit better than other two, but the car still plows straight. Tried some setup changes, but no real difference, so there must be something I’m doing wrong.
Though you may have tried it would help someone else. Your rear tires are getting out of control so;

Soften front springs as much as you can
Move brake bias to front
Soften front anti rollbars / stiffen rear ARB
Decrease front lsd driving lock (more open)

My 2cents. The C3 is known for a powerful engine with much torque in lower and mid revs. E. Lappi second this in comments after his first test with the Fiesta. He said that the Fiesta lacks of torque compared to the c3 in acceleration. So, making the C3 slower with a less powerful engine does not match reality. The big problem of the C3 was that the Chassis had flaws which made the car on the edge in some ways unpredictable so that divers couldn't build enough faith in the car.

In my opinion, the current engine mod is a bit to low , cars need more torque. The acceleration depends in game from the still in simmod plus a/b to much grip.
But Overall the mod makes the game better, mostly the brake mod is great as the understeer is gone.
I take in consideration your post and will see how to solve this problem.
However, i looked a lot of video on YouTube (onboard and tachy datas) and drivers use the engine at high rev, they dont use torque in low or middle range. They are always between 5k-7,5k rpm. Normally torque in this engine drop after 5,5-6k rpm, that's the logic i use on my mods.
I will use timer with these video and compare to mods to have an idea of thé différence.

Maybe i find the problem. Is not a problem of torque, or is not due to the torque figure.
I think that turbo is charging too slow and boost is not at maximum when you push to accelerate. the consequence is the torque is not fully available.
i will send an update soon hoping solving the problem

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea