[WIP] - Ferrari F2008 '08 by Emirates0506

emirates0506

25RPM
Mar 26, 2017
Hello there!
I wanted to post some picture of the work I'm currently doing.
It is a model which I probably love the most between all the Ferrari of the recent era.
Unfortunately there is something i can't figure out yet, and is how to paint this model, adding all the decals and the proper livery it deserves.
I've been told that I need to create an AO map with various programs that can do it, the problem is that the map of the 3D model is quite weird, and is full of triangles, that doesn't let you paint the skin correctly.
I'd also like to know how to add the mirrors to the car itself, since I'm not expert under this point.

Don't esitate to answer, I'd like to improve this F2008, and then see what's happened!

Have a Good day;
- Emirates0506.

Last edited:

Kweel

100RPM
Jul 23, 2016
Yo
If it's 2007 vrc + 2008 nooze mod version I dont see any problem to skin it
All is there, ao too but can be better
What's the prob?

Kweel

100RPM
Jul 23, 2016
Only thing I can see that it s a only one side mapping, so the other side is mirrored. no really nice

emirates0506

25RPM
Mar 26, 2017
The fact is that whenever i try to make the Occlusion Map. I get this weird amount of poligons, instead than the real map of the model. Any help?

Only thing I can see that it s a only one side mapping, so the other side is mirrored. no really nice

Last edited:

Kweel

100RPM
Jul 23, 2016
imo we dont care about an ao map right now
you need a proper uv map

emirates0506

25RPM
Mar 26, 2017
imo we dont care about an ao map right now
you need a proper uv map
How can i create one?
I do basically own any type of program, I'd only need a little tutotial on how make it and eventually, rendering it, in order to edit it with Photoshop.

Kweel

100RPM
Jul 23, 2016
read well how to import/export fbx in the car pipeline 2.0, all must be in meters
question of unit imo

emirates0506

25RPM
Mar 26, 2017
Little Update. I'm working on the livery. If there is any request, feel free to contact me!

Last edited:

emirates0506

25RPM
Mar 26, 2017
maybe in the f2007 folder
I've checked digital_instruments.ini inside the data folder, deleted it and as expected, the error keeps appearing.
Pretty weird; looks like something inside the cockpit, since i've recently turned on the lights on the steering wheels.
I wonder how if this can be problematic.

emirates0506

25RPM
Mar 26, 2017
No, in fact he didn't even asked us about this. Instant report...
I've used that base in order to start with a similar chassis. I will build one by myself, naturally.
It's wrote ''WIP'' for a reason.

Last edited:

someur

100RPM
May 15, 2013
Hello there!
I wanted to post some picture of the work I'm currently doing all by myself.
It is a model which I probably love the most between all the Ferrari of the recent era.
Unfortunately there is something i can't figure out yet, and is how to paint this model, adding all the decals and the proper livery it deserves.
I've been told that I need to create an AO map with various programs that can do it, the problem is that the map of the 3D model is quite weird, and is full of triangles, that doesn't let you paint the skin correctly.
I'd also like ro know how to add the mirrors to the car itself, since I'm not expert under this point.

Don't esitate to answer, I'd like to improve this F2008, and then see what's happened!

Have a Good day;
- Emirates0506.

It seems like you don't have experience in any aspect. You could start by creating skins for cars with complete templates (even VRC released one for the 2007). If you want to learn 3d modeling, start with something simple (and just follow tutorials / documentation etc).

Also *publicly editing an existing mod without contacting or even mentioning the original creators is just disrespectful.

Btw. W.I.P. means "Work In Progress" not "Work In Private".

emirates0506

25RPM
Mar 26, 2017
It seems like you don't have experience in any aspect. You could start by creating skins for cars with complete templates (even VRC released one for the 2007). If you want to learn 3d modeling, start with something simple (and just follow tutorials / documentation etc).

Also *publicly editing an existing mod without contacting or even mentioning the original creators is just disrespectful.

Btw. W.I.P. means "Work In Progress" not "Work In Private".
Thanks for the advices!
Anyway, I do know what '' WIP '' stands for, mate.
What I mean is that I'm not editing/publishing this work in public, I'm not going to release it.
I was simply asking for help, in order to understand the basics, and eventually, create my own base for the car.
Plus, most important thing, I haven't touched their model at all.
The chassis of the F2008, is not something they've created, and I've only used the wheels /suspension and steering wheels for a temporarily period, before learning to create my own version to put my veichle on.